Scientists investigate OBEs

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat_Turkey

As far as I'm concerned, a lot of scientists are total fags on this topic. They keep trying to go on about OBEs simply being in the brain, and that's what pisses me off.

Okay, fine. Take all of our beliefs, and put them in a box. Now lock the box and throw it in a furnace. That's what you're doing when you say OBEs are in the brain. It takes all sense of purpose that thousands have, and throws it out the window. Stop trying to research it with the biased mindset that it doesn't exist.

That sort of experiment with the symbols being placed in strategic places is probably the best experiment I've heard of. I wish them luck with that. As for Professor French, you won't ever fully understand NDE because you're too analytical and close-minded about the universe residing in the physical.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Logic

quote:
As far as I'm concerned, a lot of scientists are total fags on this topic.

I dont see how homosexuality relates to this..
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Fat_Turkey

Umm...I meant...jerks. D*ckheads, annoyances...

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

mattrox

quote:
As far as I'm concerned, a lot of scientists are total fags on this topic.

heh lol...

Makaveli

It's good to see that they are testing it that way, and I hope it turns up some good results.  Maybe they should test etheric projectors instead since it would be more controlled and easier to replicate.  One concern I have is that to keep it out of normal view they will probably have to hide the targets somewhere up near the ceiling.  But people with NDEs usually report floating around the room while having their sight fixed downward on their bodies and the doctors around.  Also they most likely won't be aware that there are any targets to be identified plus with such an experience with all the aspects of the NDE that would probably be the least of their concerns.

stephen~

quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli

Maybe they should test etheric projectors instead since it would be more controlled and easier to replicate... people with NDEs... most likely won't be aware that there are any targets to be identified plus with such an experience with all the aspects of the NDE that would probably be the least of their concerns.

That's exactly what happened on that radio show. I think there were 8 cases of a NDE during the period of the trial, and no one saw the cards. One guy was reported as saying that if he had been told about them beforehand he could have looked because everything was clear to him. And of course there was evidence that the NDEers saw what the nurses and doctors were doing, you are hardly going to notice a few little cards with all that going on and the shock of suddenly experiencing another reality.

It's hard to see how this type ER experiment could work. Doctors are unlikely to be telling patients that they are so sick that should they suddenly snuff it on the operating table to go look for ten of diamonds, or whatever. And the patient's not going to notice or care a great deal about a card at such a traumatic time. As you say, etheric projectors would be a better prospect, and you wouldn't have to wait around for conditions to be right. They don't get scared or carried away and know what to look for.

Delog

:-)