Salvia Splendens

Previous topic - Next topic

jc84corvette

What are Salvia Splendens?

ralphm

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

jc84corvette

Hey I just asked that 9 minuets ago![:P]

JustLikeThePill

http://www.sagewisdom.org/splendens.html

its a regular plant you can get at homedpot. i cant get salvia div. and this is the next best thing. i'm learning about legal drugs that are easy to get, like nutmeg and morning glories

GRRegis

Salvia divinerum is a legal drug.  If you can't get it near you you can always order it from the web.  I've never done it but I was told the 10x extract is the way to go.  Supposedly if done right you are tripping for a half hour then feel really lethargic for about 3 hours after.  I personally prefer mushroom tea.
La vita ci ensegna che non c'è mai fine all'errore, La vita ci ensegna che vale solo l'amore  -Giovanotti

Tenacious

LOL- mushroom tea is NOT legal [:)] Never done it, but it looks so much like iced tea that I almsot drank some. Oh well :)  At least I think its not legal... :/
-Tenacious[:P]

"The most interesting people in the world are those you do not understand" -Me

Logic

Mushrooms are legal as long as their not dried. Salvia Divinorium is great :)
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Blammo300

Salvia Divinorum is available at many online herb vendors for about $20 a gram.  Sometimes local bong shops will carry it but is 2x the price.  Of course if you want to have a OBE then you want the high extract.  I would recommend 5x - 10x.

When you smoke the Salvia there are certain ways to greatly increase the experience.  You should use a bong and a torch lighter so you can get smoke more quickly. Try to get as much smoke as you can, the more smoke you inhale the stronger the effect.

It is important to note that when smoking a extract you might not be able to take more than 1 hit.  When I first tried Salvia I took one hit and held it in, after about 30 sec I was in another world.  I came to 5 minutes later to discover I had dropped my bong and nasty bong water had spilled all over my carpet.

Salvia usually only lasts for 5-10 minutes and thank god because I dont know if I could stand any longer.  It is the weirdest drug I have tried and the scariest and I have done just about .  I recommend you have a good friend watch over you while you do it so you dont do anything to harm yourself or others.  Which I would not at all be surprised to do in a Salvia state.

If you are trying to have a Out of Body experience while on drugs than this would be the most powerful.  

I am personally through with my drug days. Since drugs work by increasing the flow of a chemical already in your body, you can replicate many effects through deep meditation.

JustLikeThePill

Salvia Splendens did nothing for me. alot of people said that it DOES work as a extremely week version of vallume, but i guess not.

i would try salvia divinorum if i could get some, but i'm only 13
i'm going to try nutmeg tea next.

mushrooms are legal untill they are dried? that seems kind of stupid...

Ceriel N

$20 a gram?? [:O]
I bought a can of 20g from a local grocery store for less than 2€.
It's ment as a spice for food (mooses), but it appears to be pretty potent stuff.  Haven't smoked any of it yet, but I'll probably roll it like a cigarette like my friends showed me. Back then I took one hit for about 10 sec (Could not hold it longer. I'm a non-smoker as far as tobacco is concerned.), and that was enough to get me a bit mellow. [:)]
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

carolineneedham

As far as I know, and could well be wrong, mushrooms are legal so long as they're not dried in the UK, and apparently Canada.  But I think they are illegal in the US in any form.

Logic

It depends what kind of salvia you get, pure leaves sell for $5/g, 5x extract $10/g and 10x extract for $25/g.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

GRRegis

Regarding mushrooms, fresh one are only legal in Florida b/c they grow like weeds there.  Most other states they ae illegal
La vita ci ensegna che non c'è mai fine all'errore, La vita ci ensegna che vale solo l'amore  -Giovanotti

Kelbel

I've been reading about salvia for about a week now, and am about to buy some online. Apparently it is VERY helpful for not only astral travel, but also seeing into the future and other stuff like that. Shamans usta use the heck outa the stuff. The trip can start to kick in almost immediatly and can last from 10 minutes to an hour. Its legal everywhere except australia, and wont show up on a drug test! You need a sitter to use this drug.
=) Kel

JustLikeThePill

i might be able to order salvia splendens as a house plant in the future... from the internet. anyone know any online places that sell it that DONT mention it as a drug? i'm still 14

i'm trying nutmeg tonight. i've taken like,a tleast 2 tablespoons. its old nutmeg but freshly grated.

and my friend is giving me a joint monday that i'll save for the weekend. it'll be interesting to try to obe with.

JustLikeThePill

oh, i heard that Coleus "sp?" is phychadelic, but ti takes like 70 leaves.

GRRegis

For nutmeg to work you must have fresh nutmeg.  If it was dried it won't make you halucinate.  It's a little harder to get it fresh, but you could probably get it at an organic market.

jc84corvette

This is a dumb question, but what is nutmeg? What form is it in?

JustLikeThePill

you mean i gotta get it while its alive? are you SURE?

that will be way hard.. man... crap... i'll still have the weed monday though!! we have some datura in our yard, i've heard witches used to use that. any opinions?

JustLikeThePill

yeah.. they never specified it had to be alive. they just said not to use pre-grated and to grate your own.

nutmeg is a spice you can get at your store. its like wooden "nut" and it smells really nice! its pretty small and oval in shape.

jc84corvette

eleusis2

1) Only Salvia divinorum is psychoactive. It contains Salvinorin-A and lesser quantities of Salvinorin-B. These active ingredients are not found in other salvia species (Incidentally the sage in sage and onion is a salvia species).

2) You can grow salvia, but the seeds are hardly ever viable. In nature, the salvia 'tips over' and grows roots to reproduce. If you are interested in growing it, you will need a cutting. Also be aware it can take over a year to get a good crop.

3) Be very careful - If you really must use it make sure you have a trusted friend with you and that you are in a comfortable setting. I know somebody who bought some salvia because he wanted to see what a psychadelic was like - smoked it and completely freaked out in frount of his parents.

4) If your looking to OBE salvia isnt exactly reliable and your more likely to have an out of pocket experience (its about £10/3.5g here in the uk). You would be better off going about it the old fashioned way.

I highly suggest you go to www.erowid.org and look in the experiences section to see what other people have got from it - ditto any other drugs. Remember with things like mushrooms and morning glory that if it works for you, fine but if it doesnt your stuck with it for 4-6 hours which can be very unpleasant. Not meaning to scare you off, just saying you should be pretty damn careful.

That said, have fun  

-- Eleusis [;)]

Nomus

Can someone make a list of items/how to obtain them?

So far I only know of Salvia and Nutmeg. Keep it legal.  

Can someone explain how to use nutmeg?

JustLikeThePill

you can get coleus and morning glory at the nursery (very common) morning glories are a weed here, so theres no tellingexactly which type of morning glory it is just by looking at it.

i haven't tried either.

datura is also called "angels trumpet" its like a tree with huge flowers and leaves, its very pretty. it was an ingrediant in alot of plying ointments used by witches, really neat but incredibly dangerous. i would NEVER EVER try it. we have some outside my house in our garden, auctualy.

jc84corvette

Remember to take the toxic coating off of those seeds. There poisionus.