Talking to people about this stuff?

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyOfOne1911

I have kinda learned that alot of people think this is bogus, and until they experienced such a thing for themselves, it's hard to find someone to talk to about it in person. I keep finding myself wanting to share this sort of stuff with my friends but a part of me always says no. I wish I had someone to talk to about this in person who can share similar stuff... Have any of you ran into this kind of problem? I am super glad I found this site. I just wish I could talk about it more in person with some people who are really close to me. I just have a hard time wanting to. I guess it's not a bad thing though... I just feel bad because I showed my mom some EVPS I got and I think I scared her. This was a while back... I felt terrible. I find it all fascinating but I need to learn that not everyone is going to think that way. Anyway... Do any of you have this same problem?

-Cody

Lionheart

People don't wake up to the truth until they are ready for it. There are many people I talked to who that made me think they were also interested in this. Then I find out later they have not given it any thought since we had last talked about it. People are busy with their Physical lives right now, they don't have time to do anything else. That is why I believe that we are waking up to this now, we are ready. This has changed my whole outlook on life in general. There aren't a lot of people right now that can allow this to happen in their lives. They exist by whatever seems safe to them.

ArmyOfOne1911

Thanks for the reply lionheart.

I got one of these automated emails I get by Robert Bruce and I gave it a good read. He mentioned something about only 1% of the population purely dedicate themselves to this kind of stuff and stick with it. It was pretty interesting.

Volgerle

I do not talk to "normal" people about these things. I only do it by writing on forums like these where I meet "unnormal" people like me.  :-D

Szaxx

Hey, un-normal. We deserve a better title than that. Gifted, spiritual or maybe mad, psychotic, losing it. Ok this is really what you will get. The best people to speak to are more likely to tell a tale of a ghost hunting venture they have been on.  But watch out, some are un-normal......lol.
Speak to the pulse and recieve genuine comments, its far better
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Stookie_

It's like my Dad trying to talk to me about golf... I just don't care, and I can't help that. I think it's the case with any passion. The only people who want to hear it is others with the same passion. My Dad can't make me like golf.

Greytraveller

Greetings all
ArmyOfOne asked
QuoteDo any of you have this same problem?

Wow! What a great question!
YES. Absolutely!
It has been more than 15 years since I had my first deliberate conscious OBE and more more than 9 years since I became a member of this site (and other OBE forums). In that time I have met exactly 3 (three) people in person who said that they have had an OBE. (One of those people was my mother who said that she had a spontaneous OBE many years ago, but she is still not sure if it was some type of dream. The other two people I met On The SAME NIGHT during a party in 2002. One had a type of NDE while suffering a serious fall from a bicycle. The other claimed to be able to induce OBEs (more esoteric minded) but this person did not go into any details.)
So that's it for me. I spend up to an hour or more on this and others OBE related websites each day 'talking' with people on forums and message boards. Yet the total face to face time with people discussing OBEs (and NDES) is probably less than one hour TOTAL.  :? Yes one hour total in 15 plus years! Go figure.  :|

Regards  8-)
Grey

laghutula

Greetings to everybody!

Since my OBE experiences started about 1 year ago, I felt the need to talk about it. I decided to take the risk to do it. I told four persons about my OBEs, all of them near friends. I feel it extremely hard NOT to tell my nearest and dearest about my OBEs because these experiences then stand kind of "in between" me and my friends. Fortunately most of them reacted quite relaxed. One friend - a scientist like me - was very interested, and when we meet, we talk about this stuff. Even among scientists you will find people who are open minded enough. Another friend, a psychologist, didn't say anything - surely my reports were more in conflict with his paradigm than his mind could bear. Of course he knows me as a very grounded, even intellectual person, and this obviously was the last thing he ever expected to hear from me. He never told me what he thinks about it. I feel a little bad about this because we shared so many things ofer so many years.

I NEVER met people over here in Germany with similar experiences, so I am quite happy about finding this forum. It seems one can get a little lonely when walking through uncommon territory, doesn't it?

I DEFINATELY think it is necessary to find at least ONE person to talk about all this. If a friend cuts the bonds after hearing my stories it just proves that he never was a friend in the real sense of the word anyway.

laghutula

blis

I probably talk about it with more people than I should. Not everyone wants to talk about it but I've never got a bad reaction.

Weird one happened in october. I went on a walking trip with some random people off the internet. We went for a drink afterwards and it turned out that 3 out of the four of us at the table had experienced OBE's. I reckon a lot more people than we think might have obe's and just not talk about it. I've met four or five in the last year.

ArmyOfOne1911

Thanks for your replies everyone...

Blis that's cool.

At first I thought you said you went out for drinks in your OBE.  :lol:

Lionheart

Mary Jo (my better half) and I have had a store in a city in Minnesota at Christmas time for going on 12 years now. Because we are Seasonal Vendors we get what ever it is they have to give. Back in August during a Phase I saw us working in a Mall Kiosk and that we weren't selling our Dragon Sculptures there. I found this very strange because we were selling Himalayan Salt Lamps and some other glow in the dark product that I couldn't distinguish from my vision. One week later the Mall Office callled and told us they had a store for us. So I let my vision go as just a daydream or something. Mary Jo then spent 5 weeks in  our basement sculpting and painting beautiful dragons for our store, while I lined up other products to sell in there as well. If you would like to see our dragons a friend of ours has a Facebook page done for us under our business name Primitive Origins. Anyways, forward to Nov 5th when we call the Mall Office to pick up our store keys. We leave a message and 20 mins later we receive a phone call stating that they, the Mall Office has made a terrible error. Our store is not in Minnesota, it is in Michigan which is 2 States away. Mary Jo was crushed, I was angry because of all the hard work she had done getting ready for a store. So the answer to the dilemma was they had a Kiosk open for us. Enter my vision again, so to make a long story short we are selling Himalayan Salt Lamps and Hand Blown Glass Jellyfish. I guess the Jellyfish was my other product I saw in my vision back in August, because these Glow in the Dark. When you turn on a Salt Lamp it warms the salt creating Negative Ions. Everything we have that is electrically powered creates Positive Ions that have been proven to be bad for the human body. Now this is Science, it has nothing to do with being Spiritual or anything like that. When I sell them I tell this to people, the responses are hilarious, we have people saying "no thanks I believe in God" or "where in the United States is the Himalayan Mountains?"
As soon as people see them they act like it is something for Spiritual nutcases, lol. I have some brochures written up stating all the Scientific Evidence for Negative Ions, but still they balk at it. To most people I say that it is just a cool looking lamp, there are a number of people that know them well and usually have 2-3 of them in their homes and they swear by them. But the other end of the spectrum comes the totally naive, close minded people I come across everyday. I personally wish we had our Dragon Store instead, but understand why I am in a Kiosk. I also saw in my vision that I would be meeting a number of "special People" and also educating other people that are waking up to the power of the conscious mind. I am happy to say that there is a true awakening occurring now and that a lot of the people are older teens, into their early 20s. Everyday in the Mall I have met people that come up to me like Vietnam Vets etc. telling me about their NDE's and OBE's and the funny thing is I just say hello to them, the next thing I know, they are starting the topic on Consciousness or Meditation. It's as if I have become a magnet to people who are like minded. I have also had a number of people coming over talking about how their life is bad, suicidal, depressed etc. Anyways, having our store would be way better for us financially and to that i feel sorry for Mary Jo. I have never been one to really care about finances or material things that money buys. I have always said I would rather be wealthy in knowledge and spirit, then financially.
People are waking up now, it just takes them awhile. Not a lot of people will admit it though. I find that anything that changes their belief system is hard for them to swallow. It goes against who they are and the way they have live their entire lives. I truly believe that you will not wake up to your full potential until you are ready for it and then still you will have miles to go.

ArmyOfOne1911

Lionheart that was a great post.

The ending there reminded me of myself. I have never believed in religion. (I do not mean to offend anyone) But, I have always been open minded to an afterlife etc. It wasn't until I ran across this guys video on you-tube about Out of body experiences. "Spirit science" I believe it was. From that moment forward I have dedicated myself to astral projection. Since I was 13 I always believed in ghosts. Never saw one... Never talked to one... But for some reason I have had this attraction to the paranormal for so long. It wasn't until I got my very first EVP recording during an EVP session. I said you know what? I am going to give this EVP stuff a try. Why not? I have seen it on TV so I am going to give this a shot. Sure enough on my first session I got about 3 clear voices talking back to me. These were very clear. I have heard words "help" "good day" "i'm okay." "I did that" (After explaining for them to speak into the microphone for me really loud.) and ever since I been open to the fact that astral projection or anything like it is real. I probably would have never ran into the subject if it wasn't for my constant obsession over the supernatural. I was scared the first time my body went into OBE mode. I have gotten over that though. I had my first OBE. It was confusing but awesome at the same time. A medium I know keeps saying I have lots of spirits around me. Maybe this is why I have so much anxiety? I got so much activity around me and I don't even know it. I am so sensitive. Maybe they were doing things to lead me to finally wake up and start all of this? I really can't wait to speak to my guides. Angels or what not. I have asked them many times to come see me if I have an OBE or help me with achieving one. Nothing yet... But I won't give up! It's good stuff and this place has taught me so much.

-Cody

PS: Again thanks for all your replies!

I CONSTANTLY find myself wanting to tell my best friend about this stuff and my EVPS I have gotten etc. She brought up a joke tonight about ghosts. Well I did... Just to see what her reaction was and I don't think she would buy into it right now. We drove this this tunnel once that is supposedly haunted, and I could tell she was scared but was having a good time you know? I put on this... "Oh no here we go inside!!!" kind of show... but inside I was going. "Whatsup everyone around me I can't see right now! Hope ya don't mind us driving through.... :)"

I think I see it as more of a personal thing for me right now anyway. Influencing other people about what I have learned or seeing ghosts... I am not sure would benefit myself, and I can't force it on them anyway. It has been a big step for me. A GOOD step. I plan on just keeping it to myself unless the discussion comes up one day about it, and I will jump in. :)

astralp

Yes i did have the same problem.  I thought people would think im crazy if i talked about this kind of stuff.  But, that was about 8 years ago.  Now i just dont give a excrement what people think.  They can stay closed minded for all care.    I know what i experience is real and if they want to listen then they do, if they don't, i just don't care.  People now seem more open to the idea then just 8 years ago.  I have talked to my friends, family, and random strangers about it, and most of them are fascinated about astral projection.  I used to be scared of being labeled a nut job, but if people know you well enough and explain to them well enough they will listen and even try it themselves.  Most of the people i talk to about it want to hear more, and actually have started to look up to me about my spiritual beliefs. 

Don't be afraid to talk about it.  You'll find that most people will take you seriously and actually be very interested.  It was very relieving being able to talk about it with real people, especially my family,  rather than people on a forum who are already interested in it.  You will expand their view about life. 

Plus, the more we talk about with people who have never heard of it, i feel, the world will be in a better place. 
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles