Breathing

Previous topic - Next topic

saberdog

Hello AP.

I've been having troubles letting go of control of my breathing, and I tend to hold my breath.

Any suggestions?

Lionheart

You will get better with practice. Relax yourself totally. Sometimes I find progressive relaxation techniques work well. You could also try counting up to 300, anything that takes your mind off your breathing will help. Some people focus on their breathing to Phase, while other people find it difficult because they get stuck worrying about their breathing. Release your fear!
Good Luck and Safe Travels  :-)

Stookie_

Something simple you can try: take long deep breaths and when you fully exhale, hold it for 5 or 6 seconds, slowly inhale fully, but don't hold it and immediately begin to slowly exhale again, repeat. If the 5 or 6 seconds of empty lungs becomes uncomfortable you can shorten it some. Practicing this for a while will help develop a good & natural breathing pattern.

saberdog

Quote from: Lionheart on November 28, 2011, 01:35:15
You will get better with practice. Relax yourself totally. Sometimes I find progressive relaxation techniques work well. You could also try counting up to 300, anything that takes your mind off your breathing will help. Some people focus on their breathing to Phase, while other people find it difficult because they get stuck worrying about their breathing. Release your fear!
Good Luck and Safe Travels  :-)

Diverting attention: will try.

Thanks!