What was this feeling?

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarklon

Does anyone get the feeling that after you do something like that ( get into a really deep state or ruin your projection excercise) , that you feel really .. exausted in a way and really REALLY dont wanna do it again?...I get rather uncomfortable and simply find it extremely hard to stay on my back after I fail an attempt and its like heaven when I turn on my side and give up for the night hehe.. I mean .. after I fail , I simply cannot go back and try again .. maybe unless I get up and do somethign else for a while.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe I can do anything. I believe I just have to learn more before I can make it happen. http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg">

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

freespirit

Hi Zarklon,

I TOTALLY understand what you are talking about. It happened to me last night. I wish I could answer your question about being astral or not, but I can certainly empathize. I got to a point of seeing stars shooting past my eyes and I felt like I was about to start floating, and I thought, "Yea, this is it!" but then I must have dozed off for a second and then tried to recapture the stars, but it just wasn't the same. Then my cat started scratching itself and I lost my concentration, ugh! I told myself, although I desperately wanted to roll over and go to sleep, to give it another try, and I did get somewhere, but eventually lost my strength and fell asleep. It takes A LOT of brainpower and concentration to have an OBE. I thought it would be much easier, but now I believe that I have to practice at it, and eventually I'll get the hang of it. When I get tired, I usually go to sleep and look forward to trying again tomorrow. Good luck!!

-freehttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

fURIX

Yeah, trying to OBE can actually be exausting in some way. It demands alot of will power and inner strenght to get it right. What ever you do, dont ever try to think about how nice it wold be to just turn on your side, that is the destroyer of all things. But thats hard. Im not saying that I never succumb to just rolling over. I do that alot when I feel demotivated. But then again trying to hard wont make things better. Its all about balance. It will happen one day...

justinh

I think I know what you are describing when you say "thin sheet of paper".

I always thought when I was in a trance state that it felt as if my body was a flat plane.  Like, my head sinks into my chest or something.  It's very weird.

I don't think I've ever seen any hypnagogic imagery, though... ;(

Zarklon

Last night I was doing my breathing and counting practice and noticed that I really started getting distracted by the hypnagogic imagery and also I dozed off like 2 times but caught myself you know.. Then all of a sudden .. when I caught myself blacking out or dozing off whatever you wanna call it , I felt like I was not experiencing much hypnagogic imagery at all , my breathing was very VERY easy...

I wasnt distracted .. it felt like I had a VERY clear mind and I guess my body felt liek I was made of a thin sheet of paper .. I thought I was in astral mostly cause I had such a clear mind so when I tried to move , the heaviness of my body came back and I sat up .. still trying to figure out if I was in astral or not .. I pushed my hand against something in my room and it didnt go through so I knew i was just awake.. But what was that feeling?

What was the feeling of EASY almost effortless breathing , CLEAR as a bell mind and I dunno .. a paper thin body feeling?  Was it a deep level of trance or was it me in astral for a period of time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe I can do anything. I believe I just have to learn more before I can make it happen. http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg">

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb