Tensing, effort, and shiznack

Previous topic - Next topic

antiloop

Hi Dj,

The point shift technique to my understanding is one of the most difficult ones to master, however it is the most powerful exit and transportation technique. Having experienced this myself on a few lucky occasions I can tell you it is quite amazing.

It is the literal "beam me up", the "teleportation" in the astral world. There is no need to travel the distance from A to B, which means you can avoid getting geographically lost, disoriented or distracted along the way. You simply dissapear from A and appear at B... INSTANTLY! - this in the case of traveling with the astral. In the case of exiting with this technique, obviously your physical body doesn't dissapear, but your astral body auto appears at location B ;-)

So how can this be done? It requires a special type of concentration, a focus so intense that your conciousness transfers to location B. In my experience I have done this via visualization technique. I was able to see a person at location B, a wall, or even a small  object on the floor - it doesn't really matter. What matters is that what you are visualizing exists at location B and you not only know what it looks like, but you are able to see/feel it so perfectly that you believe without a doubt you are already there, and then within 1 to 3 seconds your entire conciousness transfers there. This is rather difficult to describe, it is beyond your typical visualization practices and I certainly have not come anywhere near mastering it yet. A special requirement seems to be the right state of mind which can not easily be induced (at least for me). The only times I've had success with this is when I wake up 1/2 way through the night and feel my physical body full of energy and I for some reason have a very strong ability to concentrate, everything is perfectly clear - what I command my mind to see, I see perfectly as if it were in front of me physically without ANY doubts. I might as well have my eyes open - what I see during the visualization is FLAWLESS.

Note this type of concentration requires perfect relaxation as opposed to "tensing" as you described. If you have not OBE'ed yet, I would discourage you from trying this method first, as I do believe it may be the most difficult. Feel free to give it a few tries.. but if it is not working for you, go back to some simpler methods.

Good Luck!
antiloop

Froggman

DJ,
 Before stumbling across your post, I posted a topic myself called "nailing the exit."  My problem is a lot like yours.  I get to a point where I start trying with my physical body to climb the rope or the like.  You should check out some of the replies to my topic, they're quite helpful.

Best of luck!

n/a

Aww come on! I want to hear about shiznack"

I think I know what it is...

We have Tensing, which we all do sometimes, it kind of helps a little when you're trying to imagine your are lifting off the bed.

We have Effort,  when we're laying there and nothing is happening, so we try every little idea that comes into mind no matter how rediculous!

And now Shiznack!  
That is the common "cuss word" when we finally give-up, roll-over, and go to sleep...

Nightflier...

DjMidgetMan

Youre pretty close on the application of the word "Shiznack".... heres the full description....

Definition(Made by me): Shiznack(sh'iz'nac): A replacement word  for all known cuss words there are today.... Root word: Sh*t

History: One day me and my friend were "hanging out" at school when all of a sudden we realized we had a tremendous amount of homework for a certain class, and I was in the process of saying "Sh*t", when I realized the teacher behind me.... I swiftly curved  the word like so: Shhiiiiiitzzzzzznack!! From then on, me and my friend use that word to express our distress in all matters...

Thats basically it.... I have some other cuss word replacements such as Biotch(commonly known) and assphault(another commonly known one)....

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

Roger

There is also an interesting technique that I read about in another book (whose name escapes me at the moment) and that is to imagine a cube floating about your third eye.  Allow it to bounce close to your forehead, then back up far away, keeping perspective correct in your visualization.  After you start to feel the pressure, latch onto the cube as it makes its last bounce away from you and let it pull you out.  I've had some success with this.  Hope it helps.

p.s.  Is "shiznack" anything like "shiznit"?

DjMidgetMan

Ya know what, that just might work... I have a pretty active brow center compared to my other centers and that probably would help a lot.... And to answer you question about shiz the shizzes of the world...... The difference is: Shiznack is MY word... Shiznit was probably a little modified version of Shiznack and has no right to be out there in the world..... Shiznack rules all....

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

Roger

Or is it derived from "shazbot" of Mork and Mindy fame?  (showing my age)  

Jacara

I think all "minor" cuss words started that way, with last-second brain censoring
(Shoot, Fudge, Geez, Cripes, Dang, et.al.)
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

DjMidgetMan

This post is about tensing and effort.... It has nothing to do with my made up word: "Shiznack".... lol.... Ok, here I go...

Tensing: I noticed that when I use the point shift technique, my body responds in some way, without me noticing it for a long time... For example, when doing the point shift technique, my PHYSICAL BODY will try to come up to the point im shifting to.... Is this a serious problem?? If I solve this problem, will how much will it increase my chances of projection??

Effort: I noticed that Ill usually give little spurts of effort throughout the point shift technique and Ill never really hold it the whole way... Will this effect my chances of projection???

Shiznack:

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"