Shapes surrounding me with eyes closed - upper focus lvls?

Previous topic - Next topic

flowdiggity

Hello,

I was reading this in the FAQ section about focus levels >>>
There is some confusion and uncertainty regarding the focus 12 through 21 states and differentiating them appropriately. Frank, our in-house expert on phasing, and several others have noted how the transition from focus 10 to 12 is often characterized by seeing several abstract forms and and colors, often very quickly followed by a 3d effect in the blackness surrounding you. Hence, there is some controversy on the exact delination between focus 12, 15 and 21. Perhaps the 3D blackness of focus 21 can be said to be more expansive to the extent that it starts to touch upon 'astral locations' beyond focus 21.

(Just wanted to add something in here - I'm not all to familiar with focus levels and phasing... Just started reading up on them a few days ago.  That's when I happened to stumble across the quote above - which caught my attention. I have read a great deal on astral projection, but these focus levels and phasing are relatively new.  Anyways....)

That area that I bolded is what I'm really looking at. A dozen or so times in the last 3 or 4 years I have had experiences that I feel could be described well by the 3D blackness. These have happened when I have lied down for naps or sometimes when I'm going to sleep. They happen right away, usually within a few seconds of closing my eyes. I do not have to meditate or raise energy or anything of that sort.

There seems to be these shapes surrounding me like you said. There is no color - just blackness... very vague outlines if anything. It seems like they grow and then shrink to levels that my mind cannot comprehend. They will stretch out to infinity, and then warp to infinitely small (brings a black hole to mind - when the shapes get super small... not that i've been in a black hole but...) It feels like they are somehow expanding/contracting in a fourth dimension beyond length/width/height... and I can sense it, but not really comprehend or understand just whats going on.

When I focused on the shapes for some time I would start too loose sense of my body. It was an amazing but very frightening feeling at the same time (I knew nothing about OBE at the time). This hasn't happened again since I learned about OBE, phasing, projection and such - but I am eager for another chance. I assume I should go with the flow if it happens again?

Is this the same thing being described in that post/quote from above? If so, any idea why it would happen so suddenly for me? I can not will it to happen, it just randomly occurs here and there. When it does happen though, it does so without effort. What does following through with it lead too?  Any other general info on it?

Got kind of long... lots of questions there too, sorry. If anyone has any ideas/answers/info I'd love to hear it. Thanks for your time - it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks y'all
Kyle

Frank

Kyle:

There is no saying you have to "raise energy" or "meditate" these are by no means prerequisites. So don't worry about the fact you can do it without them. As far as I am concerned, they are a distraction because that is how they would feel for me. Other people, of course, have different views/experiences, which I fully accept.

I just wish I found it so easy to slip into the 3D blackness a few seconds after closing my eyes! That's quite a good deal you are offering yourself.

Willing yourself to do it is counter-productive. Many people these days try to bring it all down to techniques and willpower. When that doesn't work they usually blame the technique, lol, rather than the whole approach. That is why my Phasing model incorporates the action of Noticing, as opposed to any kind of technique. You subjectively know what you want to do. So you take what you offer yourself, without judgement.

So no need to bombard your hearing with all manner of funny buzzing sounds, undertake complex breathing exercises, or sit in funny positions for hours on end! But, ultimately, it's whatever turns a person on.

Shapes, outline drawings, things that come and go, etc. Yes, what you describe is very typical of the Monroe focus 12 state. This is a great sign as the next main step, so to speak, is focus 21, or the 3D blackness stage. The transition between F12 and F21 usually involves losing all physical-body sensations. This can seem rather frightening, but you have to get over that by becoming familiar with the process. So it all boils down to practice, practice and yet more practice. There's just no way around it. Best way to learn how to do all this, is by actually doing.

That's because Astral Projection is an art, not a science.

So carry on with what you are doing, it all sounds good to me, and get yourself to the 3D blackness stage. Here you are at the boundary between, in Phasing terms, Focus 2 and Focus 3 of consciousness. When the blackness is fully formed you will find you can mentally step into it. Here you can just float around as a point of consciousness, but that can be a bit disconcerting (at first) as being without "a body" can feel too strange. In which case you can create a body merely by thinking about it. If you need to, you can create a lovely thick Silver Chord too with all the trimmings!

In this state you'll need to think of something to do. You "navigate" by merely concentrating on a fixed thought, or placing the Intent as we call it. When you do this, you'll see some kind of change taking place. With me a kind of portal typically opens up in the blackness and I mentally head towards it.

As I say, you are between F2 and F3 of consciousness. F3 is known as the Transition Area. This is where people go to when they permanently disengage physical focus, or, in more conventional terms, when they die. This is where you find all the heaven/hell constructs of old, plus so much else besides. You could actually spend a whole lifetime exploring this region it's so darned interesting. You meet some thoroughly amazing characters. But stick to all the "bright colours" and avoid the large expanses of grey. You'll see what I mean when you enter this region and look at it from a distance.  

Once you get used to the place you can go anywhere, of course. But some of the hells are, well, pretty hellish. In other words, definitely not beginner's material.

But the upper branches, as I call them, of Focus 3 would be an excellent start.

Yours,
Frank

flowdiggity