"Try" over "do".

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

I don't know what Sub forum to put this in. If it needs to be moved, please Xanth or any Moderators here, move it to it's proper area. Thank You. I will edit this part of the post out later.  :-) I feel that this topic should be "stickied" too. In the past we have briefly spoke about the word "try", but as what always happens, that thread disappeared into the Astral Pulse abyss!  :-P I did a search in the Astral Pulse search engine above on the word "try" and it showed 12 pages of threads with the word in it. I feel that not only talk on the word try but also the conversation on intent and healing, is important, especially today. We need to be more aware of everything in our lives, not just our "devices".

When I do my daily Phase soak sessions (meditation in my bathtub), I open myself up to what I need to see or know. Today's session almost immediately turned into a mental conversation over the use of the word "Try" and why it is so unproductive, especially with the practice of "non ordinary states of consciousness. Too many times I have seen people using it here and it is usually followed by the word "but", showing some kind of failure.

In Hypnosis, the word "try" is used with the expectation of failure. Example: Try to move your arm. Failure. Move your arm. Success. Why is this? It is because the word "try" does not show commitment. This is shown in articles on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), otherwise known as the "Owner's Manual" for the brain.
https://nlp-now.co.uk/use-try-with-caution/

Here is another link to a short article on the use of the word "try" being counterproductive.
http://powerthoughtsmeditationclub.com/try-why-does-this-word-even-exist-it-is-not-what-you-think/
Here is another great link discussing the word "try" in Hypnosis.
https://ezinearticles.com/?Secret-Hypnosis-Mind-Control-Technique---Manipulate-Others-Using-Only-Word-try&id=2007884

Astral projection teaches us to be aware, not only in the "Otherwhere", but also here in the physical realm. The more we are aware of the words we use, the thoughts we have, the better not only our results in this practice here will be, but also our life is in general.

When I was in my late teens I hit a "crossroads" of sorts. One day I found an advertisement in our local paper that said "Free to travel". I went to the interview and was accepted for the job. This job being traveling with a door to door sales team. While in my city, the job seemed great. I received on the job training and the crew I was with was great. When we got away from my city, reality set in. I was then told it was "free to travel", not "travel free". We were constantly reminded that we could be stranded in the city we were now in at any time. The boss and managers were extremely harsh and brutal. Today you don't hear much about these kind of travelling sales Magazine or Cleaning Chemical door to door sales companies because their methods are ruthless and one leaked video would bury those companies. Things like putting a person on Highway doing push-ups because they didn't have any sales, aren't permitted anymore. They weren't then either, but no one ever said anything then.

The reason I brought that up is because I self taught myself some great things to make sure I had my sales. One of those things was nightly affirmations. Every day we had a quota. If we it, we received praise. If we didn't, we got a nightly sales meeting. There was also daily morning meetings to set our quotas. In my affirmation, I would close my eyes and mentally say I will achieve so and so goal. I would visualize each word to go with the thought. Many times, the word "not" would show up after the word "will". I would then mentally load that word into a visualized cannon and fire it against a wall and watch as it was obliterated. I would then mentally repeat the "command" once again. This time the word "not" was no where to be found. You may think that's a small thing, but it made an enormous difference in my mindset. From there, I went on to break every record the company had. The strange thing was that the days I had broke those records, was the days that I was sick and shouldn't have been working as it was. But like I said, the company was comprised of "slave drivers", so that wasn't an option.

During my time in that company I learned a lot of useful things. I used that technique of mental affirmations many times while reaching for personal and professional goals in my life. Little things like that make a huge difference in our mental conditioning. When was last time you tried to learn Guitar or some instrument. How did that work out for you? You either did it or you didn't. This practice is no different. When you use a technique to AP, you either do it or you don't. To "try" implies failure. You may not be consciously aware of that fact, but you are actually programming yourself for that failure. That doesn't show "commitment". Years ago I bought a AP tutor CD set from one of the many Authors of Astral Projection. It was $200.00 and at the time it seemed like a high price to pay. The reason I bought it wasn't 100% for the content. Instead, it was for the "mental commitment" to the practice of Astral Projection itself. There were some great tips and techniques, but it meant more to me on a deeper level than anything else. That was my commitment. It showed I was in this for the long haul.

This last part of this post is based on another topic that I think is necessary here. Above I spoke of my door to door sales and the harsh treatment and I know that when someone hears something like that, they seem to feel pity for the person. I do as well. I have learned though in my life that many of the harsh things we have experienced in our lives have made us the people we are today.

In the past few years I have been shown that the worst of times seem to have their own lessons and teachings. I do a Phase soak session almost everyday. My session begins with sending healing energies to people in my life that need it. Unfortunately, my list seems to be growing. I can feel the healing energy getting through to some people. But then there are others where every time I send them help, there is some kind of obstacle or roadblock in the way. Still I do it. One of those people is a lady I always refer to as my "better half", the love of my life. She was diagnosed with 2 forms of Cancer 3 years ago and given 8-10 months to live, even if she had Radiation or Chemo, which she decided against. At the time, we had a new granddaughter in our life, loving Family, all kinds of things to keep her will to live. I told her years ago that she was the Author of this book and if she wanted to go (pass away), we would plan for it, but if she wanted to stay (live), we would plan on that too. It was her decision, not mine. Unfortunately now she is losing that battle. I also have a good friend that is in his early 80's and having bad memory issues. On top of that he had a Stroke a few weeks ago. A little over a year and half ago my stepson had a accident that has left him a Paraplegic. Every time I send healing energies to my Love and my friend, I encounter obstacles. I either can't visualize them period or there will be a high wall, flaming block, all kinds of things in the way. When I send healing to my stepson, I can see him clearly. According to his Doctors and Therapists, he is coming back more and more each month. I go to his home once a week and we work on visualizing. Just this week I saw in another Phase session of my mine I was shown something that would help him. I taught it to him a few days ago and he was amazed with not only the Etheric tactile sensations he had, but also with how relaxed he felt afterwards.

Everyone has their "story". Everyone knows someone who is hurting in some way. Everyone has had someone pass away. Unfortunately that happens here in this life of ours. We mourn a loss. We cherish the time we spent with them. We feel for the injured or the sick. That's what makes us Human. We usually don't get to see beyond that though. To do that makes us feel guilty and insensitive. Sometimes what you see beyond the veil is hard to accept. You can understand the "whys" behind it, but it doesn't mean you have to like it. I have shown this to be true. Sometimes the soul just decides it's time to move on. It has achieved it's purpose here and now it's time to go to a new location, where it has a whole new set of lessons and experiences to encounter. I don't know about you, but that kind of thinking and reasoning make me feel better about even the worst of situations. It gives "peace of mind".

I brought that up about the healing because in a Phase session about a year ago I was told that my Love was in "stasis". Her and my friend are fighting tooth and nail to stay here in this physical. But somewhere on a different level, they have decided otherwise. My stepson though hasn't. He still has the will to live and get better on all levels. I have been shown that we do indeed plan before we come to this physical realm, all the extreme things that will occur to us in our lifetimes. Each of those things hold their own lessons. Everything else that occurs seem to  somehow direct us, lead us to or just be the effect of those extreme events. Kind of like a "fork in the road". I know that kind of thinking seems to be unthoughtful or wrong, but I have been shown it is the truth.

A lady named Anita Moorjani became famous following a NDE that she had. She had Cancer all throughout her body. She died at the Hospital. Then she came back, but the miracle was, she no longer had any trace of Cancer in her body. She said, she was told in her NDE experience that Cancer was a "choice". Obviously not a choice made on conscious physical level. That would be absurd.  (You can find out more about her with a Google search). While searching her, you might want to check out Bruce Lipton who speaks on the topic of us choosing our Family and life path in general. He uses the study of Biology to make his point.

I know that revelation is hard to swallow, It was for me as well. But then I began observing people's actions. I saw that any time a person was "sick", either by a Cancer or disabled via a accident, etc. that it caused, not just caused, but "forced" them to slow down. It forced change upon them. That change in turn helped them to be "aware". It also kind of directed them towards repairing the problem that put them in that situation in the first place. As of doing their own "life review" and going back to repair issues that directed them towards this new path. Some confront and beat it and some will fight against it till the day they die, never having been able to understand why it occurred to them. Some grow and get stronger. Others accept it and prepare accordingly. Why do "Placebo's" work? the answer "mind over matter". To heal you need to heal the "Mind, Body and Spirit". To heal one of those won't cut it. You need to heal the total package.

My goal for years was to be a "Invisible Helper". I am in the "Otherwheres". I constantly have Retrieval and "Hero" experiences, especially in my LDs (Lucid Dream). I am on this Forum because this has also been my goal in this physical realm here. I actually hate typing. But I am shown many times in my Phase session ways that I can help people. When those conversations/lessons appear, I know there is a good reason for them, just as there is now in me creating this new thread here. I don't use the word "try" as much as I did in the past. I have become more conscious of not only my thoughts but my words as well.

I hope that something I said was useful to someone here. This thread was all over the place. But as I was shown today, all these issues needed to be part of this thread. I say I hope it is useful to someone, but on a another level I "know" it will be.

Thank You for listening!  :-)

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Thank you for taking the time to write such an important message, Lumaza. This single point applies to everything. I think fear stands on the way and we use "try" so often to justify a potential failure and not feel like failures. To blame external circumstances and not take responsibilities. Everything that happens to us is a direct result of our own doing. and as you pointed out, of course not everything is a choice on a conscious level. Failures can be taken as opportunities to ask what is it that I need to understand and learn. Then say, lets do this, lets do that, instead of lets try this , lets try that. You have to be ok with potential failures, because that is the nature and flow of learning. These events ARE necessary. But we have to take responsibilities for negative outcomes. Responsibility in a sense that we understand that there is something that we need to learn, the reason for the failure was not another person that may be involved, not the weather, not the world events, etc.  
Sometimes, on a higher level we have decided to put our characters through a challenging time in order to experience it and gain certain realizations. We should not blame ourselves that we may have failed somewhere along the way and now we are suffering. Punishment is never the reason. Never to blame ourselves, even if we know that it was because of certain actions of ours. There is a difference between blaming ourselves and taking responsibilities to admit. Blaming implies that there must be a punishment. Taking responsibilities, realizing our mistakes, but reacting with positive thoughts and ambitions towards improvement is very different. This approach creates energy flow of success, while thoughts of blame provoke sense of helplessness, weakness, inability. Take the failures as opportunities to grow even stronger with the next action. In order for the next action to succeed, we automatically raise stronger energies within ourselves out of necessity.

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

LightBeam

OMG, what a synchronicity occurred just a few minutes after I wrote the above post, the portion about punishment.
A nice lady and her son came to my door. They are going door to door talking to people about a certain scripture from the bible. She asked me, with all that's happening in the world, do you think God is punishing us. I said, absolutely not, these are learning challenges. She said that's right, but do you have a scripture to back that up. I said I don't need a scripture, this comes from within me, perhaps straight from God. When the people wrote these scriptures in the book you are holding, did they have anything to reference and check if their thoughts were correct. She looked at me and didn't know what to say. I was polite of course, they realized that there was not much to convince me about and left. I wish I was a fly on a wall at my neighbors to listen to their conversations with them LOL.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on October 26, 2019, 16:20:32
Thank you for taking the time to write such an important message, Lumaza. This single point applies to everything. I think fear stands on the way and we use "try" so often to justify a potential failure and not feel like failures. To blame external circumstances and not take responsibilities. Everything that happens to us is a direct result of our own doing. and as you pointed out, of course not everything is a choice on a conscious level. Failures can be taken as opportunities to ask what is it that I need to understand and learn. Then say, lets do this, lets do that, instead of lets try this , lets try that. You have to be ok with potential failures, because that is the nature and flow of learning. These events ARE necessary. But we have to take responsibilities for negative outcomes. Responsibility in a sense that we understand that there is something that we need to learn, the reason for the failure was not another person that may be involved, not the weather, not the world events, etc.  
Sometimes, on a higher level we have decided to put our characters through a challenging time in order to experience it and gain certain realizations. We should not blame ourselves that we may have failed somewhere along the way and now we are suffering. Punishment is never the reason. Never to blame ourselves, even if we know that it was because of certain actions of ours. There is a difference between blaming ourselves and taking responsibilities to admit. Blaming implies that there must be a punishment. Taking responsibilities, realizing our mistakes, but reacting with positive thoughts and ambitions towards improvement is very different. This approach creates energy flow of success, while thoughts of blame provoke sense of helplessness, weakness, inability. Take the failures as opportunities to grow even stronger with the next action. In order for the next action to succeed, we automatically raise stronger energies within ourselves out of necessity.

First, your welcome!  :-)

I agree. It's easy to blame others for our own "short fallings". We may be able to fool others, but we can't fool ourselves. In the end it us that has to face the music.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on October 26, 2019, 16:47:13
OMG, what a synchronicity occurred just a few minutes after I wrote the above post, the portion about punishment.
A nice lady and her son came to my door. They are going door to door talking to people about a certain scripture from the bible. She asked me, with all that's happening in the world, do you think God is punishing us. I said, absolutely not, these are learning challenges. She said that's right, but do you have a scripture to back that up. I said I don't need a scripture, this comes from within me, perhaps straight from God. When the people wrote these scriptures in the book you are holding, did they have anything to reference and check if their thoughts were correct. She looked at me and didn't know what to say. I was polite of course, they realized that there was not much to convince me about and left. I wish I was a fly on a wall at my neighbors to listen to their conversations with them LOL.
Not to turn this into a bashing Religion thread, but recently we had a family member come to our home unannounced with the wife of their Church's Pastor. When they pulled up, I met them outside and explained that MJ wouldn't be taking visitors. They kept walking towards the home and said that's why they were there. That they had come to share the word of the Lord and "save" her. They would not take no for an answer. I appreciate the fact that they came to help, but we could have done without the Bible thumping.

The Pastor's wife asked MJ if she prayed. She said that she prays alone during her own quiet time. This lady then kept pushing MJ and I to pray there and then with her. MJ tried to change the subject, but this lady was like a Pitbull smelling blood. She would not take no for an answer.

She then went on to say that "the only way to heaven is to ask Christ for forgiveness". I so wanted to ask her "how did those that lived before  Christ came here to Earth get into Heaven? Like in the many civilizations that preceded the time of Christ. I just bit my lip though and stayed mute. Like I said, I appreciated the fact that they took time out of their own day to come and help.

Lumaza

Quote from: bungalow on October 26, 2019, 09:01:27
Try is realise universe (already there), do is realise self (perfection is).

Essential monk knowledge: What is... is only oneself being kind to all. Be clean, be new, be you.
Confucius himself couldn't have said that any better!  :-)

I have friends that are Monks and always appreciate their words and the knowledge they share!  8-) Though the way they deliver their message may seem odd (as in the "proverbs that they use), their advice is always sound!

LightBeam

Quote from: Lumaza on October 26, 2019, 20:05:41
 She then went on to say that "the only way to heaven is to ask Christ for forgiveness". I so wanted to ask her "how did those that lived before  Christ came here to Earth get into Heaven? Like in the many civilizations that preceded the time of Christ. I just bit my lip though and stayed mute. Like I said, I appreciated the fact that they took time out of their own day to come and help.

Yes, they truly mean well. But they are not allowing themselves to see all there is. In general I think religions strive towards the good for humankind, though imposing many restrictions, therefore there is no progress. The spirit and its journey is much more complicated than religions understand. This is my only issue with them. And of course if they violate human rights regardless in which country they practice. Regardless of how old certain cultures are, and for how many centuries their traditions have existed, if they violate human rights, then it's time for a change.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Lumaza that was beautifully written and much appreciated. You are right on all counts but you don't need me to tell you that as you already know and understand how this world of ours works.

When we commit ourselves to learning then trying is no longer an option. We must do and whether we get it right or wrong the first time or the first hundred times isn't what matters. What we learn along the way is. Right and wrong are highly subjective. And we must be careful of the words we use for just like music or the melody in a song words carry frequencies and have their own meaning.

As I was reading your thoughts here each time you wrote 'try' I could see a burst of white energy spew forth in a small way from the word itself but then simply dissipate and fall away like mist in sunshine. So that's my visual on how a word fails and what comes from that word fails. The word 'do' on the other hand is like a solid steel arrow of white light that shoots straight and has the power to go on for ever.

The world is changing and we must remain and be forever patient with those who are stuck. It's sad true but we all have our time.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Hmm, I went to modify my opening speech there and there doesn't seem to be an option to do that, like there does on regular posts. It must be because it is the opening text of a Sticky.

I know this is off topic to what the Sticky topic was above, but that's okay. This needs to be said I have wanted to say this for a long time now, but didn't want it disappearing into the Astral Pulse abyss, like many of the other threads do.

What I want to say is "THANK YOU" to Xanth and all of the active Moderators here that keep this Forum running smoothly. I use the word "active" because I see the titles Administrator and Moderator as a show of respect. I have the highest gratitude for those Mods that have moved on as well. They have shared here in the past and have done their duty to keep this Forum healthy and alive. But now, I am targeting the Mods that come here and volunteer their time on a daily basis. The ones that have logged on here recently within the last month or so.

As being a former Moderator here, I know what the task entails. None of our members here get to see the enormous list of people awaiting membership for this Forum. 99.9 % of them are either Spammers or Spambots. You then have to check their IP addresses against the IP addresses of known Spammers. In the past, Szaxx and I did thousands of them daily. I don't think it's that bad anymore. It got so bad in the past that Szaxx created a program to "blanket ban" a number of them all at once. He got rid of thousands of Spammers that had made it through the Astral pulse net already. I know first hand that that kind of daily upkeep can be a tiring duty. We all did it/do it though because of the chance that one of those new members is someone that really wants to learn.

I know this Forum isn't as busy as it was in the past. Because of that, we don't have the "instigators" here as much as well. But the current active Moderators here still share, teach and help how ever they can on a daily basis. This is why I made this post here, so they all will get a much deserved "THANK YOU!  :-)

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on October 29, 2019, 14:16:02
Lumaza that was beautifully written and much appreciated. You are right on all counts but you don't need me to tell you that as you already know and understand how this world of ours works.

When we commit ourselves to learning then trying is no longer an option. We must do and whether we get it right or wrong the first time or the first hundred times isn't what matters. What we learn along the way is. Right and wrong are highly subjective. And we must be careful of the words we use for just like music or the melody in a song words carry frequencies and have their own meaning.

As I was reading your thoughts here each time you wrote 'try' I could see a burst of white energy spew forth in a small way from the word itself but then simply dissipate and fall away like mist in sunshine. So that's my visual on how a word fails and what comes from that word fails. The word 'do' on the other hand is like a solid steel arrow of white light that shoots straight and has the power to go on for ever.

The world is changing and we must remain and be forever patient with those who are stuck. It's sad true but we all have our time.
Thank You Nameless for your kind words!

"When we commit ourselves to learning then trying is no longer an option. We must do and whether we get it right or wrong the first time or the first hundred times isn't what matters. What we learn along the way is. Right and wrong are highly subjective. And we must be careful of the words we use for just like music or the melody in a song words carry frequencies and have their own meaning."

It's too bad that message is too long for a Fortune Cookie!  :-D It would definitely have caught my attention!  :-D

Oh, by the way, that is some pretty good visualizing talent you have there!  :wink:

Nameless

Aww, thank you Lu. But who taught me much of that visualizing talent, hmm? LOL
(you know all you really need is a bigger fortune cookie) :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on October 30, 2019, 21:04:27
(you know all you really need is a bigger fortune cookie) :-)
Sold!  :-D