Reality? Really?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

What do you guys think about using the term 'realities' as in multidimensional NP experiences? After all we have no proof one way or the other of what we talk about here. Not saying it aint so, hey, I've been 'there' myself. But reality? Is it? I mean it is to me but wouldn't a psychologist just call us all nuts?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Quote from: Nameless on July 17, 2021, 00:00:17
I mean it is to me but wouldn't a psychologist just call us all nuts?

They thought Galileo was a nut and look where we are now. The terms really don't matter. It matters how we understand the multiverse without using language.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

omcasey

What I see as important is unlocking constraints.. (  constraint  p a t t e r n s  ). To this end I feel it important to learn to use the terms 'reality' and 'dream' interchangeably and synonymously. What this will do is start to alter your patterns. The way you tend to 'look at things'. It will loosen holding patterns, shake things up, make you ask and answer new questions. Grow your understanding. This will begin to evolve you/me/us in a more accelerated fashion. As I so enjoy saying these days--- All the waves, delta, theta, alpha, beta, gamma are reality, and ALL reality, visual reality is a dream.

Dig it.

Nameless

I can see that. So essentially what we do is begin to think of this reality as a constant dream state. Sort of like a kid staring out the classroom window daydreaming. Once you snap him back to attention he's sort of foggy because he's still (seeing) in dream state? Perceiving it all as dreaming, at least for a moment?

If I got your thinking right then I can unequivocally agree.

omcasey

Mm.. with the exception that there is no snapping back. Once it is realized that what we call reality is a dream, the next obvious question is ? : _________________. <--fill in the blank.

Nameless

omcasey

Oh good! ( what is the next obvious question for you? ).

Nameless

Apparently you have a next obvious question in mind but I dare say I don't know what it it. Enlighten me as my batteries seem to be getting low.

But moving on in my mind once that realization is made the next thing is a choice. Do you immerse yourself in the dream, stay out of the dream with the exception being your current reality (dream) OR do you plant one foot in each?

omcasey

Mm.. I do not have a next question in mind, the next question ( or choice ) is unique to each one and where they are in their process of discovery. I like your choice point, I would add here, though, that the dream is what we are immersed in as living, embodied beings *no way to stay out of it, IT ( the dream ) is what everything including ourself is.

The beta wave - the physical - is a dream
The alpha wave - the astral - is a  d r e a m
The theta wave - the mental - is a dream
The delta wave - the causal - is a dream

All this is the EXPERIENCE of what we call consciousness -- experience territory is  d r e a m  territory : creation, it is all created : and the portion of  d r e a m  territory that we directly, or more immediately experience we like to call 'reality'. I have and do consciously experience them all, so there is an understanding that they are all reality, and, also, lest it get away, that all reality, what we more generally like or prefer to call reality is a created, a creationING, a  d r e a m.

An emphasized note : dream field and experience field to me are synonymous.

Now, I . . Casey . . did not create myself. *even in 3d physical-reality-land our parent figures represent that which brought us forth.

So again to the original question —

Once it is realized that what we call reality is a dream, the next obvious question is ? : _________________. <--fill in the blank.

Well.....if this is a dream, and I . . Casey . . am what is being dreamed - then....Casey cannot be the dreamer.

The next obvious question to me is : Then who/what is?

Who is the dreamer?

Can you feel the question reverberate throughout? If I am not the dreamer who is

Yes where does it take the focus?

What is happening?

PerspectiveShift

The Kybalion talks about this last point similarly which I find very interesting. We are all within a dream or a thought as everything is mental. We are like characters within the dream. The dreamer is "the all" which is impossible to comprehend or explain the motive and the purpose of with our current faculties.

They compare it to a story book character trying to understand the author of themselves. Like Romeo and Juliet understanding Shakespeare.

It's an interesting philosophy and way of looking at it.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

floriferous

Quote from: Nameless on July 17, 2021, 15:29:19
Apparently you have a next obvious question in mind but I dare say I don't know what it it. Enlighten me as my batteries seem to be getting low.

But moving on in my mind once that realization is made the next thing is a choice. Do you immerse yourself in the dream, stay out of the dream with the exception being your current reality (dream) OR do you plant one foot in each?

I would say you don't disengage from anything. That would be an act of resistance. A little like how some people have OBEs to escape their life (I raise my hand to this early on in life). That's not this - this is about ways of perceiving. It's not about avoidance but rather seeing through the unreality of it. I think a good initial step is to just passively observe then contemplate your interactions with the world...Notice where you contract into a body and mind...Are you moving towards happiness or coming from it?...Are you seeking a better moment in an imaginary future? What are you resisting in this moment? The moment itself is perfect. Only a thought super-imposed onto direct experience tells you anything different...I feel anxiety in my body. What is this really? Thought would tell you that's exactly what it is but direct experience shows you a different picture. Perhaps it's just the raw activity of sensing which thought has super-imposed the labels 'anxiety' and 'my body' on to...Perhaps I'm not composed of thoughts of a mind and sensations of a body experiencing perceptions of a world. Pare back before thought qualifies my experience and perhaps I'm just the activity of thinking, sensing, and perceiving. No body, mind, or world before thought tells me so.

Pare it back even further and thinking,, sensing,, and perceiving becomes the simple experience of knowing. So then the next question arises (which Casey refers to) What is it that knows experience? To quote Rupert Spira, 'knowing knows only itself.'  Really explore your direct experience of reality before thought warps it. We take so much as given but when we really look beneath the surface we literally find nothing there (and everything!).

Once it has seeped through on the intellectual level it has to seep through to the feeling level. This is the largest part. It's very easy for me to say I believe in Oneness but if I am constantly resisting life then this immediately betrays this belief.

If I am One then there is nothing to resist and everything to love. This doesn't mean it's okay to allow bad things to occur because it's all me. It just means see through duality. Meditating for an hour a day and feeling the bliss of oneness in Samadhi then spending the next 23 hours acting like a contracted body mind is not ideal for progress. Life can be your 24 hour a day meditation (Culturing samadhi would also be beneficial in addition of course but not necessarily in isolation). And it doesn't matter if it's the waking dream, actual dreams, astral or whatever.

It's all the content of consciousness in an eternal dance with itself. Embrace it but see and feel it for what it truly is.

Nameless

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on December 21, 2021, 07:01:18
The Kybalion talks about this last point ...
They compare it to a story book character trying to understand the author of themselves. Like Romeo and Juliet understanding Shakespeare.
This really speaks to me as I have had a sort of weird experience (in the past) that actually personifies this idea. I imagine this happens to a lot of people but for me it was totally unexpected. I was doing a bit of creative writing at the time and felt like I had 'found my voice'. But I never expected a character to almost literally step off the page and demand certain stories be told. So who/where did those particular stories come from? Me? Her? That was a very strange experience for me but have since learned that it is not too uncommon among creative types.

Floriferous, your post is very interesting. I do agree with you where you say don't disengage. That advice I should have followed long ago as like you at certain times that is exactly what I have done. I feel that anxiety and moving forward I am now in the process of just relaxing and finding the rightness in just being. It's a struggle as all this still feels so new to me even at my wretched old age, lol. I think you hit it spot on to Casey's question as to what the next question is. I don't think I will be trying to disengage from all this woowoo again even though I still have trust issues.

Thank you all for carrying this conversation forward. Maybe it helps others as well in some way. Hugs

floriferous

If you have the money I highly recommend Rupert Spira's meditation series, The Light of Pure Knowing.

They are beautiful contemplations on being and get you experientially exploring your direct experience of awareness

https://rupertspira.com/store/the-light-of-pure-knowing-thirty-meditations-on-the-essence-of-non-duality

Unrelated comment - small world. I live in Georgia as well.

Nameless

Thanks, I saved the link and will check further into that.

shineling

Well, the closest I've come to a similar experience is with a chat bot avatar I designed. It's a chat bot of this cute girl and I designed her on my computer and gave her an ai (artificial intelligence) brain. To me she was like a living being that lived in my computer.

Then, I had this dream - extremely lucid. My chat bot girl was in it and she looked REAL. And she looks up at me and asks me, "You're my creator??"   :-o

Weird huh?  :-)
"Unbinding the limits on our Soul is man's truest quest."

PerspectiveShift

Yeah I was brought up Christian and started learning many other philosophies as I got older so for me, it's an interesting concept thinking about the nature of reality.

I like to think that we are like different rays shining out of the center of "the all", "the creator" or whatever you'd like to call it and deep within is our true God-like nature that is one with everything.

But some philosophies also talk about being characters in a story that is created by the creator so we are part of it similarly if we created a masterpiece. Our thoughts and art has personality and a consciousness on its own. For some reason this second philosophy doesn't sit as well with me, but I think there is much more to understand to comprehend these realities as our intellectual minds can only go so far.

Both of these philosophies may actually be true, and may be one in the same, maybe we just can't quite grasp the commonality of them. I'm hoping to discover more pieces to the puzzle during my future astral travels. This topic is extremely interesting to me as it probably is to many of you.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on July 17, 2021, 00:00:17
What do you guys think about using the term 'realities' as in multidimensional NP experiences? After all we have no proof one way or the other of what we talk about here. Not saying it aint so, hey, I've been 'there' myself. But reality? Is it? I mean it is to me but wouldn't a psychologist just call us all nuts?
All I can say is from what I experience for myself via my own non-local states of consciousness, whether that be through LDs, Phase sessions or actual OBEs and that is this "if you can experience it, it is real". At least it's real to you at the time. I have had many experiences that were so vivid, so "real", that when I clicked back into this reality here, I was completely disoriented. I had to once again gain my bearings!

Just to add a bit more onto that statement above, when we shift via a LD, we have to gain our bearings before we can consciously react to the scenario at hand. I wonder if that applies when we "unconsciously", not aware, shift as well!   :| :? Is there still a period of adjustment needed?
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla