Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project?

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasmaAstralProjection

So I was reading Robert Bruce's book called "Mastering Astral Projection 90 Day Guide To Out-Of-Body Experience."

In speaking of Deep Physical Relaxation Roberts book reads:
"Deep physical relaxation is the foundation upon which everything else in this program will rest."

"If you do not thoroughly learn this essential skill, you could waste a lot of time and effort making projection attempts with little chance of success."

Now I have constant tension in my right foot. I can't stop it by even going to sleep. It's always there, even when resting. Would this really be a hindrance to astral projection? Should I wait for my foot to heal before I continue?

Thanks.

Lumaza

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on June 18, 2017, 17:19:14
Now I have constant tension in my right foot. I can't stop it by even going to sleep. It's always there, even when resting. Would this really be a hindrance to astral projection? Should I wait for my foot to heal before I continue?
If you believe it will be a hindrance, it shall be. You need to find a way to get your focus completely away from it. I had to do that when I was first stricken with Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had relearn everything again. But it taught me quite a bit as well.

This whole practice in general involves loosing your focus on your "immediate" physical body. There are a number of ways to do this. Any of the actual projection techniques you read would work. They all involve the same thing and that is to stop focusing here and turn your "complete" focus to there.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

... "Deep physical relaxation is the foundation upon which everything else in this program will rest."

"If you do not thoroughly learn this essential skill, you could waste a lot of time and effort making projection attempts with little chance of success." ...

In my opinion, Bruce exaggerates in those quotes, and his whole energy work is both a waste of time, from astral projection point of view, and counterproductive.

To project, you need to put your physical body to sleep while keeping your mind wake. Your physical body relaxation is only for your mind to forget about your physical body. Paying too much attention to your physical relaxation defeats the purpose.

My short answer to your question: if you can sleep with tension in your foot, you can astral project with tension in your foot.

Different authors come with different methods of astral projection, trying to describe what worked for them, trying to make sense of why that happens, but ultimately all can be distilled to: putting yourself in a light trance in order to dissociate your mind from your physical body.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Xanth

"If you do not thoroughly learn this essential skill, you could waste a lot of time and effort making projection attempts with little chance of success."
You could also waste a lot of time and effort if you're putting much stock in Robert Bruce...  just sayin...

He's a hack only out to make a buck, which isn't an entirely bad thing... he's just bad... he's nothing but a fear-mongerer. 
I'd highly advise anyone to stay far away from him.

And before anyone asks... yes, he has SOME good points... but the bible also has some "good points" too, but I still would never suggest you read it.
Let's just say that the bad faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs any good you'll get from that man.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Lumaza on June 18, 2017, 18:24:42
If you believe it will be a hindrance, it shall be. You need to find a way to get your focus completely away from it. I had to do that when I was first stricken with Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had relearn everything again. But it taught me quite a bit as well.

This whole practice in general involves loosing your focus on your "immediate" physical body. There are a number of ways to do this. Any of the actual projection techniques you read would work. They all involve the same thing and that is to stop focusing here and turn your "complete" focus to there.
Sorry to hear that  you had trigeminal neuralgia, my aunt had it. It can be very painful. Luckily she got it fixed with surgery. OK so you think I can still do it but I would have to focus away from the physical and away from my foot. Thanks for your input Lumanza.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: baro-san on June 18, 2017, 18:34:54
In my opinion, Bruce exaggerates in those quotes, and his whole energy work is both a waste of time, from astral projection point of view, and counterproductive.

To project, you need to put your physical body to sleep while keeping your mind wake. Your physical body relaxation is only for your mind to forget about your physical body. Paying too much attention to your physical relaxation defeats the purpose.

My short answer to your question: if you can sleep with tension in your foot, you can astral project with tension in your foot.

Different authors come with different methods of astral projection, trying to describe what worked for them, trying to make sense of why that happens, but ultimately all can be distilled to: putting yourself in a light trance in order to dissociate your mind from your physical body.
OK you seem to agree with Lumanza. OK thanks for your input baro-san.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on June 18, 2017, 19:03:37
You could also waste a lot of time and effort if you're putting much stock in Robert Bruce...  just sayin...

He's a hack only out to make a buck, which isn't an entirely bad thing... he's just bad... he's nothing but a fear-mongerer. 
I'd highly advise anyone to stay far away from him.

And before anyone asks... yes, he has SOME good points... but the bible also has some "good points" too, but I still would never suggest you read it.
Let's just say that the bad faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs any good you'll get from that man.
Wow that is a really negative review from someone that has a lot of books on astral projection. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Let me guess is the reason you don't like him is because of his book called. "The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide?"

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on June 18, 2017, 19:28:30
Wow that is a really negative review from someone that has a lot of books on astral projection. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Let me guess is the reason you don't like him is because of his book called. "The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide?"
All of his work.  The man is *ONLY* out to make a buck, which as I said isn't necessarily a bad thing... but he spreads fear. 
I would *NEVER* suggest any author who fear-mongers.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on June 19, 2017, 08:03:27
All of his work.  The man is *ONLY* out to make a buck, which as I said isn't necessarily a bad thing... but he spreads fear. 
I would *NEVER* suggest any author who fear-mongers.
OK so what would you recommend for a comprehensive guide on how to astral project? Thanks.

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on June 19, 2017, 10:31:59
OK so what would you recommend for a comprehensive guide on how to astral project? Thanks.
Nothing really... other than yourself and hard work.
Asking questions once in a while here for clarification but doing most of the work yourself is better than anything any book will give you.

There really aren't many books out there which I could say are "beneficial" to the learning projector.  They're mostly all full of crap.

Nameless

Baro-san said it perfectly, "My short answer to your question: if you can sleep with tension in your foot, you can astral project with tension in your foot."

Though I've not said much about it I will now. I never understood the hoopla over learning or training yourself to ignore your body or the physical. After all we ARE here in this physical and that's all perfectly normal. In your situation (which I have been) I simply suggest acknowledging the tension in your foot while still focusing on what you wish.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

baro-san

The best book I read as a beginner was William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". The week I finished it i had my first astral projection. Later, Frank Kepple's posts on this site were eye opening and thought provoking. His journey of discovery in this field is remarkable, and followed a similar path as Robert Monroe's. These days I would recommend directly a self-hypnosis path. Kepple, Monroe, Moen, and others, without saying it, maybe without realizing it, ended up projecting using self-hypnosis routines (in my opinion).
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Lumaza

Do you mean to say you have been here as a member since 2010 and have never had a conscious OBE? ... or are you are amassing this info for a friend?

I ask that in sincerity because if you couldn't do it in the past, you need to find out what your "self-imposed block" is before you can do it now. It is likely something pretty strong and dear to you because it has stifled your success for years, it seems.  :|

This will come through some personal "soul searching". You need to jump every hurdle that has been put in your way, before you will find success with any technique out there.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: baro-san on June 19, 2017, 18:59:17
The best book I read as a beginner was William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". The week I finished it i had my first astral projection. Later, Frank Kepple's posts on this site were eye opening and thought provoking. His journey of discovery in this field is remarkable, and followed a similar path as Robert Monroe's. These days I would recommend directly a self-hypnosis path. Kepple, Monroe, Moen, and others, without saying it, maybe without realizing it, ended up projecting using self-hypnosis routines (in my opinion).
That's an interesting thought, yeah I want to work with some affirmation. My goal is do everything possible to increase my chances.  :-D

Quote from: Nameless on June 19, 2017, 17:30:34Though I've not said much about it I will now. I never understood the hoopla over learning or training yourself to ignore your body or the physical. After all we ARE here in this physical and that's all perfectly normal. In your situation (which I have been) I simply suggest acknowledging the tension in your foot while still focusing on what you wish.
Thanks OK well it seems that I can still astral project regardless of my foot, so this is good news.  :-)

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Lumaza on June 19, 2017, 19:12:23
Do you mean to say you have been here as a member since 2010 and have never had a conscious OBE? ... or are you are amassing this info for a friend?

I ask that in sincerity because if you couldn't do it in the past, you need to find out what your "self-imposed block" is before you can do it now. It is likely something pretty strong and dear to you because it has stifled your success for years, it seems.  :|

This will come through some personal "soul searching". You need to jump every hurdle that has been put in your way, before you will find success with any technique out there.
Yes I've never consciously had an OBE, but I have had a few spontaneously created short OBEs. Back in the day I couldn't astral project because I was a really bad health. Then I got better, and I was in college so I didn't feel like I had time to seriously pursue it. Now that I am on break from College I'm getting back into it. But I don't think I have a serious block from it, mainly because I haven't really tried enough. I appreciate your concern though.  :-)