Committing suicide

Previous topic - Next topic

RigVeda

Is it possible to commit suicide while astrally projecting? I heard when we die its like the silver cord is cut, so is it possible to cut the cord while you are still living and kill yourself like that?

Zante

Not everyone sees the "silver cord", it might not even exist the way you think about it. Some people would also have you scared to death at the idea.

So your question is,

"can we consciously commit suicide while out of body".

It's a fascinating idea to say the least and I don't want to treat it as taboo either. Going from my experiences I'd say no. I've suffered from tremendous bouts of depression in my time and while OOB I've actually wished to be "taken away forever" but it's never what it seems. I certainly get an interesting experience but I don't believe that our subconscious fully understands the concept of death, insofar as being able to relate it to our physical body at least. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert with the mechanics involved but the moment I start trying to focus on my physical body the projection ends. Maybe it's my concentration failing, I don't really know. Perhaps our guides have specific instructions to follow regarding these situations, who knows?

Anyway, the idea of death involves having/losing a physical body. I tend to believe this is then followed by some sort of transition into a new zone/awareness. Perhaps the transition is a two way process. Perhaps there has to be something on the "other side" working in synchronization with the events on "this side" just to ensure everything is in harmony (the idea of the higher self). Who knows?

Perhaps there are certain circumstances in which it is possible?

I wonder what other peoples experiences are?

Has anyone here died while projecting yet?  :lol:

Cosmic_Ambitions

I've actually heard of Monks in the Himalayan Mountains whom were found to be deceased whilst in the meditation pose. Makes one wonder if they had seperated permanently from their physical bodies during one of their spiritual outings.

I'm sure that if it is possible it would take many years of meditation/obes/projections/etc.

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

kiwibonga

From what I've heard, it is indeed possible to stay out and let the physical body die. It is a voluntary process that takes tremendous development and determination.

Death is pretty tough to study though... Considering you only get to do it once :P
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Eloquence

Quote from: kiwibonga on October 24, 2006, 23:15:26
From what I've heard, it is indeed possible to stay out and let the physical body die. It is a voluntary process that takes tremendous development and determination.

Death is pretty tough to study though... Considering you only get to do it once :P

Unless you get revived  :wink: ...er... if that's possible after doing that.

Quote from: Cosmic_Ambitions on October 24, 2006, 22:02:34
I've actually heard of Monks in the Himalayan Mountains whom were found to be deceased whilst in the meditation pose. Makes one wonder if they had seperated permanently from their physical bodies during one of their spiritual outings.

I'm sure that if it is possible it would take many years of meditation/obes/projections/etc.

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

That's really quite fascinating, you wouldn't happen to have a link to a news story or something handy would you?

As for my own opinion on weather this is possible or not, from what I've heard I would say it is. I hope your not planning anything sinister RigVeda.
When there's no more room in the oven, the bread will walk the earth.

FallenUnderDreams

Quote from: kiwibonga on October 24, 2006, 23:15:26

I've heard of this too, and also I have no documentaion to back it up, but what I understood when hearing this was that if you are underdeveloped in returns that you cannot "convince" your astral self to return because it has no desire to return.  My uneducated theory would be you would have to convince everything in your body that there is NOTHING and I mean nothing to live for...not even the beauty of a sunrise or sunset, the taste of a strawberry or the smell of fresh cut soybeans.  Basically kill your will to live and then your astral body will have no desire to come back. ** This is all just theory no facts to support it, just an opinion, No offense to anyone in anyway.**

Leo Volont

Perhaps old people, who have "died in their sleep", had been able to figure out this 'trick' that your propose.  But there is simply not the occurance of any young healthy people dying in their sleep.  Anything that can be done on purpose must occassionally be done by accident, and we have had no such 'accidents'.

Besides, what I've  heard is that any disturbance to the Body or to the 'chord' simply snaps the Astral Body back into the physical.

Also, lets lay to rest the Old Wives Tail about how if one dies in a dream then one will stay dead.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  If one dies in a dream, and can keep from being all freaked out and stay in the dream and not wake up, then one finds that in only about 20 seconds one will come back to life.  The lesson here is that one cannot die in a dream, or, to be more precise, one does not stay dead.

This truth translates over to the Astral Body as well.  Astral Bodies don't die.  And Healthy Physical Bodies do not die either. 

kiwibonga

Didn't Monroe do it after his wife died? He was 80 after all, but,

"Two nights after her departure, I thought I had cooled down enough to attempt to visit her. Which I did. [...] It was a great effort to return, and it took days to recover. [...]
I now have a new challenge, a massive adjustment to make. One I hadn't considered. A very new direction. Can I live in two worlds at the same time? With Nancy in 27, and Here with our lonely fur family -- seven cats and two dogs -- in a lonely house?
I don't know." - Robert Monroe, Ultimate Journey (1994)

Sound like a suicide note to anyone else? :O
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

AndrewTheSinger

Don't want to sound like I know everything but I'd say yes, it is very possible not to come back to physical life, and it seems to be a personal decision, just like a NDE (near-death experience).

You will realize you have the choice to come back or go, but it's not as simple as to choose what socks to put on. There is an awareness of the amplitude of your decision, suddenly it's not about you anymore, but everyone that cares for you and the things to which you were committed.

Some people might think that it's very easy and peaceful to just die like that, it's not. It's like any other kind of death, it's probably even harder because you are totally aware of the whole process. To watch your body die is not one of the most pleasurable experiences.

There is a dreadful community that I sometimes check out, I've seen more than a couple of cases of young healthy people dying in their sleep, mostly girls. It's really not so uncommon.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Leo Volont

Quote from: kiwibonga on October 28, 2006, 13:06:42
Didn't Monroe do it after his wife died? He was 80 after all, but,

"Two nights after her departure, I thought I had cooled down enough to attempt to visit her. Which I did. [...] It was a great effort to return, and it took days to recover. [...]
I now have a new challenge, a massive adjustment to make. One I hadn't considered. A very new direction. Can I live in two worlds at the same time? With Nancy in 27, and Here with our lonely fur family -- seven cats and two dogs -- in a lonely house?
I don't know." - Robert Monroe, Ultimate Journey (1994)

Sound like a suicide note to anyone else? :O

Yes, he was 80 years old and had lost his wife and a few pet cats.

I'm just over 60 and find it difficult to extract myself from a constant morose preoccupation with the inevitability of my mortality.

You young people might find it difficult to comprehend but one does NOT need to kill one's self in order to die.  It happens quite automatically. 

There is nobody alive today who was alive a hundred and fifty years ago, and darn few of them had to commit suicide to make this so (though the Secular Materialist Wars of the 20th Century accounted for quite a few). 

Nay

You are not over 60..are you kidding?  :-o  wait....David?

Leo Volont

Quote from: TalaNay on October 28, 2006, 20:19:54
You are not over 60..are you kidding?  :-o  wait....David?

Who is David?

Well, obviously somebody who is younger than myself.

Nay

You just don't come across as a person of your age.  And David was....well, someone, that seemed to get offended at the same topics you do.   My mind just naturally went towards the similarities.  You'll have to forgive me... I tend to say whatever pops into my head, I mean no offense. :)

Leo Volont

Quote from: TalaNay on October 28, 2006, 21:39:01
You just don't come across as a person of your age.  And David was....well, someone, that seemed to get offended at the same topics you do.   My mind just naturally went towards the similarities.  You'll have to forgive me... I tend to say whatever pops into my head, I mean no offense. :)

Well, I would certainly like to meet this 'David'.  It is reassuring that I might have some sympatico with somebody.

Oh, and as a Cat Fancier I love that little avatar of yours... the little red tabby kitten that sees itself as a lion.

My most recent acquisition is this young female black cat, and I can't help but to see her as a scale model of a Panther.

Nay

I think I owe David a HUGE apology.