A true OBE - proof for myself.

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Hello,

I've been a member of this forum for about a year now, mostly reading and trying different techniques. Well, last night I finally had what I would consider an accurate, self-induced, out of body experience.

I was lying on my floor, after attempting to AP from my bed earlier, and was calming my mind and relaxing. I've had many experiences in the past where I would feel myself floating out of my body, but each of these instances eventually became me viewing my "astral body" in the third person. This made it very difficult to believe I was not just imagining the projection. I would trail myself as I flew around what I felt to be my house, or the city, or some other similar situation, but I never truly felt I was experiencing what I was doing. I felt I was using my imagination to create my experience, seemingly tricking myself.

So, I decided last night, as I lay on the floor, to allow my body to float away, but then, attempt to focus on seeing out of my eyes. This shift in focus came much easier and quicker than I imagined it would! I simply imagined what I would see from my own eyes, not what my astral body would look like to an outsider.

The results were astounding! I found myself in a realm where I saw and identified things, before my mind could conceive them. I was actually projecting! I was free.

This being my first true projection, I was easily drawn back to my body, where I would focus on my traditional exit technique and then apply my first-person point of view rule. Again, I was out.

I would guess the experience in its entirety, before I couldn't stand the excitement any longer, lasted near an hour.

I felt as though, I was lying down, very exhausted physically, and as I allowed my body to drift, I was melting into the floor, drifting away into blackness. I have had these feelings before (before I knew about Astral Projection) when I was younger, in grade school. I would always assume this was something that I did when my body was very tired. When I was younger, I would allow my body to drift to sleep at the described instance, instead of keeping my mind active and receptive.

Well, that's all I have. This community is amazing, and I believe these forums were instrumental in my success. I have glimpsed the doorways. My future will be exploring the astral world! Thank you all,

-Icarus.  :grin:

Sage Daedalus

Congratulations, Icarus. I have heard of many people having similar experiences with the third-person perspective being an issue. Though I wouldn't call this an educated opinion, mine is that the experiences you were having in third person were still verifiable out-of-body experiences, and that the third-person manifestation is your mind's way of coping with the abnormal circumstances. Just a thought, though.

-Matt

(P.S. - Nice account name.)
If I were to give in, would you think me weak?