Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

Quote from: luffy28 on March 13, 2018, 22:03:46
Last night I set an alarm for 4.5 to 5 hours after sleep. When the alarm went off I went back to bed and didn't attempt anything. I also had another smartphone and shut if off because of the loud sound.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Each and every one of us have our own "internal clocks". I see you are using affirmations. I wonder some time if people just go through the action of just thinking a quick mental affirmation or if they really put "effort" into it. There is a difference. Just saying mentally saying without feeling, is going to have you go back to sleep no matter what clock is used to awaken you. Thinking and focusing on it with real meaning, purpose and emotion will have you staying awake.
When I use a affirmation, I visualize the letters in the chosen affirmation as well. I spend a bit more time on my chosen focus, then just going through the motions. I notice there is a big difference between going through the motions of just saying "I will be aware in my Dreams" and really "believing it" and putting a charge into it.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

Quote from: Lumaza on March 14, 2018, 08:06:53
Each and every one of have our own "internal clocks". I see you are using affirmations. I wonder some time if people just go through the action of just thinking a quick mental affirmation or if they really put "effort" into it. There is a difference. Just saying mentally saying without feeling, is going to have you go back to sleep no matter what clock is used to awaken you. Thinking and focusing on it with real meaning, purpose and emotion will have you staying awake.
When I use a affirmation, I visualize the letters in the chosen affirmation as well. I spend a bit more time on my chosen focus, then just going through the motions. I notice there is a big difference between going through the motions of just saying "I will be aware in my Dreams" and really "believing it" and putting a charge into it.

For affirmations to work, you have to firstly open a communication path with your subconscious, then formulate your suggestion. For opening a path, the quickest and most reliable method is self hypnosis, in my experience.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

luffy28

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on March 13, 2018, 22:27:34
Sounds like you started with the intent to do something in the middle of the night but you were too sleepy to carry through. I have done this before. Our bodies don't like being woken up except at the end of these ~3 hour sleep cycles. There are apps that measure your breathing and wake you up based on these cycles but they don't work very well in my experience. Next time I try this I will set an alarm and set the phone up with a 5 minute reoccurring snooze. That way you can dismiss it over and over but it will keep coming back until you are ready to go.

What app(s) on android do this for free?

Thanks.

ThaomasOfGrey

I think I used this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northcube.sleepcycle&hl=en_GB

There are many free options out there, probably better apps, search for sleep cycle.

Lumaza

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on March 15, 2018, 00:19:23
I think I used this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northcube.sleepcycle&hl=en_GB

There are many free options out there, probably better apps, search for sleep cycle.
You guys really do underestimate your natural abilities!  :| If you use technology this way, you are learning to "rely" on "it", the technology, which negates "effort".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

luffy28

Each and every one of us have our own "internal clocks". I see you are using affirmations. I wonder some time if people just go through the action of just thinking a quick mental affirmation or if they really put "effort" into it. There is a difference. Just saying mentally saying without feeling, is going to have you go back to sleep no matter what clock is used to awaken you. Thinking and focusing on it with real meaning, purpose and emotion will have you staying awake.

I've been trying to do it in combination with a picture of myself doing it. It took me minimum 2 to 3 days to erase the fear of seeing myself out of my body.

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Lumaza on March 15, 2018, 01:13:43
You guys really do underestimate your natural abilities!  :| If you use technology this way, you are learning to "rely" on "it", the technology, which negates "effort".

A few weeks ago on the Connecting Consciousness podcast they spoke about a skill that some humans posses called wayfaring. It is the ability to basically find your way by intuition. Most taxi drivers have it, but it is far less prominent today because of maps and GPS navigation.

Supposedly without that dependency we would find our way via intuition. I decided to put it to the test and not use my GPS, I bet you can guess I got lost and was late to my appointment.

The idea to use affirmations to wake myself up in the middle of the night simply never entered my consciousness seriously. Maybe its because of a technology mindset, maybe also because I exist in a state of perpetual sleep deprivation affirmations would be unlikely to work.

Use of technology just seems like a balancing act. We could go back to tilling the fields by hand but then there is no time for astral projection.

Suppose I set myself up 1 night per week to sleep in a separate location and perform this Vigil technique. Would it be smart to rely on affirmations and potentially sleep through my chance for this week? That's the way I look at it anyway. The GPS gets me to the location I need to be to do what truly matters on that day. The alarm ensures I will get a chance to complete my goal.

I'm still a true believer in affirmations though. They work pretty well for me with lucid dreaming but there is definitely a limit to how reliable the results will be based on what you demand. I can ask for lucid dreams and dream recollection and it will work better each day, but there are some things like asking for specific experiences in AP that never seem to come true in the same way.

luffy28

Quote from: Lumaza on March 15, 2018, 01:13:43

I think the only technology I'll be using is alarms. Mostly because I looked at the sleep cycle apps and didn't understand it.

Also are there any people with sleep apnea that have been successful with the obe4u techniques?

luffy28

I've been setting an alarm for 4.5 to 5 hours after sleep. I had to set it to take a picture because I kept using the shaking option and fell back to sleep. I also am going to stay up for 20 to 25 minutes and then set alarms every 40 minutes until I awaken between 8 and 9 am.

I'm going to use this alarm for the 40 min awakenings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.splunchy.android.alarmclock

Wish me luck. :roll:

Yodad

Quote from: luffy28 on March 13, 2018, 22:03:46
Last night I set an alarm for 4.5 to 5 hours after sleep. When the alarm went off I went back to bed and didn't attempt anything. I also had another smartphone and shut if off because of the loud sound.

Any advice?

Thanks.

I'll just pass along what I've read about wbtb, if you fall right back to sleep after 4.5-5hrs, then you didn't get enough sleep, so now try 6hrs. You are like a scientist testing things out. If 6hrs makes you too awake, then adjust down between again.  Changing length of being up is other option during wbtb.

Also, my wife has sleep apnea and went un-diagnosed for decades. She has a machine now though. Something I did get for her that you might want to look into is a essential oil mist diffuser and search for essential oils that could help with breathing like eucalyptus oil or I read maybe Thyme. If your overweight that will be a factor too for breathing. My 2 cents.

luffy28

Quote from: Yodad on March 17, 2018, 03:14:45
I'll just pass along what I've read about wbtb, if you fall right back to sleep after 4.5-5hrs, then you didn't get enough sleep, so now try 6hrs. You are like a scientist testing things out. If 6hrs makes you too awake, then adjust down between again.  Changing length of being up is other option during wbtb.

Also, my wife has sleep apnea and went un-diagnosed for decades. She has a machine now though. Something I did get for her that you might want to look into is a essential oil mist diffuser and search for essential oils that could help with breathing like eucalyptus oil or I read maybe Thyme. If your overweight that will be a factor too for breathing. My 2 cents.

Thanks,
I'm a bit overweight with a combination of diabetes (type 2) and mental illness. Last night when I tried getting up I tried to go to sleep with an intention to wake back up during the night. It didn't work. I'm going to try to do the alarm technique (which means waking up with an alarm).

Here is Raduga's verision of what he did

http://obe4u.com/how-to-astral-project-micro-sleep/#more-3010

Thanks.

luffy28

Last night I got up and stayed up for 25-30 mins. I then went back to sleep. The first two times I tried cycling and nothing worked. By the fourth/fifth time, I was fully awakened.

baro-san

Quote from: luffy28 on March 18, 2018, 23:30:16
Last night I got up and stayed up for 25-30 mins. I then went back to sleep. The first two times I tried cycling and nothing worked. By the fourth/fifth time, I was fully awakened.

I thought that Raduga advised "cycling" immediately after you awake, before making any physical move.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Xanth

Quote from: baro-san on March 19, 2018, 05:12:11
I thought that Raduga advised "cycling" immediately after you awake, before making any physical move.
Well, the trick is not moving upon waking.  Literally, not moving a muscle.
It's a lot harder than it sounds.  LoL

luffy28

Quote from: baro-san on March 19, 2018, 05:12:11

Well that night I got up with an alarm (alarmy is the app on the play-store). I then set it up for every 45 minutes with another app called AlarmDroid. The first two times the alarm awakened me I forgot to separate and tried to do cycling techniques. Between the 3rd and 4th time I ended up fully awakening.

Any advice?

Thanks.

luffy28

Hi,
I just got adventures beyond the body in the mail. I've been reading a version I checked out at the library. I want to know whether I can do the techniques Monday through Friday and then do/try the obe4u techniques on Saturday / Sunday? The reason I'm asking is that I think it's my favorite book about astral projection (the only other books I would consider on its level are Robert Bruce's writings / the free obe4u book). I know he says in the book to do it every day for 21 - 30 days, but I have school now until May and can only do the obe4u techniques 1 to 2 times a week. Also, could anyone tell me their experiences with getting obes with adventures beyond the body? Does William Buhlman teach how to do what Raduga calls direct techniques where you can do it without having to do indirect techniques? In other words, doing it without sleep.

Thanks.

luffy28

Looking back at this this is what I remembering using the last time I was recalling 4 to 5 dreams a day. Can you offer deeper information / links to websites that explain this?

Thanks.

Lumaza

Quote from: luffy28 on April 17, 2018, 18:24:56
Looking back at this this is what I remembering using the last time I was recalling 4 to 5 dreams a day. Can you offer deeper information / links to websites that explain this?

Thanks.
:? :? :?
I don't know how I can explain it any simpler than I said above. Try reading it again. It's basic common sense!  :wink:

luffy28

Hi,
I just got off school (still doing some work but not too much) and now I have more free time. I posted under another name zolo89 on Reddit and this topic was created.

Tell me what you think especially about the part of putting classical music as an alarm waker-upper.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AstralProjection/comments/8f48f4/cant_attempt_to_project_ld_with_wbtb_technique/

luffy28

Hi,
I didn't want to start another thread because I think it would be a waste of time. I wanted to ask how to catch myself awakening during the night while/before trying to do the obe4u techniques? I want to know if anyone thinks recorded affirmations (with a robot voice) is good?

These are my affirmations:

I stay still immediately upon awakening.

Immediately upon awakening, I practice the phase.

I awaken multiple times during sleep to practice the phase.

The first thing I do when awakening is practicing the phase.

I don't move upon awakening.

Every day upon awakening I practice the phase.

The first thing that's on my mind when awakening is the phase.

During sleep, I automatically awaken to practice the phase.

I automatically awaken during sleep to practice the phase.

Should I focus on

mostly?

Thanks.

baro-san

Quote from: luffy28 on October 25, 2018, 04:23:43
Hi,
I didn't want to start another thread because I think it would be a waste of time. I wanted to ask how to catch myself awakening during the night while/before trying to do the obe4u techniques? I want to know if anyone thinks recorded affirmations (with a robot voice) is good?

These are my affirmations:

The first thing I do when awakening is practicing the phase.

I don't move upon awakening.

Every day upon awakening I practice the phase.

The first thing that's on my mind when awakening is the phase.

During sleep, I automatically awaken to practice the phase.

I automatically awaken during sleep to practice the phase.

Should I focus on

mostly?

Thanks.

If you use affirmations, then use them for whatever you want to achieve!

Your above affirmations seem to focus on the process of initiating phasing, and not on actually having successfully phased.

If your above affirmations are fulfilled by your subconscious you'll try a lot to phase, but might not phase at all.
---
- Sir Francis Bacon

luffy28

Quote from: baro-san on October 25, 2018, 04:36:57
If you use affirmations, then use them for whatever you want to achieve!

Your above affirmations seem to focus on the process of initiating phasing, and not on actually having successfully phased.

If your above affirmations are fulfilled by your subconscious you'll try a lot to phase, but might not phase at all.

Could you or anyone else edit the affirmations so they could be more effective? I would like it to be all of them, but it could especially be

Thanks.

Nameless

I enjoy phasing

I phase easily

I remember my phase sessions

Phasing comes easily to me

When I phase I enjoy the process

Try those. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions. You don't want your sessions to be about trying. You want them to reflect success. Baro-san is right about that.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

luffy28

Thanks,

If anyone else could make more affirmations that would be good. I like the first four.

LightBeam

My affirmation is

I remain aware while falling asleep

The most important thing is not to just repeat it a hundred times, but as you are saying it in your mind really THINK what does it mean. What does it really mean to remain awake and aware as you fall asleep. You have to believe that the affirmation is working and not just hope that it will work. Just like you know without questioning that the sun will rise tomorrow, apply the same firm believe as much as you can (I know it is not the same, but try with intent)

The second important thing is to think of this and repeat it WHILE you are falling asleep. Let that be your last conscious thought.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow