ROPE

Previous topic - Next topic

slydeni

squeek...
my understanding of the rope technique obviously entails a deep, relaxed state, at least light trance, and then perhaps a loosening of the energy body with some bounce techniques, or visualization techniques. From there...yeah you kinda imagine yourself climbing the rope. Its important, the way understand it, to really "feel" the pressure of climbing the rope - like in your chest, stomach areas and even arms. I think the more vivid the feelings...the better chance you will be successful with this technique.

good luck
lotsa love
sly

powder

Dont think about it too much Squeek, its really easy.
I achieved an almost instantaneous exit in only my second attempt at
it!

just imagine yourself climbing a rope using only your hands, coordinate
your breath and the climbing:

youre holding on with two hands
inhale --> reach out one hand and grab the rope with it
exhale --> pull your body up with that hand
inhale --> reach out for the rope with your other hand etc.

The sole purpose of this method is to give you the sensation that you
are going upward, as long as it feels like it you should'nt
worry about "climbing up" http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>.

Update us about your progress

.oO0()0Oo.

Squeek

Yea, i tryed again last nite.  very odd.  I was tingling from my waist down but then it stopped, then kept going, and it stopped agian, kept going....nothing...absolutely nothing...o well. Better luck tonite i guess...Anyway, it was weird because immediately after breaking my focus ( i had been trying for 20 mins...) i envisioned a KI Ball of anger just leaving my hand and i think it did... i knocked off one of my posters! odd.

~~~
There is no truth in lies,

but often there are lies in truth
~~~

Tom

When rope works for me it just generates enough sensations to surprise me. I have long ago gotten to the point of not really expecting anything to happen, so even the most minor exit type sensations is a big shock. Today I was trying to use rope and a couple of times I let go. It caused a minor sensation of dropping, as though I'd lifted myself up a couple of inches from the ground with a physical rope and then let go. It was actually a big deal. It is hard to keep the faith that astral projection is really real.

Squeek

I hope to be able to get out of my body tonite! LOL!

~~~

~~~

dufrenej

The rope technique for me, I usually get a rush of energy and what i think may be vibrations. I've felt floaty, and disconnected to my body and bed.  Sometimes, I get a change in perception, as if a box were placed over my head, things get quiet, as in trance.  But it always comes to an end, during the climbing, when my breathing becomes erratic.  I lose focus/concentration.  Trance dosen't seem to help even.  It lessens the symptoms, but that is all.  

Tom, I know how you feel, about keeping the faith in AP.  
I have been trying to consciously project since about age 13.  I am now 30.  

I've been doing rope, and following RB's online presence since 1996.  I've yet to have a projection, from any means, of my own accord.  It *is* hard to keep a positive outlook on all of this, with so much effort being put in, and so little in the way of results.

Fortunately for me, i have had a couple 'experiences' to at least prove enough to me that AP/OBE is probably for real.  That is the main reason I still persue AP.

Leviiathan

ROPE may be easy, in theory, but it is tricky and hard in practice. If it was that easy, we would not have so many people claiming that to go about it for years and being unable to project.

The difference that makes it easy for some and hard for others is that those who claim it to be easy already have the basic fundamentals in check. They have the skills of concentration, relaxation, and self-hypnosis (i.e. trance) under way all ready. It is merely a different technique for them that makes things all the more easier.

On occassion, amid my meditation conditioning sessions, I attempt to climb ROPE. My technique for climing ROPE, however, is different from the one originally stated in theory.

What I do, is feel the ROPE positioned just below my bellybutton, and going off in whatever direction my point of focus happens to be angled at (we shall say that it's going off at a 45 degree angle). When I breathe in, I feel myself ascending (like a ballon) rising) in that direction. I find that if I feel myself being tugged by the ROPE and it's pulling me up, that is more effective.
When I breathe out, I do nothing (stop until I begin breathing in again). The process then repeats. This variation of ROPE has given me the most profound and heavy vibration experiences I've ever had. Noticably, with my last vibration session, my heart chakra was pulsating rather than pounding (amazingly, I do not recall experiecing any hyper-ventilating or shortened breath). I still breathe faster than normal, but I do not hyperventilate.

I know where I need to work on, and I feel that it has everything to do with falling into the correct sleep-induced body state. As with everything, it takes time, and rather than feeling I'm doing something wrong in the process, I think that it merely takes time to develop an ability to self-induce a state of bodily hypnosis (afterall, that is what it is, is it not?). Lately, I don't try Robert's suggested method of inducing trance. I merely just try and enter the borderline of sleep by minimizing my awareness / drifting off.

About Brain Wave Generator: I listened to this plugin, called "Knockout Punch", and the strange thing about it is that it managed to knock me out. It was about 10 minutes into it, and all I was doing was letting my body drift off, minimizing awareness, while trying to hold it slightly, and the next thing I remember, lights were on in the laundy room (across from my room), and the plugin was no longer playing. The funny thing is, I don't even remember falling asleep. I am so uncertain of this, but at the same time, I cannot account for the time gap that seems to vaguely exist.

Squeek

well, for the past two days trying it, i actually fell asleep.  I wasn't even at step 2...lol...gonna try again tonite, hopefully i can stay up to get this in.

~~~

~~~

Leviiathan

I find that on occassion when I attempt to let my body drift, relax myself, I get these very violent, profuse spasms that beset me. Actually, spams may not correctly describe all of them, like for instance, the last incident.

During one of the last few sessions, I was just letting my body relax, and suddenly, out of no where, my body just jerked, as if it had been pushed. It was actually very violent, and my body moved all at once, entirely. It didn't entirely feel like a push, but my seemed to move as if it had been pushed from the left. Someone I talked to about it thinks it may have been of a spiritual nature.

Squeek

argh... i fell asleep again....

~~~!
Marge: Homer no..You'll kill us all!
Homer: Or die trying!
!~~~

Squeek

Dangit! This WHOLE WEEK I fell asleep trying to do this.. O well....

BTW, I have a mini-radio right next to me, can i tune that to a non-station and listen to the white noise? will that help?

~~~!
!~~~

Synapse

you need to have really good concentration skills in order for rope to work so for people like me who cannot concentrate for more than a few seconds it is very difficult.

i also have motivation problems i have not tried any energy work for about 3 weeks.

#

astralshadows

Squeek, I suggest you try this.
Next time do the following:
Go to sleep.
Sleep for six hours (set your alarm to wake you up after 6 hours of sleep).
Then get out of bed, refresh yourself, read about OBE's, and after 30 minutes of doing this, go back to bed, relax and try the technique again.

This is very very helpfull.
Believe me, you have to try this.

Squeek

TY i will try that today or tomorrow or sometime...but i WILL try it.

~~~!
!~~~

oohyeah

I tried it today, but whilst I did get funny sensations, I found that my back/shoulder muscles became slightly tense too, like you would if you were really using your real arms to pull on the rope.

If I just imagine using my mental hands to climb the rope, I don't get any sensations.  It's when I consciously really get into trying to feel a sensation and pretend really hard that i'm climbing the rope that I do get a sensation, but then my muscles tense slightly.

Anyone feel this too?

wisp

I'd tried the rope method last night, same thing happened to me.Then I fell asleep. Seems I was letting other things distract me during this attempt.I could have been more focused.

Squeek

fell asleep again...2 nights ago and last night

~~~!
!~~~

Squeek

OK...last night was a little different......

I felt the vibrations in legs as usual, then I started the exhale sharply as if i were tired from climbing and started vibrating all over..and alot of it...This lasted for about 30 seconds, then i lsost it. Was I close?

~~~!
!~~~

Squeek

OK last night wasnt as good at all...I tried and got no vibes at all...:( oh well...better luck today

~~~!
!~~~

Tom

It is cold and humid inside today. Not a good day to practice. Sitting up on the concrete floor and resting against a concrete wall, later today I will try anyway. After a few minutes of trance induction, I will imagine a rope and try to feel myself climbing it. It is better to imagine that it will work, but we all know it will not today.

SinkingFast

I tried today, and I actually thought i was going to project.  Vibrations were in the head and chest, and I had this sense of vertigo in my stomach and head.  It lasted for about 5 minutes, then I lost hope and opened my eyes.  Everytime i try i get vibrations, but this is the first time I got some dizziness.  Should i get into a trance first THEN do the rope?  and by the way, when you guys do this, are your lights on?  I dim mine, it doesnt seem to be helping.  

I'll die alone, my friend

Squeek

Congrats, this topic is officially a Hot Topic!

Anyway, i will have updates on tonights attempts up tomorrow

~~~!
!~~~

Squeek

OK Last night was a disaster...nothing at all happened...odd....maybe it was because I had jsut learned about Telekinesis yesterday and wanted to try it out, just maybe :)

~~~!
!~~~

Elone

So far the only sucessful OBEs I have had are after doing something similar to what astralshadows suggested. If you try at bedtime, odds are you will fall asleep. Set your alarm two hours before you usually wake up and walk around or read for a bit. Then when you return to bed you should be alert enough to try it. Sometimes I try it when its time to get up in the morning, but by that time my brain is too awake.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Squeek

ok...this is prolly different for me than for otehr simply because my room is right next to my parents and i still havent told them about this whole shindig...and prolly never will :)  but anyway, i dont know when i would normall wake up...yesterday i got up at 9, today i got up at 3:00...its totally random

~~~!
!~~~