Swearing - *&%#$

Previous topic - Next topic

David Warner

Ap Friends,

Just thought about this and wondered if during the OBE and exploring the astral that you've come across a circumstance, situation or time that you swore. Anything of interest like lightning striking you down, being pulled back, dark entity or nothing happening?

Tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

greatoutdoors

You raise an interesting point. I have a problem in the physical with tending toward "potty mouth." In my opinion that habit just shows a person's ignorance -- therefore I am trying to kick it, but habits die hard!  :roll:

However, I can't recall a single instance in my dream/nonphysical experience where I even thought of cussing. I have been scared and I have been mad, but so far as I know, never swear. When I think about it, that is strange!

Ummm, this sounds like you may had one of those dreams recently...? (grin!) So was it fear or anger? My cussing career started with a horse standing on my foot with great enjoyment. Horses are marvelous animals but they could make a saint cuss!  :wink:

By the way, I have a cousin who wouldn't say crap if she was standing in it. Welll, one night we were fishing and I spotted a rather large snake on the edge of the dock. I called her over and pointed it out. Hoo, boy, what a reaction -- set her non-cussing record back a few years!  :smile:

MisterJingo

I'll admit I swore in the past, and still occasionally do, but I cannot recall a single incident of swearing during an OBE or LD. This hadn't occured to me until your post :).

kiwibonga

I swore at an entity who was holding me down during sleep paralysis (most likely mind-created in response to the paralysis)... It made him laugh, then he put his mouth really close to my ear and said "F*** you" in a playful tone...

I think curses just don't carry over to telepathic communication -- in my experience, situations that would require strong words usually generate "shock waves" of emotion, kind of like a big bubble expanding from the center of your body and hitting everything nearby...

This is how I perceive it, anyway...
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

upstream

Haha, you have already made a truly hilarious series of topics here, TVOS, and are apparently still on running. After farting had already been exploited I wonder what comes next, maybe "flying backwards with closed eyes while defecating and tinkling in the astral?"

AndrewTheSinger

LoL upstream!!!!!!

I have swore when I was scared or very disturbed about silly things, but I don't use to do that. It sometimes feels like I have no good reason to be swearing and I'm just way over the top. Mostly it happens when I'm fearful.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

kiwibonga

Quote from: upstreamI wonder what comes next, maybe "flying backwards with closed eyes while defecating and tinkling in the astral?"

I've done that, it was exhilarating.
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

jub jub

Can't say that I have. Now maybe if I run across idiot drivers in the astral then yes, I'll cus at them.  :tantrum:
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Selski

Quote from: MisterJingoI'll admit I swore in the past, and still occasionally do, but I cannot recall a single incident of swearing during an OBE or LD. This hadn't occured to me until your post :).

Ditto.
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Dragonhawk

amazing  :shock:  until you asked the question i  hadn't realized that I cant recall ever using colorful expletives when lucid dreaming or even in regular dreams for that matter.  Next time I have an LD I think I will try a choice expletive or two just to see what happens.  If anyone else manages to do it first I hope they will post what happened for all of us. :wink:
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

knightlight

Only time I have ever swore in the astral is during sleep paralysis.  I constantly swear during sleep paralysis.... just one long stream.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

Kodemaster

I've never sworn in the astral.

I imagine the effects depend on how you the words make you feel. If they make you angry, then you may attract negs/annoying spirits or travel to an unpleasant place. If they have no effect on the way you feel, then nothing will probably happen.

In the astral, emotion leads to direct action. Happy feelings bring you to happy places/bring pleasant entities to you; negative emotions do the opposite.

HTH,

Jeni
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Token

That's an interesting question and I cannot recall ever swearing on the astral.  How bizarre!!!!  I'm constantly tossing out explicatives under my breath in waking life, usually in response to doing stupid things like stubbing my toe or having too much work to do or whatever but never once on the astral.

Well, now I have a goal for my next trip out.  Swear on the Astral!!!! :lol:

If I were to guess why this is I would say that most of the time I swear just to let off steam when frustrated or if I'm overworked and exhausted.  Neither of these emotions seem to apply on the astral so I guess there's never been a reason to use them.  Don't swear much in anger, don't get angry much.
Ken ("The Original Ken" from alt.out-of-body)

David Warner

I know that at times if I am in the astral and someone is coming after me with a knife pushing it right into my shoulder blade I might say "Ohh S*&^T" but that would be out of natural reaction of being scarred and surprised at the same time.

In my first OBE when I tried putting on my shoes which my hands kept passing through, I thought to myself "S&^%T, it must not be my day, what the h#$l ?".

In another experienced now that I remember and I feel embarrassed and ashamed. I told this little girl that I @*(&*(^%d  her sister.

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

greytraveler

I cannot consciously recall swearing during any of my OBEs. However, during those few OBEs where I have had confrontations or violent encounters with hostile discarnates my thoughts have been very dark, even sinister and certainly more than obscene. :evil:  :shock:  :cool:

EnderZ

hahahah tvos wtf?   lmao

CFTraveler

Quote from: the voice of silence
In another experienced now that I remember and I feel embarrassed and ashamed. I told this little girl that I @*(&*(^%d  her sister.

Tvos
Tvos!  That was YOU?  :shock:
No, just kidding.  :razz:

David Warner

yeah... when I was going over my journal notes and doing the editing I came across that specific piece. not a easy few sentences to change around. basically, it went from what I posted to  "your sister and I care for each other very deeply and feel we've a beautiful loving caring relationship".  - there were other sections too i struggled with changing, but for public to view and the content it was better off to changing those experiences to "romantic encounter".

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us