Something Very Disturbing

Previous topic - Next topic

tr0798

I've never achieved OBE yet, but last night I finally felt vibrations and a spinning sensation. The spinning became very intense and I knew what was about to happen, so I didn't resist it. After about what seemed like about 10 seconds, there was a sound like someone screaming. It was the most horrible and disturbing screaming I can possibly imagine. I decided to persist through the vibrations and spinning so that I could OBE, but after a minute or so, the screaming became too intense for me to handle, so I stopped. I've read about hissing, popping, and other weird sound while in vibrations, but has anyone ever experienced screaming like this???

CFTraveler

Yep.  And voices.  And mechanical screeching.  And hurricane sounds.  And sounds like a chainsaw or lawnmower.  And walkie-talkie sounding voices too.

Stookie

The first time tends to scare the bejeezus out of you. I remember trying to sit up and stop vibes the first couple of times because it just didn't feel "right". But I eventually went from scared to curious. Then it gets fun.

Psan

Yes, its absolutely normal ... LoL

Sometimes the noises are made up by our own mind, sometimes they are real.
But nothing to be worried about, you just need to ignore them.

Starvingpercussionist

I concur. If you hear a physical noise, it'd wake you up instantly, and there'd be no mistaking it. If you hear an astral noise, ignore it - whatever it might be.
THE ANSWER PARADOX
The answer to all paradoxes shows this: "Reality contains logic therefore logic cannot contain reality."
The paradox here is "how can one know this is true?".

If the answer to one paradox is another then the question is the answer.

catmeow

Yes it's quite normal to hear all sorts of noises, especially when first learning.  It's almost as if something mischievous is trying to stop you from projecting, or as if this is a kind of "test" we have to go through.  I often hear noises in my house as if someone were trying to break in or has gotten into the house.  The noises are extremely real, indistinguishable from real physical noises in fact, and I just have to tell myself "I've heard this so many times I KNOW there is no one in the house!" and ignore it.  Once you "get out" the noises go away, and as you get more proficient they go away or simply become more subtle.  Don't worry, as far as I am aware this one of the most common aspects of OBE.  Just ignore them!  If anything you should be encouraged - it's a good sign!  Nothing to be worried about.  You won't be harmed!
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

iamhere2learn

I have also heard that your senses are heightened within an OBE and so sounds can be louder than they actually are. I have heard my wife in another room while trying OBEs as if she was right beside me.

T.L.

"I concur. If you hear a physical noise, it'd wake you up instantly"

I dont know about that everytime I attempt and have an obe my television is on. When I do attempt in a quiet setting and a physical sound occurs I feel the sound physically. It feels like waves crashing over the body, very weird but doesn't necessarily halt progress in getting out. Im sure it can become a mental block though or snap some people out of it. Well Im going to make my daily attempt, good luck to everyone.

nickspry

It's very common to hear disturbing sounds as you separate from your body. Screams, laughing, and loud crashes or popping sounds are all perfectly normal. You did the right thing in ignoring it, it passes very quickly. Just remember to do a reality check when it's over or you may mistakenly think you are still awake. Pinch your nose shut, and if you are still able to breathe you have separated and can just roll out of your body. It's a good idea to always do this check even if you are convinced you are awake, as it confirms you are out of body (sometimes the feeling of being awake can be very convincing, even when you have separated, and you may miss your chance).

Cheers