Tests, Quests and Challenges

Previous topic - Next topic

EscapeVelocity

It is interesting that a conversation that I had with Lumaza sparks a significant LD for him the following night. It was a significant LD for me a couple nights before that sparked our conversation in the first place.

In my own and Lumaza's experiences, we both have the memory of the fact of the experience, yet we lose seemingly important aspects of the experience. The significance may lie in what we do remember: the qualities and subtleties of the experience and just how we manage to maneuver through the following dream sequence.

Lumaza almost never loses the memory of an experience, that is an indication of just how talented he is; Me, I lose the important pieces all the time, and spend a lot of energy retrieving all these lost pieces.

My own experience is unimportant now, the insight is likely to be found within what Lumaza has  asked.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

It's interesting to me how things just line up and synchronize like that. Seems we are constantly being given clues. I remember those conversations about the spinning plates and I remember having the spinning plates when I was a kid. Spinning them was always easier for me then most of the kids but I have no memory and perhaps didn't spin them as test. But maybe, who knows?

To your question Lumaza, I often awaken with this feeling or idea that I have just experienced something but have no recall beyond a vague idea although sometimes I will absolutely know what the experience was about but have no recall of the details at all. Many of those or maybe all of them seem to be tests or may be not tests. My recall is all over the place.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

When I was little I was afraid of something I called "The shadow hand". I must have had dreams about it and this is where the fear came from. I slept with a night light until my early teens. I panicked if it was pitch black. But at the same time I encouraged my friends to try making magic rings, bracelets, etc and waited for some sort of power to emerge from them haha. So, I was asking to be shown, yet I was afraid of the unknown. Since I started Aping at the age of 15, all that fear diapered. Certain realizations through experiences dissipated it.

My dream recall is also inconsistent. Most of the time I have a good recall, but sometimes, as all of you described, it totally gets filed away before a chance to analyze. Maybe this is how it should be with certain dreams. APs, I recall 100% all the time.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on February 29, 2020, 20:46:00
To your question Lumaza, I often awaken with this feeling or idea that I have just experienced something but have no recall beyond a vague idea although sometimes I will absolutely know what the experience was about but have no recall of the details at all. Many of those or maybe all of them seem to be tests or may be not tests. My recall is all over the place.
Yes, I have that happen often as well. You just "know" something profound has occurred, yet lack the recall of it. I'm sure the results of those tests will surface sooner or later. It likely will surface as yet another "knowing", as it often does! ...and the cycle continues!  :roll:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Szaxx

Those spinning plates lessons or tests were out of place at that time. They did however lead on to the next chain of learning namely environmental control. There was several experiences which fit this learning curve, all for taking control and all were very difficult requiring several attempts. The recall for some is still tiny compared to other early experiences.
The end result was indeed tested, the NP mentors or whatever sent me on a long and difficult journey which they knew I'd not fail to do. This lasted a couple of years and I learned many things along the way.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lumaza

Quote from: Szaxx on March 03, 2020, 13:49:24
Those spinning plates lessons or tests were out of place at that time. They did however lead on to the next chain of learning namely environmental control. There was several experiences which fit this learning curve, all for taking control and all were very difficult requiring several attempts. The recall for some is still tiny compared to other early experiences.
The end result was indeed tested, the NP mentors or whatever sent me on a long and difficult journey which they knew I'd not fail to do. This lasted a couple of years and I learned many things along the way.
Thanks for joining the conversation Szaxx!  :-)

It was you that introduced me to that "spinning plate" experience. EV then seconded it and other members here even reinforced it further.

There is definitely a learning curve, which in turn leads to some kind of NPR evolution and understanding. I think that's where our strong sense of "knowing" comes from.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Szaxx

Thinking back, the one aspect of that experience that's now clear is that although it seemed pointless at that time, upon reflection, it taught me to become embedded in the scene. Phasing in 100% is a must have condition else you'll not progress and retrievals, for example, would never have been possible. Grounding is the modern term and so many practitioners know that a single thought outside of the experience will be detrimental. By concentrating on spinning all of those plates, knowing that all of them had to be spinning was the goal to achieve or it'd be failure. There's no time to think of the body or even a desire to, there was no other existence outside of that experience, the level of concentration zoned out everything but that task. This depth was then attainable with ease.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lumaza

Quote from: Szaxx on March 08, 2020, 21:19:44
There's no time to think of the body or even a desire to, there was no other existence outside of that experience, the level of concentration zoned out everything but that task. This depth was then attainable with ease.
You hit the nail on the head there Szaxx. Any thought of anything other than what you are experiencing while Phasing will lead to a instant halt in your experience. I learned that via LDs as well. I always "know" I am lucid, but don't mentally show that awareness. You need to be "all in" for the time being. I don't even change or attempt to alter the scenario at hand now. I see it through as it is. I feel if I am experiencing said adventure, there must be a good reason for it!
...and yes, it does become easier and easier to attain! It wasn't always that way though. That seems to be part of the "learning curve" for this practice in general. A change in your overall mindset of what "is", will help you greatly with this!  :-)