Relaxation.

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

I've found moving slightly to locate places of unnecessary tenseness and then consciously relaxing it very helpful.
Normally I don't have to do more than an initial stretch and then pinpointing the troublespots one by one.
Also after I've become relaxed I do a check loop for a while until I can find no more tenseness.
If I add the progressive muscle relaxation the results are pretty amazing.
The checking part I got off a book I reads about the methods actors use to relax on the stage while performing. It deals with visualization and all sorts of useful things. "Strassberg's Method" by Lorraine Hull.

2cents

jouni

alpha

The hot bath trick works good for me,The hotter the better it seems,Dont burn yourself though.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0>

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

ralphm

I find that meditation is relaxing and don't do other things. I fell an 'unwinding ' in my neck while meditating-maybe this is what leads to my physical relaxation. I think there is some kind of weird tension -mental, psychic, unconcious  that is more unsttling than physical. Oh- i remembered something else-when in trance trying to project i felt something like all my cells opening and relaxing and i am able to reproduce this sensation somewhat when i try to relax.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Tisha

A glass of wine, warm bath, and a book about OBE or something magickal will do it for me.  

If you like to read, WHAT you read is key.  Pay attention!  I don't read murder mysteries or scary books at night.  Actually, I don't read them at all.

Phone usually rings about this time.  Then, after hanging up the phone with my boyfriend,  I lie on my back with a pillow under my knees (eases back strain), and deliberately think the kinks out of my body.   Usually I am out cold within minutes, too exhausted to OBE or continue with trance.  Sleep deprived I guess!   But the boyfriend gets offended if I don't want to yak all evening :-)   I'm starting to make trance appointments with myself to get around this problem, he'll just have to get used to it http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

tisha

Tisha

Tisha

oooh, and one more thing . . . all of you who are interested in writing each other about meditation and energy development should check out the Energy Development section of this website . . . there is a lot of interesting information on different types of practices . . . this thread should probably be moved there!  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Tisha

jilola

Tisha: thankyouthankouy thankouy!! What an excellent idea!! A trance appointment!!! Brilliant! I'll try it maybe it can be an OBE appointment as well!..

2cents

jouni

Ashfo

I think relaxation is a part of my technique that needs to be really improved.... currently all I do is progressive muscle relaxation (tensing and untensing muscles from top to bottom).

What else do you guys do? Any tips.....

Cheers,

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-