Schizophrenia?

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewof1989

so, after reading that page on Frank Kepples wider reality i was very interested in his view on ufo's being a sort of bleed through of f3 into f1. do you think it is possible that it could also apply to schizophrenia? not so much the multiple personality bit, but the seeing and hearing of things that others cant see and here? could it be that the schizophrenic is just more open to the non-physical than most other people and that possibly the fact that they just arent given the proper information on what is actually happening to them they are scared and it manifests its self as a negitive thing? it could be benificial if our society praised them and encouraged them to learn more about the non-physical instead of putting them on medications and giving them a nasty stigma. maybe they are more sane then the majority. and those who have forgotten are the insane ones.

Jlrchrd2

ive had the same thought. i agree

Ghostmaster

Schizophrenia isn't multiple personalities. That is just a stereotype. Dissociative Identity Disorder is multiple personalities. Don't feel bad, common misconception.  :-)

Schizophrenia is what I like to call a "reality perception disorder". One could easily compare the experiences of the old mystics + modern-day schizophrenics and conclude they are one and the same. However, the clincher is, mental illness affects functioning and quality of life, whereas mystical experiences don't, in general.

However, I agree with you that people with non-typical reality perception are more open to the subtle realms, because of how their brains/minds work. And I definitely agree with you there shouldn't be any stigma. Do you know how many famous artists/inventors/mystics/downright geniuses had mental illness? Lots of people with MI are very smart, and everyone deserves a chance to be treated as a human being.  :-)

However, I think people with MI still need to be on medication if it is right for them. Think about it, do some research. Many people's conditions cause great amounts of pain instead of spiritual evolution, without proper treatment.

Xanth

I'd actually venture to guess that most "diseases of the mind" that afflict us humans is more due to our multi-dimensional nature of our consciousness than something "wrong" with us.

matthewof1989

Quote from: Ghostmaster on September 19, 2011, 15:01:19
However, the clincher is, mental illness affects functioning and quality of life, whereas mystical experiences don't, in general.

I'm sure I am opening myself up to a lot of scrutiny and that maybe the things i will say might become invalid to some people after saying this, but I am a diagnosed schizophrenic and i cant speak for everyone but i personally feel that mystical experiences (which is what i like to call them rather than delusions)  can affect your functioning and quality of life if you cant incorporate them into your life. it seems that i would get bits and pieces and never the full picture. and when i would get something that seemed like the full picture i would want to explain it to everyone but because it's so mind blowing i wouldn't be able to and i would just be talking about all sorts of geometry and things that others couldn't understand.

also if you are open to communications with other entities but don't know it and are being contacted by entities of lower frequencies, that could really mess with your head as well. where if people were more educated they could learn that these may be in fact inter dimensional beings and that they need to align themselves with higher frequencies in order to block out entities of a lower frequency.

i don't know i'm just babbling and maybe i'm just looking for an excuse to stop taking this god forsaken medicine. but thanks for the thoughts. it's nice to know that other people have had the same ideas.

Gabe911

I am diagnosed with schizophrenia as well (paranoid schizophrenia) and all of what i experienced points to it being a disease to me. Before i was diagnosed, i used to think that possibly schizophrenics in reality were seeing or hearing real things. I thought that maybe voices were hearing non-physical entities such as demons for example. After having experienced it myself I am quite certain this is not the case.

Firstly, the most common symptom in schizophrenia(and what i experienced mostly) is delusions, not hallucinations. Delusions are fixed false beliefs that persist despite evidence presented against them.  From my experience, my delusions were not true and could not be construed as true in any way. For example, while i was in the hospital one thing that i believed  for a while was that i was being buried alive. I was simply standing in the hospital and i believed that i was literally being buried alive, but that i was not feeling the suffocation yet. This is a delusion and theres no way around it. I did not believe it metaphorically. I believed it literally with full conviction. I had many many delusions that piled on top of each other, mostly bizarre(completely implausible), while i was in the hospital. Now, during my stay i also heard voices.Now if i wasnt having so many delusions maybe i could make the argument that what i was hearing was the result of some deepened state of consciousness into reality in which i was hearing real things. But the fact I was having delusions is a clear sign that it was almost the opposite: i was out of touch with reality. This is why psychosis(the state of being out of touch with reality) is characterized by two things: delusions and/or hallucinations.  Additionially, hallucinations often relate to the delusions a schizophrenic is believing at the time. My voices related mostly to the delusions(false beliefs) that i was thinking at the time. For example, I believed i was evil, so i heard voices telling my that i had done horrible things. I also remember while i was walking through a store before i went to the hospital that i was believing i was on television and that the store and people were taking pictures of me, so i started to see flashing lights as if photographs were being taken of me.

Now you say what you experience that people call delusions you call mystical experiences. I must admit i did often feel i had mystical experiences but on retrospect i see most of them now as delusions. I suppose that some may believe things in a metaphorical sense that an outsider would see as a delusion, I believed things however in a literal sense so i can say with certainty that they were delusions.

From my experience with episodes of schizophrenia i have founnd that there was nothing positive about them. Someone mentioned that many intelligent people are mentally ill. Some manic-depressives(bipolar people) have increased creativity during their manic phases of their illness. No such association is found in schizophrenia.  I would like to say that i am intelligent, and i did score as a genius on an intelligence exam i took as a child in school.  However, The studies show that in fact schizophrenia is linked to low IQs, and that schizophrenics have an average of 8 points iq less than the general population. Its true that the nobel-prize winner mathetician John Nash was schizophrenic, but he is also more of an exception.

About stigma. There is no shame in being schizophrenic. I believe it is an illness and not a character flaw. I do not believe i brought my schizophrenia upon myself and none of my family thinks that either. The important thing is to try to recognize delusions for what they are and hallucinations for what they are, without casting blame on yourself for having these symptoms.

About medication. The medication has helped me quite a bit in quelling my delusions and appears to have rid me of my hallucinations completely. Side effects of medication sucks i know. But I dont believe one can deny that they do have an effect in helping a person overcome their delusions and hallucinations. This is what the studies show.

I hope things go well with you

matthewof1989

now that you say that, the delusions are pretty bad, i don't know. i just got diagnosed and i hate it. i'm trying to prove to myself that it's not true. i think i'm unloading too much in the wrong forum though so i'll let this one rest.

Astral316

Quote from: Gabe911 on September 22, 2011, 19:04:08
I am diagnosed with schizophrenia as well (paranoid schizophrenia) and all of what i experienced points to it being a disease to me. Before i was diagnosed, i used to think that possibly schizophrenics in reality were seeing or hearing real things. I thought that maybe voices were hearing non-physical entities such as demons for example. After having experienced it myself I am quite certain this is not the case.

Interesting points, but nothing you describe seems to indicate Schizophrenia can't be metaphysically driven. Perhaps it's the way I view reality, but as points of consciousness we are "tuners" dialed into the multiverse. Some people are tuned completely in the physical, some are a bit "off" so they hear a subtle background hiss, and some are just lost between stations. But this isn't just about seeing or hearing things, but feeling things too. Thoughts are just as foreign to my awareness as the sunset I'm standing in front of... hallucinations and delusions are two sides of the same coin. If you feel like you're being buried alive, maybe somewhere in a different dimension you really are being buried alive. If you feel evil, of course you will hear voices saying so. It's no different than in a bad projection experience, a nightmare, or the thoughts that manifest after someone literally tells you you're horrible... it's all related.

T.L.

Well to me schizophrenia is an interesting subject. Some people who are diagnosed often have what they kind of describe as incredible insights or a huge epiphany. Often times they will have these insights but be at a loss to explain them in normal terms, and find them very hard to describe. They also seem very fleeting to them and sometimes they talk about losing grasp of truths they just learned..etc. Much like a dream many of us has had where we understood certain truths about our purpose in this life, perhaps the meaning of it all... why we are here, why certain things in life happen in cycles...etc. But upon waking up and trying to describe it to people later we can't find the words to describe it and everything we just learned in that dream is so fleeting we forget it rather quickly. I've spoken to a few, watched interviews of some of them as well. They also describe beliefs (delusions) manifesting hallucinations (partial or full blown). All of these things that are described, even by Gabe shows that schizophrenia is basically a disease (if you want to call it that) that is really nothing more than an inability for the physical brain to get out of a dream state.

It seems these people are partially or sometimes fully (depending of severity) locked into a dream state at the very same time they are physically awake. Most people who suffer from it mention that delusions lead to hallucinations not the other way around and this is just one more thing in my view that has always lead me to the same conclusion as well. Delusions/beliefs lead to hallucinations in dreams as well. If you feel fear, or a sense of foreboding then something will most definite manifest in your dream that have something to do with those uneasy feelings. Sorry for the ranting but anyway like I said its a subject that has interested me for a long time. I remember the first time I heard about it and studies of it, so I picked up a few books on the subject and from there was very intrigued. After all the things I went through, including listening to people with it has left me with the conclusion I have shared here. If you agree or disagree feel free to talk to me about it here.

Gabe911

ive been doing a little more thinking about what you are all saying. i read an article on the internet also basically saying that schizophrenia is waking reality processed through a dreaming brain. i suppose the idea what you are saying T.L. could be true. in fact, during a portion of my illness i remember searching on the internet for "waking dreams" because i felt as if i was having dreams while i was awake. if dreams are essentially metaphysical, then i suppose that schizophrenia could have a metaphysical basis. i suppose that it could be like "dreaming" while one is awake.  in my opinion this wouldnt change that it is an illness. its not normal to "dream" while awake, and it causes disfunction, and if the dream is more of a "nightmare" is can cause significant distress.