So do monks astral project ?! has to be the case

Previous topic - Next topic

P5ynergy

Monks "the chinese lookin ones" spend 10-12 hours of their day meditating. Surely they are astral projecting or atleast some have gone from deep meditation into a lucid state or into astral by accident.

Makes me think that on the outside..they look all deep and spritual with their meditation but actually they are all off partying in the astral world.

Because also , like most of us here in the western world got a 9-5 job + stress + everyday activities to fit AP around -  Ive managed to astral project , surely monks with their stress free lives and tons of time do it all the time.

Do they astral project and attain levels above us?

What do people think?

majour ka

Hi, sounds like you mean Buddhist monks, I've APd all my life and long before I started meditating, so I'm almost certain that any one that dedicates time to dumping body awareness and focuses on the spirit self is going to start experiencing visions, clairvoyance, clairaudiance, astral travel etc etc  :-) 

Stookie_

I can't speak for all forms of Buddhism, but for the most part AP is not encouraged. It's considered a hindrance that grabs your attention and desires, keeping you from attaining true spiritual enlightenment.

Volgerle

The Dalai Lama mentions po-wa meditation as a means to "leave the body and return to it". I guess it might be similar to what we call AP/OBE then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0n2bEnaN8

Mostly, if I understand it right, it serves them as a preparation for the "real thing" - death. It's interesting that he mentions at the end of the video the possibilty to transfer consciousness to another body - would have liked to hear more about this topic from him.

dotster

Quote from: Stookie_ on December 13, 2011, 11:42:27
I can't speak for all forms of Buddhism, but for the most part AP is not encouraged. It's considered a hindrance that grabs your attention and desires, keeping you from attaining true spiritual enlightenment.

I was going to say the same. The purpose of meditation is to clear the mind entirely, to be void of all mental contemplation. "Liberation is the nervous system devoid of mental-conceptual redundancy."

I'm sure monks are well aware of it, but as Stookie said it would be a distraction from enlightenment so practice of this would probably be minimal.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

mon9999

Quote from: majour ka on December 13, 2011, 10:03:30
any one that dedicates time to dumping body awareness and focuses on the spirit self is going to start experiencing visions, clairvoyance, clairaudiance, astral travel etc etc  :-) 

How do you do this please.. sounds interesting I wanna try  :-)

Xanth

Quote from: mon9999 on December 14, 2011, 06:40:02
How do you do this please.. sounds interesting I wanna try  :-)
majour ka said what it was: 

"dedicates time to dumping body awareness and focuses on the spirit self"

AKA: Meditation.  Learn it.  Live it.  :)

majour ka

Quote from: Ryan_ on December 14, 2011, 10:17:43
majour ka said what it was: 

"dedicates time to dumping body awareness and focuses on the spirit self"

AKA: Meditation.  Learn it.  Live it.  :)

yes, sorry thats what I meant  :-)

majour ka

Quote from: Volgerle on December 13, 2011, 12:14:06
The Dalai Lama mentions po-wa meditation as a means to "leave the body and return to it". I guess it might be similar to what we call AP/OBE then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0n2bEnaN8

Mostly, if I understand it right, it serves them as a preparation for the "real thing" - death. It's interesting that he mentions at the end of the video the possibilty to transfer consciousness to another body - would have liked to hear more about this topic from him.

The Hindu yogis too have advanced techniques for this. They also choose when they are going to leave permanently and transcend. In "Autobiography of A Yogi" there is an account of a Guru who leaves his old warn out body and regenerates the body of a young man freshly dead and floating down the
Ganges and takes that body on in order to stay here longer for his enlightenment and teaching...cool trick  :-)