Struggling getting out

Previous topic - Next topic

moondial

Hi  :-)

After the experience last night when I got stuck & ended up shouting through the corner of my paralysed mouth for my wife to wake me up.... I really want to finally find an exit technique which works for me, I'd be very grateful if anyone who exits regularly could help me with this.

About 6 or 7  years ago I had my first (I thought) OBE, when I woke up with a vibrating head, and then found myself floating just under the ceiling, did a few loop de loops, and then got paralysed for a bit before managing to wake up. The next day, when I searched the web, I found this forum, and realised what it was that had happened. I then also remembered lots of astral experiences as a kid, that as a kid I just thought were normal.

For a while I could induce the vibrations, and I had a few weird experiences, hearing voices, electrical kind of sounds, all that stuff.

After a while this developed to the point that I don't get the vibrations now, I just find that I can move without moving my physical body - usually the easiest way to do this, I find, is spinning, and I can quite often get myself spinning.

but it's getting away that I really struggle with, I can get out, ie just outside of my body enough to spin, but that's as far as I get, if I ever try to exit properly, I end up slipping into dreams, or sleep paralysis & then eventually waking up

any pointers?

Thanks

Kev
http://www.webmasterwebsitedesign.com

Search Engine Friendly Website Design

Steel Hawk

That's a sticky question. I think it's normal for long term projectors to lose the feeling of vibrations before projecting. The spinning thing... do you have astral sight when you're spinning? Or is it just a feeling of spinning?

You can still be attached to your body and have that sensation without really being out. If you're truly out of your body then you don't need an exit technique because you've already exited. So I'm assuming that you're not really detached?

Hmmm...

It's hard to say what to tell you to do. I'd stop the spinning that you normally do. Mainly that's good for loosening the astral body's connection to the physical -- which is probably why you don't get vibrations anymore.

So stop spinning and just get to the mental state where you could do the spinning if you wanted to.

It also seems possible that you might be lacking spiritual energy. Not that you don't possess it, but that it's not being harnessed.

If your mind is constantly active spinning you around I don't see how you could get passed that point. If you would post more details on the stages you go through, any sensations, etc. that you normally get. I need more details.

moondial

Quote from: Steel Hawk on July 27, 2009, 20:31:13
That's a sticky question. I think it's normal for long term projectors to lose the feeling of vibrations before projecting. The spinning thing... do you have astral sight when you're spinning? Or is it just a feeling of spinning?

You can still be attached to your body and have that sensation without really being out. If you're truly out of your body then you don't need an exit technique because you've already exited. So I'm assuming that you're not really detached?

Hmmm...

It's hard to say what to tell you to do. I'd stop the spinning that you normally do. Mainly that's good for loosening the astral body's connection to the physical -- which is probably why you don't get vibrations anymore.

So stop spinning and just get to the mental state where you could do the spinning if you wanted to.

It also seems possible that you might be lacking spiritual energy. Not that you don't possess it, but that it's not being harnessed.

If your mind is constantly active spinning you around I don't see how you could get passed that point. If you would post more details on the stages you go through, any sensations, etc. that you normally get. I need more details.

Hi  :-)

Thanks for the great reply!

Most of the time I don't have astral sight when spinning, & I do usually very much have the feeling of being stuck to my body when I try to exit after spinning, sometimes my arms are out & I'm moving them without my physical arms moving, and it's like trying to sit up but I've got elastic pulling me back down to prone position, really fustrating! Often at this stage I end up in SP, or sometimes slipping into dream state.

So yeah, I'd say I'm not detached, mind awake & body asleep - but still attached.

Hmm, how do I get more spiritual energy? I'm attuned as a Reiki healer so I think of myself as having a lot of spiritual energy, but I've not been doing much Reiki recently so maybe that's why?  I'm not doing much physical excercise at the moment, I'm a bit out of shape, not sure if that coud be a cause?

OK, the stages I usually go through is that I lie down, pass out (usually not long after head hits the pillow) and then I'll automatically become conscious, mind awake body asleep. I never do it through meditation. I managed to get the vibes a few times via meditation, and some other weird sensations, but most of the time now I just tell myself before I go to bed, that I want an OBE, and then I'll wake up at some point after going to bed - mind awake body asleep.

I'll usually then feel that I'm floating very close to my body, and I'll try to move arms & legs but they're stuck, so I'll spin. Usually after spinning for a while, I'll be looser, and I can start to try to sit, but I'm pulled back down, at this point I will really start to force it usally, and this is when I usually get end up trying to move physically, and I end up in SP - at which point I often shout (and I can hear myself but noone else can) and then eventually I'll either manage to wake my body up, or I'll drift in a weird sleep / obe / SP state, where I'll sometimes then start to dream that I'm asleep somewhere else having an OBE - very odd.

Sometimes I'll try to talk to my wife, she'll start to have a conversation with me, I'll then realise that I have not woken my body up so how the heck is she talking to me, I'll wonder who was actually talking to me, freak out, panic, and then really struggle with SP trying to move.

The other night I got into that state really bad, and managed to un paralyse my mouth & vocal chords just enough to get barley audible words out to my wife, to shout her name & ask her to wake me up - which she then did - very worried thinking I was having a stroke or something!!

I remember when I was a kid I'd jget out so easy that I didn't realise I was, I'd put my hand through something, and realise I'd forgot my body, and then go & wake up so I could go & do what it was I wanted to do (get a drink, go to the toilet, whatever) but as a kid I didn't realise there was anything weird about that!! What a pity it's not so easy now! ;-)

Cheers :-)

Kev

moondial

Happened again last night....

Went to sleep - woke up body asleep, spun, got stuck, tried the exit method of holding onto imaginary rope attached to an imaginary speedboat, to waterski me out - ended up drifting into a semi dream instead & then dreaming that I was asleep & OBE'ing, very weird - done that a few times, IE I'm awake but within a semi-lucid dream.

Just need something to get me out without me drifting into dream / lucid dream state, or getting stuck in SP.I bought the Vehram technique book the other day, very interesting, I've not managed to remember what I read in that at the right point yet though, I'll try again tonight.

Steel Hawk

Quote from: moondial on August 03, 2009, 17:53:19
Went to sleep - woke up body asleep, spun, got stuck, tried the exit method of holding onto imaginary rope attached to an imaginary speedboat, to waterski me out - ended up drifting into a semi dream instead & then dreaming that I was asleep & OBE'ing, very weird - done that a few times, IE I'm awake but within a semi-lucid dream.

Rope thing never worked for me. Hrmph. I read your previous post as well... So I get the problem...

Ugh. You probably need to induce vibrations in order to completely separate -- even while you're semi-detached to your body.

Try doing nothing but paying attention to things, anything you hear, see, or feel. Then try to go into a deeper trance, keep your mind quite. Start feeling all the energy around you, imagine it radiating off you in this glorious aura of white flames. Focus.

Focus. Focus. Feel massive amounts of energy flowing through your body, from the bottom of your spine up, up, up through your mind, hitting the top of your skull.

Raise it, raise more energy to the point where it cannot be stopped or controlled and with all you have explode the flames until you can see nothing but white light. Vibrate your entire soul with one focus to pop. Ask for help from any higher beings, (childhood religious figures help -- if you have a childhood religion pick that avatar to ask for help).

Try that... heck, I don't know worked for me a few times but what do I know really. After you pop a few times it should get easier and easier... But if you're at the point where you tried everything you just have to either blow it out or just let go and relax and do nothing.

Take the above with a grain of salt though.

EscapeVelocity

It's tricky stuff and we are all somewhat different as to what our personal triggers are; I still get stuck and frustrated now and then. Sometimes my best move is just to relax and give up...then when I don't expect anything, it just happens naturally.Go figure...

You also might try an affirmation, beforehand. Something positive like, "I project easily and consciously." or "I will go out of body tonight" or "I give myself permission to project". Try repeating the affirmation when the vibrations hit or the timing seems right, but don't push it too much; if it's not happening then just let go and trust to your subconscious.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

radman32

sweet, i've kinda been in his place too, where i've gotten kinda frustrated, so i guess i'll just surge or fade into a shadow and return  :wink:

Xanth

From my experiences... being stuck usually means you haven't relaxed enough.
There's still some bit of tension somewhere.

moondial

Quote from: Steel Hawk on August 03, 2009, 19:44:10
Rope thing never worked for me. Hrmph. I read your previous post as well... So I get the problem...

Ugh. You probably need to induce vibrations in order to completely separate -- even while you're semi-detached to your body.

Try doing nothing but paying attention to things, anything you hear, see, or feel. Then try to go into a deeper trance, keep your mind quite. Start feeling all the energy around you, imagine it radiating off you in this glorious aura of white flames. Focus.

Focus. Focus. Feel massive amounts of energy flowing through your body, from the bottom of your spine up, up, up through your mind, hitting the top of your skull.

Raise it, raise more energy to the point where it cannot be stopped or controlled and with all you have explode the flames until you can see nothing but white light. Vibrate your entire soul with one focus to pop. Ask for help from any higher beings, (childhood religious figures help -- if you have a childhood religion pick that avatar to ask for help).

Try that... heck, I don't know worked for me a few times but what do I know really. After you pop a few times it should get easier and easier... But if you're at the point where you tried everything you just have to either blow it out or just let go and relax and do nothing.

Take the above with a grain of salt though.

Great help again, thanks :-)

I'll try that, I do think you're right, need to raise the energy - that's the kind of feeling I get when I'm stuck, but I have never actually tried to do anything like that, so I'll give that a good shot. Never thought to ask for help either, that's a really good call. Just a case of remembering all this at the time  :wink: I guess it's all about practising, testing & learning.

I read something yesterday about paying more attention, that's definately something I need to do, usually I'm just so in awe of what's going on - and then so annoyed & fustrated, that I don't give myself any time to actually pay attention to anything :wink:

Thanks  a lot, I'll hopefully have the opportunity to try this out tonight :-)

Kev

moondial

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on August 03, 2009, 23:43:44
It's tricky stuff and we are all somewhat different as to what our personal triggers are; I still get stuck and frustrated now and then. Sometimes my best move is just to relax and give up...then when I don't expect anything, it just happens naturally.Go figure...

You also might try an affirmation, beforehand. Something positive like, "I project easily and consciously." or "I will go out of body tonight" or "I give myself permission to project". Try repeating the affirmation when the vibrations hit or the timing seems right, but don't push it too much; if it's not happening then just let go and trust to your subconscious.

EV

Hi EV  :-)

Thanks, I'll try the affirmations. I've tried them before going to bed in the past but I've never tried them as I'm trying to get out, so I'll give that a whirl too.

I'll try letting go too, I want to try that next time I get stuck in SP, as struggling just seems to make it worse.

Thanks  :-)

Kev

moondial

Quote from: Xanth on August 04, 2009, 11:31:55
From my experiences... being stuck usually means you haven't relaxed enough.
There's still some bit of tension somewhere.

Hmm maybe, although I pretty much always project (or at least nearly) a couple of hours or more into sleeping, so I would have thought I'd be really relaxed at this point?

Kev

moondial

Quote from: radman32 on August 04, 2009, 00:01:27
sweet, i've kinda been in his place too, where i've gotten kinda frustrated, so i guess i'll just surge or fade into a shadow and return  :wink:
Yeah it's fustrating, I've just not given it enough practice, some of you guys have probably put a lot more time & effort into being able to get out & travel more effectively, so you deserver the rewards - I'll get there if I keep practising & learning from helpful people like you

Thanks  :-)

Kev