My first lucid dream

Previous topic - Next topic

HugPorkyPig

I think it would be nice to journal my first lucid dream here as well as in my dream journal.

For the past couple of months, I've been wanting to have an OBE or at least a lucid dream so freaking bad.

Then on 26/4/18, I had my first lucid dream. I woke up in the middle of the night to go pee.
As i returned and laid on the bed, i was thinking to myself how nice it would be if i can dream of adventures with cartoon characters. That way, i would instantly realize that i was dreaming. (i love cartoons all my life and still do at 60; so its no problem to day dream of them for long periods).

Next thing i knew, i was running with Porky Pig and another cartoon character. I can't remember the other character because he was behind me. We were heading for a destination, searching for something. As Porky Pig was running in front of me, i suddenly thought, hey this can't be real, I must be dreaming!

I was so elated to know that i was lucidly dreaming in a dream that i rushed up and hugged Porky Pig. (hence my username)
I put my arms around Porky Pig and squeezed and closed my eyes in happiness.
As soon as i closed my eyes, everything went grey and with bubbles and.....

No, no, no...I'm waking up,,,no, no, no...Porky Pig, don't go.., don't go, ... come back!..come backkk...

Too late, i woke up.  :-(

Xanth

A very common scenario.  The act of becoming lucid ends up triggering the "wake up" event.

With some practice, you can push that event away temporarily.  You have to learn to bring all of your awareness into the experience.
I usually do this by focusing all of my attention on something within the local environment of what I'm currently experiencing.
For example, when I start to feel myself begin to wake up (it's usually a pretty prominent feeling), I'll stop what I'm doing and bring all five of my senses towards something mundane such as a tree or the grass.
I'd feel it, run my hands over it, feel how real it is... smell it... taste it if you can... look at it, take in all of the sights of what it is... just bring all of your senses into this act.

With some practice, you can learn to override that wake up event.

HugPorkyPig

Thanks Xanth; I will try.

I'm now waiting for my Dream Leaf pills to arrive.

Can't wait to try it; should be a doosey!  :-D

Xanth

.......... your, what now?  O_o

HugPorkyPig

Quote from: Xanth on April 28, 2018, 19:54:27
.......... your, what now?  O_o

(copy & paste from <URL REMOVED> )
"Dream Leaf is an advanced lucid dreaming supplement that helps your brain create the right neuroenvironment for lucid dreaming to occur.  It increases dream recall, dream vividness, and promotes conscious awareness while dreaming.  It's composed of a red pill and a blue pill; each pill plays a vital role in the process of inducing lucid dreams."

Xanth

I just removed the URL from your post.  We don't want to be seen as supporting such things.

In any case, I'd be terribly amiss if I didn't say:  You don't need to use such stuff.  :)
Beyond it sounding quite dangerous (nobody needs a chemical in order to project), it's a waste of money and we're more than happy to help guide you through learning all this stuff.

In the end learning to project without the need of an aid is the best way to go about it anyway.  :)

HugPorkyPig

Quote from: Xanth on April 30, 2018, 01:19:38
I just removed the URL from your post.  We don't want to be seen as supporting such things.
Noted with thanks.

In any case, I'd be terribly amiss if I didn't say:  You don't need to use such stuff.  :)
Beyond it sounding quite dangerous (nobody needs a chemical in order to project), it's a waste of money and we're more than happy to help guide you through learning all this stuff.
Thanks Xanth; this website has already been a big help.

In the end learning to project without the need of an aid is the best way to go about it anyway.  :)
Yes, i agree with you.
(My thinking was to use dream leaf to get one conscious OBE. Then to stop using that stuff, and work diligently at it without artificial aids.)

Cheers.