Unbiased/obviously naive perspective on OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

Qball

Awesome. I learned a bit more by just reading about his experience.

PeacefulWarrior

Yes, I find snippets such as this one very interesting because when someone like this decides to share his or her thoughts and ideas regarding the phenomena you don't find as much "baggage".  IN other words, most people in this forum, for example, have read a great deal regarding OBE, etc. and therefore have a great deal of other people's ideas stored in their minds...and sometime these conceptions regarding the nature of existence are biased and even flawed to the point of fallacy.  Anyway, I thought this was a fun little exerpt from the life of some young man who obviously had a spontaneous OBExcursion.
-D.

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

PeacefulWarrior

Grabbed this from:
http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/7/6/1546/55

Found it refreshing and interesting- an unbiased and obviously naive perspective on spontaneous OBE:

I don't know exactly were to begain because so much has happened before and after this event.I guess I can start by telling you I'm not crazy and I know what I've seen and felt.
For many years since my childhood I've been having these weird things happening to me while I'm triing to sleep.I didn't understand it for a long time until I came across a radio program called Art Bell.I tried telling my mom and dad what was going on,but with them if it's not normal the devil has something to do with it.So I left that department alone,I didn't want them to keep saying I was crazy or it was just a dream.But I tell you this,noway a dream could be this real because I felt the sound of wind and the bouncing on to the bed was also real.Here's my story.
Back in 1998 I went to bed about 11:00 p.m.nothing out of the ordinary,when it began.I told myself that I'm going to teach myself how to controll the motion in flight when I do have an O.B.E. It's hard to do if you don't practice.So this time as I was going into this state of fright,the tingling feeling came then the the stage of stiffness were you can't move.I pass this stage and slowly but surely I started my journey.I slowly lifted my soul (I guess that what you could it)out of my body and started going upwards.I told myself that I'm scared of going to the of the edge of space to see how far you could go and make back to your body.I tell you I was all over the place,up,down,sideways,crashing threw buildings you can't feel.It's kind of fun but when your triing to do something pacific it just don't happen the way you want it to.So after my stunt course I put my attention on the outter edge of space.I tell you this, the speed of sound don't have anything on the speed you can travel in O.B.E. MODE.So after getting there I had to put on the brakes because I didn't know if I was to far from my body.After stopping I looked into space and it is so bueatiful,so many stars.I turn around to take a look at our wounderful planet and I can you I can understand what the men in the spaceshuttle be feeling when they look upon the earth from that distance.I felt real good at this point,so I told myself if I'm going to venture out into space now is better then later.I focus in on one star.Focusing all of my attention on that on star.
I kept on telling myself I don't need to worry because I could just shake a part of my body and I'll wake...I hope. Slowly I began to proceed toward this star.In our time they say the closest star is millions of light years away...well I got news for them,not in O.B.E. MODE.just minutes (it seems) away.As I was traveling threw space it was so dark and lonely,but i wasn't affraid.I triied not looking back at the earth because I just didn't want to feel scared,leaving my body like this.I began to get closer to this star and my travel time was pretty short.If I could put a time on how long it took me to get there , I would probally say about 3 minutes.
Now getting closer and closer and now I'm on the outter limits of this planet.You probally think I'm crazy at this point.But I tell you when I got to the surface where the hills,what I've seen.................................................................I will stop my story because my wife is telling me "are you still talking about that stupid dream"noe you know why I don't tell people about this.So I will show her that it people that have and do want to hear my story.So please send me a E-mail stating that you want to hear the rest of the story....please so I could her once and for all ....IT'S TRUE...COREYSHANE@MSN.COM

THANKS....

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------