Strange OOBEs, advice needed

Previous topic - Next topic

keyangen

Hi everyone,

this is my first post on this forum, though I've been browsing it for quite a while.

I've been trying to OOBE for several years now probably and have had a few successes, but a few experiences that I've had lately are puzzling me a lot.

A few weeks ago, I was having a dream which suddenly became lucid. I realised I was sleeping and thought that this was a good opportunity to project, because I actually felt that I'm halfway OOB already. So I just jumped from the bed onto the floor and opened my eyes. It was obvious that I wasn't in my physical body, but I could feel the hard floor. The most peculiar thing was that my vision was obstructed by the blanket that was covering my physical body. I just thought that I must have taken the blanket with me when I jumped out and tried to shake it off. At that point I somehow just didn't realise that I couldn't have taken a physical object with me. I could walk and feel the floor, but my vision remained the same - mostly obstructed by the blanket and a top corner of my room visible above it. I got back into the body and only then it dawned upon me - it seems I was OOB, but I was actually looking through my physical eyes, which had probably opened at some point.

This has happened several times already after that - I'm out of body, but my view remains the same as if I was just lying in my bed with my eyes open. This is very weird and I feel I'm missing out on some very good OOBEs, as I seem to have lots of control and I remember what was going on.

Today it happened again. I tried forcing my vision to switch to the astral one and shouted mentally "restore vision" or something like that, but I only managed to get a mixed view from my physical eyes and astral sight after a lot of effort which vanished quickly.

These OOBEs seem to happen right after lucid dreams, when I suddenly feel the urge to jump out of my body. I don't remember the dreams, but I remember the OOBEs. Also, what seems to stimulate these experiences in the first place is a change of environment. The first one happened right after I moved into my college room from home. Several others happened when I moved my bed around. I have quite an empty room, so I placed my bed in a totally random diagonal position in the middle of my room and this caused an OOBE the next morning.

Could anyone comment on these "open eyed" OOBEs? I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

J

AndrewTheSinger

You're doing a great progress, the vision problem is the most common thing and happens to virtually everyone that goes Obe for the first times, it would actually be very surprising if you could see perfectly.

There are 2 things I think you could try:

1 - Make a very intense exit procedure. Walking away from your body is a very subtle method, it will grant you vision as you walk around, touch the objects, and never on the exit itself. Now If you put more concentration to the act of leaving the body, building up enough momentum by setting your astral body in motion within the physical so that at a certain point you simply sway away from it, it's likely that your vision will be better.

2 -  Put an open book on a table about 10 feet away from your bed, and make an effort to go there and read the words when you're outside.

The first thing to do when you're there is to stabilize, this is to make sure that all your senses will operate correctly, so clap your hands to stimulate the touch and hearing, dance, jump and have fun.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

keyangen

Thanks for your advice. I'll try walking away from my body, although I'm limited by my room, so I'll have to go through the door or the wall. Each time I've tried going through an object before, I just lost it and ended up back in my body, but I'll try anyway.

Do you think it's actually possible to be OOB while your physical eyes are open, or am I just getting some double astral vision or something like that?

AndrewTheSinger

I suggest you try swaying out instead of walking. Interact with the environment too, open the door, window, turn on the radio...

Not sure if other people can have Obes with eyes open, I can't, find myself stuck. That vision you describe sounds like the real-time zone, the dimension between the physical and the astral.

keyangen

Nice, I had another one today.

Yesterday I had turned my bed 180 degrees to what it was before and in the morning I had an OOBE. I needed to go to the bathroom, but ignored it, so I had a false awakening seeing myself going there, but when I came in, the bathroom was totally empty, just walls. I immediately realised it's a dream, became lucid and at the next moment was literally sucked out of my body into that same imaginary empty bathroom. This time it felt as if I was drunk or something, had problems staying upright, but gained control after a few seconds. My body was really deformed, my right arm was way bigger than my left and was unnaturally bent, but that didn't worry me as I knew it's probably just a question of my perspective. I'm glad that I had reasonably good astral vision for a while, though then it became mixed with my physical vision again and while I was trying to get it back, I woke up back in my body. The interesting thing is, I woke up with my eyes already open and the view basically matched what I was seeing in the OOBE when my vision became mixed. I suppose I really do open my physical eyes at some point, but despite that manage to stay OOB for a while.

I must say, this bed turning technique works really well for me. I have never had such a succession of OOBEs before, until I started using this method. My neighbour from below probably thinks I'm a lunatic, moving furniture around every day around midnight :-D. But nevertheless, I'll keep on doing it, because it gives results. Today for instance, I had a wall on my left and empty space on my right, which is opposite to what it used to be. As I start to wake up in the morning, my body probably gets really confused and I end up in all those lucid dreams, false awakenings and hypnogogia which all often lead to OOBEs. This method has a small downside in that I once dodged something in a dream and hit my head on the wall pretty hard, because I didn't expect the wall to be there :-D. Still I would recommend anyone struggling to get OOB to try changing the way, place and/or position they sleep in. I still have to work a lot on control to get any reasonably interesting experiences, but at least now I can get out on quite a regular basis.

Andrew, I really appreciate your advice. I will try to interact with environment next time, if I remember to do it and have more control. What do you mean by swaying instead of walking? Like a dancing or a flying motion?

AndrewTheSinger

Once you're out you can move around as you please, but I said swaying as an exit technique, there are others like spinning or rolling out.

Yup, for some reason you're opening your eyes in the middle of the experience, a more intense exit procedure will also help with this I suppose.

keyangen

Yes, I will try swaying as an exit technique if I get a chance. The thing is, most of my exits so far seem to take place without any effort on my side whatsoever. I'm just having a dream, become lucid and get torn out of my body. The few times that I have exited consciously, just by climbing out, have always resulted in very bad control, for instance, I couldn't stand or move properly and managed to move slowly only by clinging to the wall. But I will try swaying should I become conscious while still in the body.

Thank you for your responses and advice, Andrew.

AndrewTheSinger

Sure, you're welcome keyangen, let us know how your experiences are going.

Today I had a strange exit, I sort of ran away from my body. It happened spontaneously as I was in trance and waiting for the right time to leave, suddenly I noticed myself standing up and running from the bed and towards the door.

At first I was confused as to what was going on, but then I noticed I had just exited, so I went outside and tried performing some acrobatic cartwheels, too bad I couldn't land on my feet  :|

keyangen

Yesterday I had another interesting experience.

It was morning and I was about to get up. I reached for my phone, which was lying on the bed next to me, to check the time. As I did that I noticed I can't see my hand. I was like, "damn, this is not my real hand, have to try again". I reached again and the same thing happened. After about the fifth time trying to get my phone, when I was already getting ticked off at the situation, I suddenly realised that I'm actually wasting a great OOBE opportunity. I simply climbed out of my body and stood next to my bed. I'm happy that this time I had proper vision for quite a while, although almost no control. After a few very diffiult steps across my room I returned to the body. I tried the swinging technique suggested by Andrew for exiting, but it felt really pointless at that point to swing myself out of the body when I knew I could just stand up and be OOB. Then I became too awake physically and lost it.

I find that having a watch or a phone next to oneself (within reachable distance) really increases chances for OOBE. Just a few days ago I was in a similar situation, where I reached for my watch to check the time. I could feel my hand hanging off the side of the bed and holding the watch, while I knew very well that there was no way I could have reached my watch from that position without a few additional joints on my arm, so it was actually my astral hand holding some astral watch while my physical hand was peacefully resting on my stomach. For some reason I didn't try to project though.