Some questions regarding the "noticing" method and APing...

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuanxi

I've known about astral projection for quite some time now, and I'm able to achieve the vibrational stage effortlessly. From that point, though, I have no clue how to separate from my body. I tried moving around, but really nothing happened. Visualizing didn't do anything, either.

I've only recently stumbled upon the method of noticing the blackness in your eyes. Is the point of that method to go straight to astral projection, or does it take you to the void state so that you can AP from there? And also, what intention should I use/how would I word it? If you've gotten to the void, how long did it take for you to reach it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

omcasey

Hi Xuanxi

From the vibrational state, the critical element is FOCUS.

Even 'noticing' is too active yet, - focus - holding a still point of focus the breath will alter, the brainwave patterns will alter - focus..

Many are not yet able to hold a focus of attention, still/quiet attention, this will be the practice for a long time, learning to hold a single pointed state of attention.

When I go out, I go out to gather data. This requires that I clear my own field, that I hold a clear, empty a-ttention ( not personal in-tention ) but the choice is yours. Anything I put into the field, anything personal, does seem in my case to get in the way of what I want most, which is to make it back into physical space with the data intact. So I focus, hold an open attention, and when the data presents, when the visual field lights up and patterns, processes, places begin to present I begin to observe and record. While of course taking part in what is playing out. This has gotten me further, faster than going at it on my own with my own personal-intent. Surrendering to the larger, wider, grander Idea.. giving myself over to the ride. It has kept me within these events humble. It has kept me from making many of the mistakes that tend to slow down actual progress. If there is something I would like to do, or like to see more clearly within an experience I ask.. I ask the larger consciousness that is clearly facilitating these events for me. Who merges It's consciousness with my own and holds the whole thing open.

For me, this is what works.

Casey

Nameless

Exactly, the focus is the hardest. I have to literally focus on not allowing my eyes to roam. Eventually I will notice 'something'. For me it is usually a small dot of light so then I focus on that and only that. It leads I follow.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Phasing is a shift in consciousness from here to there without all the bells and whistles. To do this you must learn how to "mentally disassociate" from your "physical focus" here in this reality. "Noticing" is a great way to do just that. It doesn't always end up n a "void like" experience. But many times it will.
The Stickies in this Sub-forum are loaded with many great ways to enhance and further help you in the act of knowing. Some take a "pro-active" approach using creative visualization, others are based on just noticing the blackness behind your closed eyes and awaiting the show to begin!
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Xuanxi

Quote from: omcasey on March 12, 2021, 16:09:33

Even 'noticing' is too active yet, - focus - holding a still point of focus the breath will alter, the brainwave patterns will alter - focus.

Thanks for your reply! I do have another question, though: what should I be focusing/putting attention on? The vibes, the lightshow, or clearing the mind?

Xanth

Quote from: Xuanxi on March 13, 2021, 08:07:09
Thanks for your reply! I do have another question, though: what should I be focusing/putting attention on? The vibes, the lightshow, or clearing the mind?
Just pick one and use it.
If that one thing you picked doesn't work or feels difficult for you to hold, then pick something else.
It should be something you feel is easy for you to focus on.  :)

Lumaza

Have you read Xanth's free 60 page book/primer on Phasing yet? If you haven't, you should. It will answer many of your questions.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/xanths_free_60_page_book_8220my_astral_projection_truth8221-t32983.0.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

shineling

When I was first learning how to AP I had this same problem. What worked for me was Robert Monroe's technique (Journeys Out of the Body) - you roll out. Either side will work, left or right. Once you start feeling the vibrations you can just roll out of body. I still use it to this day and it's way simple to learn. Good luck!  :-)
"Unbinding the limits on our Soul is man's truest quest."

Lumaza

Quote from: shineling on March 13, 2021, 14:56:19
When I was first learning how to AP I had this same problem. What worked for me was Robert Monroe's technique (Journeys Out of the Body) - you roll out. Either side will work, left or right. Once you start feeling the vibrations you can just roll out of body. I still use it to this day and it's way simple to learn. Good luck!  :-)
The "Classic" OBE tech works great. But in the true definition of "Phasing", rolling out and even going out of the body period, is unnecessary and using counter productive. The Classic OBE technique involves a focus on what is occurring to the body. With Phasing, you are "shifting" your focus from here to there, omitting  the need for a full body exit. Confusing the two techniques will normally lead to failure.

In his later books, Robert moved onto Phasing as his technique. That made sense because Robert was coming at it through what he was familiar with and that is "frequency". His occupation aligned with his understanding of what was occurring. That's why he created his "Hemi-sync" programs and his creative visualization "walkthroughs" that many people use today.

omcasey

QuoteQuote from: omcasey on March 12, 2021, 21:09:33

Even 'noticing' is too active yet, - focus - holding a still point of focus the breath will alter, the brainwave patterns will alter - focus.

It is an intelligent next question, thank you for asking it. The focus is on HOLDING THE POINT OF FOCUS

You will experience for yourself that it takes near everything you've got just to stay focused, to not let your attention wander off.

Be present, be aware, ( breathe ) . . Being present is the same as 'holding the focus'.

Do you think you can do it?

Focus on you - on being aware <---hold the attention on this.

Everything else will come and go. It is not as stable.

Does it make sense?

GrumpyRabbit

I started off getting the full-body vibrations, but as things progressed those died down and basically went away. Now, it's usually some combination of phasing or projecting from a lucid dream. When I project from a lucid dream, I "stretch" out of my body. I sort of try stretching my arms/self up and out - very slowly, as I don't want to accidentally move my literal arms! I just intend/stretch myself gently up and out. At some point, something "feels" different, like I've been "loosed", sorta feels like floating a bit. At that point I know I'm free or "out" and I can ask to go somewhere.

For what seems more like "phasing", sometimes I try to sleep and then the 2-d images suddenly become 3-d and I'm THERE. I'm usually not even trying to do this because I'm so tired and I kinda just wanna sleep! But what everyone is saying about gentle attention that isn't "trying" go focus on anything seems right. Don't be "graspy" with your attention. Sorta practice "non-attachment" with it, just let it play out, gently noticing, and suddenly you'll find yourself in the middle of it. I think "wanting" to phase/project can make it harder. This is probably why this started happening to me so much, because I'm actually wanting to sleep, so I'm really not trying to look too close at the hypnagogic imagery. If I try it won't work; if I think, yes I would really like to fall back asleep now, then *poof* off I go.

Hope that helps =)

PS I miss vibrations! Enjoy them =)