Randomness I need help with

Previous topic - Next topic

JABuna

Is having an urge to move common? Lately I'll feel as though I'm close to projecting (who the hell knows) but then I feel like moving or doing something and I have to almost force myself to stay still, ultimately messing up my state of mind. Is there any advice on making this easier? Does it mean I'm close?

Next
After relaxing for a while, my mind will go into this type of dream mode where I'll doze off and randomly think of something and usually visualize it. Then after about a second I'll catch myself doing it and snap right back. However, that's not the point. The point is, after this happens a few times, I'll snap back to it but my mind will be somewhere else. It's like I'll have a million thoughts going through my head but my mind will be blank at the same time. I'll try to think of something to focus my mind on but I can't think of anything at all. It almost feels like my head is in an empty space with everything yet nothing flying by at once. I'll feel like I'm ready to sepperate but when I try I just move and ruin the whole thing.
Any ideas?

Next
I seem to get phantom limbs quite a bit but I don't know how to control them.. Suggestions?

Next
Do I have to experience vibrations or loud noises to AP? I never feel vibrations and the ringing in my ear never gets loud. In fact the ringing usually becomes silent after a while.
How do I bring them on or intensify?

Thanks,
John
"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
-Michael Jordan

ThaomasOfGrey

The urge to move is a strange mechanism of the mind. Allegedly our brains cannot tell the difference between awake and asleep, yet sleep paralysis must be induced at some point to prevent thrashing in the night. The urge to move is a test to see whether you are awake or not. The concept is that if you endure this urge that eventually you will be placed into sleep paralysis. My experience on this matter is the same as yours - once I am mentally roused by the urge to move the opportunity is already over as the state of mind is wrong.

Ultimately sleep paralysis shouldn't be a prerequisite for success so if this state upsets your mind I think it is more important to rectify that situation than to try and power through it. Powering through it can work for some people, it really depends on the individual's cognitive tendencies.

The mini dream is super common for me. The latter experience is intriguing though. It sounds almost like you have gone far enough to initiate some kind of dual perception. This would happen to me often while waking from a lucid dream when I was a young teenager. Robert Bruce describes a dual experience wherein a supposed projection failure retroactively becomes a success. It wasn't until a little while afterwards that the OBE memory merged with the memories of the regular experience.

When this happened to me it always felt like a background and foreground focus, and I could switch between them at will simply by trying to perceive the reality of choice.

Trying to separate or trying to do anything could be an issue. If you are trying to do something there is a good chance you are upsetting the delicate mental balance.

You don't need vibrations or noises - I'd wager they don't occur when you experience the mini dreams. What is happening in that situation is that you are more or less instantly going from primary focus on this reality to another reality. The other symptoms in my mind are associated with vague in between states where signals are distorted and magnified in your perception. I don't even think about these things anymore, they are just incidental events that may occur on the way to the goal; you are probably already past this level.

Lumaza

Quote from: JABuna on March 11, 2016, 17:54:24
Is having an urge to move common? Lately I'll feel as though I'm close to projecting (who the hell knows) but then I feel like moving or doing something and I have to almost force myself to stay still, ultimately messing up my state of mind. Is there any advice on making this easier? Does it mean I'm close?
You might want to try come kind of "proactive exercises" at that point. They seem to take the focus completely away from any "physical" body movements. The all have to do with "etheric" body movements. I actually wrote some great ones there that you could try. They are in this Phantom Wiggle thread here. By the way, that thread will also answer your quote below as well.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html

QuoteNext
After relaxing for a while, my mind will go into this type of dream mode where I'll doze off and randomly think of something and usually visualize it. Then after about a second I'll catch myself doing it and snap right back. However, that's not the point. The point is, after this happens a few times, I'll snap back to it but my mind will be somewhere else. It's like I'll have a million thoughts going through my head but my mind will be blank at the same time. I'll try to think of something to focus my mind on but I can't think of anything at all. It almost feels like my head is in an empty space with everything yet nothing flying by at once. I'll feel like I'm ready to sepperate but when I try I just move and ruin the whole thing.
Any ideas?
It sounds like you are experiencing what Robert Monroe calls "clicking out". I do that often myself. The trick is to "click" back in and become consciously aware again. That happens as you develop further in this practice. There really is no "need" to separate from anything. You will find that out for yourself after you change your mindset on things. Just doing "non physical or ethic" exercises will lead to projections. You just have to learn to "allow" them to occur.

QuoteNext
I seem to get phantom limbs quite a bit but I don't know how to control them.. Suggestions?
There's no need to control them. Just go with the flow. It sounds to me that you are still harboring some fears here. You need to confront them and move on.

QuoteNext
Do I have to experience vibrations or loud noises to AP? I never feel vibrations and the ringing in my ear never gets loud. In fact the ringing usually becomes silent after a while.
How do I bring them on or intensify?
One again. There is no need to. You seem to want to experience all of these signposts, when you are supposed to passively observe "whatever" should happen and stay the course. This actually shows me how excited you are and that excitement is limiting your experiences right now. Calm down. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  :wink:

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Bloodshadow

Those urges are usually come when you body trying to test to see if you are sleep, rather it be an itch or urge, once you ignore theses urges then your body will fall asleep into sleep paralysis it the mind awake body asleep method, but remember of you move when you get the urge to you will have to start the process over. As for the whole you getting involved with your thoughts, the very moment they enter , you need to push pass them don't get involved, push them along as they come, sometimes even tell them you will come back to them at a ler time and just keep pushing on, cause sometimes they won't go away or just come back, I've been in this situation and I just stay focused on the task ahead and keep pushing pass until it's just blank by these time you body should be ready or close to ready for either SP or vibrations.

JABuna

Thanks for the info, it's a great help!

I don't know if this is possible to answer, but what should mentally be going on? Not as in "relax" or anything, but what do you mentally do/feel before you AP? There's so much talk on techniques but there's not much in depth info on what your mind should go through.
This is actually probably more difficult for me to put into words to ask.. What is your mental routine once you close your eyes? What do you think/focus on?

Just pretend like you know what I'm asking   :oops:
"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
-Michael Jordan

Lumaza

Quote from: JABuna on March 11, 2016, 22:06:05
Thanks for the info, it's a great help!

I don't know if this is possible to answer, but what should mentally be going on? Not as in "relax" or anything, but what do you mentally do/feel before you AP? There's so much talk on techniques but there's not much in depth info on what your mind should go through.
This is actually probably more difficult for me to put into words to ask.. What is your mental routine once you close your eyes? What do you think/focus on?

Just pretend like you know what I'm asking   :oops:
Ok, I'll pretend. But I think I know what you mean.

When I am "engaged" and completely focused on my "etheric" bodily exercises, it is just as it is here n this reality. My focus is just like it is in this reality, which is whatever I am currently focused on. When you engage yourself so deeply into a etheric exercise, you will soon find that "something" happens out of the ordinary and when that "something" does occur, it becomes your next focus target. Here is a simple example of this. You are just going through the simple etheric motion of rowing a boat. At the moment, you are all in with your focus here. Somewhere along the line you start to see that you are indeed on water. Now you are rowing down some kind of river or lake. You didn't create this. It just appeared as result of your rowing practice. This is when you "go with the flow" and see it through. Don't think back to what your physical body is doing. Just enjoy where you are at the time.

Over thinking all of this leads to more confusion. You need to just learn to "be" in the moment. One moment you are here, next you are there. Always a simple shift away. You just need to learn how to get out of the way of the shift. That comes with further practice.

Just curious, what do think of when you go to sleep at night? It's the same thing. The only difference is now you are maintaining your conscious awareness the entire time, instead of falling asleep.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

JABuna

I don't really know what I think at night. My mind goes everywhere. That technique sounds helpful, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll try it out tonight and let you know how it goes!

Thanks  :-D
-Michael Jordan

Bloodshadow

I mostly focus on my breathing and the darkness behind my lids, and when a thought PR image pop up I push it away and continue focusing on my breathing til the sensations  kick in, but it's harder than it sounds cause you can easily fall asleep, so sometimes I just count down from 100. Try every thing you can to stay aware except move, no stray thoughts though.

Lumaza

Quote from: Bloodshadow on March 12, 2016, 01:40:16
I mostly focus on my breathing and the darkness behind my lids, and when a thought PR image pop up I push it away and continue focusing on my breathing til the sensations  kick in, but it's harder than it sounds cause you can easily fall asleep, so sometimes I just count down from 100. Try every thing you can to stay aware except move, no stray thoughts though.
See, that's where I find that new people have most of their problems. They focus on their breathing or the darkness behind their closed eyes, then await the "signposts" to occur. Once they do occur, the person will become stuck on the signposts instead of moving on to something else. Telling them to just passively observe everything is easier to say, but harder to do when you are new to this practice.

This is where I find that being "proactive" really helps. Once you are more experienced you can just "notice" and await the shift to occur. But most new people I read about here get too stuck on the signposts and bodily sensation that follow and that's as far as they go. Then they get frustrated and many people will give up. It's a shame because they are so close to success.

Sometimes I use the counting method as well. Actually I have many techniques in my arsenal that I use whenever I feel the time is right. I enjoy changing things around once in awhile.

Bloodshadow

Hmmm well could you please explain to me you mothods so I can start working on the correct way thanks step by step

Lumaza

Quote from: Bloodshadow on March 12, 2016, 14:36:11
Hmmm well could you please explain to me you mothods so I can start working on the correct way thanks step by step
By the detail of your past post history here on the Astral Pulse, it doesn't sound to me like you are doing anything incorrect. I wouldn't change anything.

But if you wish to learn anew, here are some links to show you techniques that I teach. They all have to deal with keeping yourself engaged in some form of activity until you find that the shift has already occurred. There is no "body" to exit using my methods.  
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cycling-t45973.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cloud_9_and_beyond-t44871.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/practice_but_practice_what-t39372.0.html

JABuna

I'm the same way. I feel signposts every time but once I do I have no idea where to go from there. I tried your way last night but ended up falling asleep. Do I "row" the whole time, or once I start to get really relaxed and begin to feel the signs?
-Michael Jordan

Lumaza

Quote from: JABuna on March 12, 2016, 18:35:02
I'm the same way. I feel signposts every time but once I do I have no idea where to go from there. I tried your way last night but ended up falling asleep. Do I "row" the whole time, or once I start to get really relaxed and begin to feel the signs?
You don't have to "row" at all. I just gave you a example. Find something, some kind of sport or hobby you enjoy and do it until it starts to take on it's own "life" or alters in some way shape or form. When that happens, stay with it.

Don't try this in bed when you are new to this practice. All your life you have entrained yourself that "bed" is for sleeping. Do this from a comfortable chair. After you learn how to maintain your conscious awareness, you can start to use the bed.