Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018

Previous topic - Next topic

luffy28

Quote from: LightBeam on October 26, 2018, 06:50:07
My affirmation is

I remain aware while falling asleep

The most important thing is not to just repeat it a hundred times, but as you are saying it in your mind really THINK what does it mean. What does it really mean to remain awake and aware as you fall asleep. You have to believe that the affirmation is working and not just hope that it will work. Just like you know without questioning that the sun will rise tomorrow, apply the same firm believe as much as you can (I know it is not the same, but try with intent)

The second important thing is to think of this and repeat it WHILE you are falling asleep. Let that be your last conscious thought.

Thanks,
I think that's the technique where you watch yourself go to sleep. I've tried that technique and most of the time it didn't work/made me stay up and I couldn't sleep until I had no thoughts.

Edit: Could you or anyone else explain the second important thing in more detail?

Thanks.

Windwalker.

Just a quick reply with something ive had success with Luff AND I have sleep apnea. As far as sleep apnea goes simply lay on your left or right side so your throat doesnt collapse. As far as technique do you have a phone with a voice memos app for voice recordings? Record 4 hours of silence and then edit the recording where one alarm goes off in 20 minute intervals after the first hour or so of silence. You dont want an alarm that blasts you out of bed and fully awakens you that you need to turn off yourself. You want an alarm that gently rouses you from sleep and awakens you so you are slightly aware. Then relax as if going back to sleep and monitor/explore that sleep/wake line for sounds or energy sensations. After the first hour of silence in the recording set several alarms in 20 minute or less intervals so you have seberal chances to awaken at the sleep/wake line because that is where the obe ohenomenon resides. With trial and error you can adjust the volume of the "ramp timer" alarms so they only gently rouse you from sleep. Also-you will need to change the actual sound of the alarms after your mind becomes accustomed to them because it will sleep thru them knce it has.  My ramp timer had several different sounds in each recording and i have several recordings with different incremental alarms so as to switch things up. Ive had much success with this technique but im semi retired so i dont always need to get a solid 8 hrs. sleep either! You must be diligent in doing this so as to familiarise yourself with that area of consciousness. Good luck!

luffy28

Thanks,
I'd need to know what app to use to do this? I have four Android phones. Can you recommend an app that'll do this? Also, I have Audacity on my computer. I thought this board was gone forever because of the error that kept coming up. Thank goodness it was fixed.

I also wanted to ask if anyone could post a guide (or a link) so I can make certain characters/people appear in my dreams?

Thanks.

Smertrios

I bet you could use javascript to get this done... I do not know about apps

luffy28

Tried learning Javascript once my math skills are too low (around middle school level).

Thanks anyway.

Windwalker.

You need a "tape recorder" luff. It is very simple. Its called "voice memos" on the iphone which the app store has a zillion tape recorder apps which im sure google has even more. Or simply buy one of those cheap digital recorders at walmart. The point of the "ramp timer" is to gently rouse you from sleep without blowing you out of bed. If you have 10 alarms set in a four hour period,  five of them most likely wont even wake you up at all because they must be gentle alarms so as to not awaken you fully. But once you do gently rouse from sleep from one of the alarms and become conscious, you MUST then immediatley relax as if you were going back to sleep. It is in that small window that you will sometimes experience enrgy sensations or strange sounds,  which turn into vibrations IF you relax and dont fully awaken. You are trying to stay awake and aware during the theta brainwave state. If you really wanna do this then get creative bro.

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on November 05, 2018, 18:23:33
You need a "tape recorder" luff. It is very simple. Its called "voice memos" on the iphone which the app store has a zillion tape recorder apps which im sure google has even more. Or simply buy one of those cheap digital recorders at walmart. The point of the "ramp timer" is to gently rouse you from sleep without blowing you out of bed. If you have 10 alarms set in a four hour period,  five of them most likely wont even wake you up at all because they must be gentle alarms so as to not awaken you fully. But once you do gently rouse from sleep from one of the alarms and become conscious, you MUST then immediatley relax as if you were going back to sleep. It is in that small window that you will sometimes experience enrgy sensations or strange sounds,  which turn into vibrations IF you relax and dont fully awaken. You are trying to stay awake and aware during the theta brainwave state. If you really wanna do this then get creative bro.

Thanks. Can't I just use the tape recorder on an android? Also, I wanted to know the type (or name) of an app I can get on google play.

I was going to also post this before I caught your response.

Found a couple of hours of silence from YouTube. Can someone guide me (or give a link) of what types of sounds I should put onto/ into/between the silence once I've downloaded it for personal use?

Thanks.

Edit: Is this the app you were talking about?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skl.voicememos&hl=en_US

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on November 03, 2018, 18:25:54
Just a quick reply with something ive had success with Luff AND I have sleep apnea. As far as sleep apnea goes simply lay on your left or right side so your throat doesnt collapse. As far as technique do you have a phone with a voice memos app for voice recordings? Record 4 hours of silence and then edit the recording where one alarm goes off in 20 minute intervals after the first hour or so of silence. You dont want an alarm that blasts you out of bed and fully awakens you that you need to turn off yourself. You want an alarm that gently rouses you from sleep and awakens you so you are slightly aware. Then relax as if going back to sleep and monitor/explore that sleep/wake line for sounds or energy sensations. After the first hour of silence in the recording set several alarms in 20 minute or less intervals so you have seberal chances to awaken at the sleep/wake line because that is where the obe ohenomenon resides. With trial and error you can adjust the volume of the "ramp timer" alarms so they only gently rouse you from sleep. Also-you will need to change the actual sound of the alarms after your mind becomes accustomed to them because it will sleep thru them knce it has.  My ramp timer had several different sounds in each recording and i have several recordings with different incremental alarms so as to switch things up. Ive had much success with this technique but im semi retired so i dont always need to get a solid 8 hrs. sleep either! You must be diligent in doing this so as to familiarise yourself with that area of consciousness. Good luck!

Do you (or anyone else) know what app I can use to play this during sleep once I have it edited?

Thanks.

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Xanth on March 05, 2018, 04:32:30
Phildan1,
Yeah, it's kind of driving me mental lately.  LOL
They are their own worst enemy.

It's exactly why I try so hard to get people to lose the labels.  In the end, they only hold you back.

The goal one should try to have is to simply "be consciously aware while you're non-physical"... that's it.  That's the holy grail right there, and when they do it, they still don't believe it. 

Xanth....

Reading your posts about loosing labels.... is there any sticky or other details post you have put out?
I have been thinking this lately and its funny I come across your posts like this. And everyone is looking for a "technique" to help them through.

I myself am guilty of the as well up till about a month ago I realized that its not the tips, tricks or technique that works... Its all in your mind!

Windwalker.

Luff
Why do you need an app when you already have a recorder in your phone? You can easily do this by yourself without getting an app. You can record silence by yourself without getting an app. Record the silence and then edit the recorded silence to install the alarms in the intervals you want. Here is a quick example of a ramp timer. This timer is 60 minutes of silence followed by five minite incremetal alarms which i believe is way to close together but again, get creative with what you think is best for you. You can even use the alarms from this youtube ramp timer as the alarm on your self created ramp timer by recording the sound. Understand? Good luck!

https://youtu.be/CDii1W60HBg

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on November 05, 2018, 21:53:49
Luff
Why do you need an app when you already have a recorder in your phone? You can easily do this by yourself without getting an app. You can record silence by yourself without getting an app. Record the silence and then edit the recorded silence to install the alarms in the intervals you want. Here is a quick example of a ramp timer. This timer is 60 minutes of silence followed by five minite incremetal alarms which i believe is way to close together but again, get creative with what you think is best for you. You can even use the alarms from this youtube ramp timer as the alarm on your self created ramp timer by recording the sound. Understand? Good luck!

https://youtu.be/CDii1W60HBg

I was just asking about the app because I don't know how to play the audio while asleep.

For the example you gave the first alarm came in at 1:09:50

Thanks.

Smertrios

Maybe there is a place for "code" on the forums? I gave writing a script to wait 4 hours then play an audio file over and over every 20 minutes a hack. It works but its not very refined like an experienced programmer would write its more something I would use myself (maybe).

<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--
Author: Smertrios
Date: November 5, 2018
Purpose: javascript for delays and sound files. this script
(after editing) will wait 4 hours then start playing an audio
file every 20 minutes. check the comments for information on
how to edit.

Note: its more complicated than it looks because of "policies"
which are basically hidden rules secretely imposed on new
scripters to make life more difficult by forcing the scripter
to search for reasons why the "simple" script they have typed
in is not working.

For instance I had to add a start button so there would be
"interaction with the page" before playing a sound file and how
the element reference returned by getElementById was defined
at the "global" level before it could be used in a function.

Rumor has it that "one does not simply play... an audio file"

How to use this script?

create a directory with this file saved as test.html and 2 other
audio files named testing.wav and audio1.wav. When you open
test.html in your browser and click the start button it will
play testing.wav to show that audio is working and then start
playing audio1.wav every 20 minutes (after a 4 hour delay *and*
after this file has had the delays I used for testing changed)
-->
<html>
<body>

<button onclick="fn0()" type="button">Start</button> Reload page to "STOP"<br>

<h1 id="timer">Time: 0:0:0</h1>

<!-- define the audio -->
testing.wav<br>
<audio id="testing" controls src="testing.wav" type="audio/wav"></audio><br>
<script>var testing=document.getElementById('testing');</script>
audio1.wav<br>
<audio id="audio1" controls src="audio1.wav" type="audio/wav"></audio><br>
<script>var audio1=document.getElementById('audio1');</script>

<!-- some "helper" vars and routines -->
<script>
var counter;
var hours=function(t){return t*minutes(60);}
var minutes=function(t){return t*seconds(60);}
var seconds=function(t){return t*1000;}
</script>

<script>
var fn0=function(){
counter=0;
// change to hours(4) for 4 hour delay before running fn1()
setTimeout(fn1,seconds(5));
counter++;
document.body.innerHTML+=counter+" initial 4 hour delay started<br>"
// make sure audio is working by playing a "test" sound
testing.play();
counter++;
document.body.innerHTML+=counter+" playing \"testing\" sound file<br>";
// START TIMER
setInterval(onTimer,1000);
}
</script>

<script>
var fn1=function(){
setTimeout(fn2,0);
counter++;
document.body.innerHTML+=counter+" initial 4 hour delay finished<br>"
}
</script>

<script>
var fn2=function(){
// change to minutes(20) for a 20 minute delay before running fn2() again
setTimeout(fn2,seconds(5));
audio1.play();
counter++;
document.body.innerHTML+=counter+" playing \"audio1\" every 20 minutes<br>"
}
</script>

<script>
var Timer=0;
var onTimer=function()
{
Timer+=1;
var temp=Timer;
var hours=Math.floor(temp/3600);
temp-=hours*3600;
var minutes=Math.floor(temp/60);
temp-=minutes*60;
var seconds=temp;
var ele=document.querySelector('#timer');
ele.innerHTML='Time: '+hours+':'+minutes+':'+seconds;
}
</script>
</body>
</html>

luffy28

Thanks,
Would I be able to turn the code into an mp3? Also I'll try making my own on / with Audacity.

Thanks.

Windwalker.

Quote from: luffy28 on November 06, 2018, 14:01:10
I was just asking about the app because I don't know how to play the audio while asleep.

For the example you gave the first alarm came in at 1:09:50

Thanks.

You play the audio directly from your phones recorder by pressing "play." Put your phone on "speaker" mode so you can actually hear the alarms. Then you lay your phone close to you while you sleep with the recorder running. Im not sure why this is so difficult to understand Luff.

luffy28

Thanks,
I'm just not as good with technology as I am with computers.

Thanks.

Windwalker.

Quote from: luffy28 on November 06, 2018, 16:57:59
Thanks,
I'm just not as good with technology as I am with computers.

Thanks.

PM me if you need assistance. Its super easy to do. Good luck!

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on November 06, 2018, 17:18:35
PM me if you need assistance. Its super easy to do. Good luck!

One clarification should / could I play it on an mp3 player app?

Thanks.

Smertrios

changing the .wav to .mp3 and the audio/wav to audio/mpeg for both files should do it
<audio id="testing" controls src="testing.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">

luffy28

Instead of just downloading from YouTube (or having 4 hours of silence) I think I'd be better if I just got 1 hour of silence and then repeat that for four to six hours.

Thanks.

Edit: Just finished putting together a simple track in audacity for an hour I got from YouTube.

luffy28

Tried doing the technique last night. Didn't get anything done. I set the alarm for 5 hours after I awoke. I just turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. The alarm I used is called Alarmy.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Windwalker.

What do you mean you "turned off the alarm?" You have an alarm set that continues to ring until you turn it off?

luffy28

Quote from: Windwalker. on November 11, 2018, 23:00:50
What do you mean you "turned off the alarm?" You have an alarm set that continues to ring until you turn it off?

I tried doing the technique on obe4u where you awake after 6 hours and stay awake / read and think about the phase.

https://obe4u.com/how-to-lucid-dream/

The first two steps can be skipped.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Yodad

Quote from: luffy28 on November 14, 2018, 16:49:27
I tried doing the technique on obe4u where you awake after 6 hours and stay awake / read and think about the phase.

https://obe4u.com/how-to-lucid-dream/

The first two steps can be skipped.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Theres been a lot of advice on these 3 pages, but you seem to move on to something else before using advice. How often are you attempting this method? What part IS NOT WORKING? If you look at the link you shared above, after step 5, it has a small sample of issues/suggestions. (PS- Raduga's downloadable "book" spends a huge amount of pages to examples/issues and what he suggested to fix them.)

The link you shared has suggestions to these issues and more:
QuoteTypical mistakes when performing indirect techniques include:
– Lack of an attempt to separate
– Lack of aggression
– Fewer than 4 cycles
– Unnecessary Change of Technique
– Unnecessary Continuation of a Technique
– Forgetting to Separate

Which of these address your current issue - I didn't copy them, but he gives suggestions for each issue through out STEPS 1-5.

luffy28

Quote from: Yodad on November 14, 2018, 23:48:40
Theres been a lot of advice on these 3 pages, but you seem to move on to something else before using advice. How often are you attempting this method? What part IS NOT WORKING? If you look at the link you shared above, after step 5, it has a small sample of issues/suggestions. (PS- Raduga's downloadable "book" spends a huge amount of pages to examples/issues and what he suggested to fix them.)

The link you shared has suggestions to these issues and more:
Which of these address your current issue - I didn't copy them, but he gives suggestions for each issue through out STEPS 1-5.

I'm probably having a problem with forgetting to separate. I also have a problem separating. It feels like I'm stuck to my body. I couldn't / didn't have time to play the audio because I had to watch a younger relative.

Thanks.

Windwalker.

Quote from: luffy28 on November 15, 2018, 16:56:47
I'm probably having a problem with forgetting to separate. I also have a problem separating. It feels like I'm stuck to my body. I couldn't / didn't have time to play the audio because I had to watch a younger relative.

Thanks.

Luff
Im not referring to Raduga. Im trying to explain how to use a "ramp" timer that gently disturbs your sleep with a single alarm sound to hopefully awaken you enough so you can explore that sleep/wake area of consciousness because that is where ap resides. Rather with Raduga or any other author the point is to experience that area just before you fall asleep or just as you are waking up. A 3-4 hour recording with one or two beep alarms interspersed will slightly jar you from sleep so you can explore that "groggy" state while you are fully conscious. Look for any strange sounds or electroEnergy/vibrational energy sensations. They dont happen all the time Luff. In fact they RARELY happen at all which is why you should familiarize yourself with that "groggy" area of consciousness. Also look for hypnagogic imagery or any images you see in that groggy state. Again-it rarely happens. It may take a month for you to notice anything strange or unfamiliar. Or it may be tonight. Thats why you must remain diligent and continue to familiarize yourself with that groggy state of consciousness. When an alarm does awaken you,  immediately relax as if you were going back asleep then pay attention to any noises or images etc. Let it unfold naturally. You seem to be putting the cart before the horse if you dont mind me saying that. Create a timer that has single beeps that you dont need to turn off yourself. Im not sure you are understanding the concept of the ramp timer.