The Gateway Experience vs Binaural Beats?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kree

I've had TGE for some years now, but have only really tried the F10 track.  Gave up on it after hearing "you are now in focus 10" a hundred times.

The weird thing about TGE is, iirc, many of the tracks don't even go into theta.  So would seem less effective than just a theta BB track.  And I also hear that most of the tracks don't even provide a technique.  So I'm wondering what value is there to these tracks, for someone who just wants to phase?

I've also got a laxman light and sound machine, but can't really tell if it's any better than just a BB track.

Lumaza

Quote from: Kree on June 04, 2021, 17:34:41
I've had TGE for some years now, but have only really tried the F10 track.  Gave up on it after hearing "you are now in focus 10" a hundred times.

The weird thing about TGE is, iirc, many of the tracks don't even go into theta.  So would seem less effective than just a theta BB track.  And I also hear that most of the tracks don't even provide a technique.  So I'm wondering what value is there to these tracks, for someone who just wants to phase?

I've also got a laxman light and sound machine, but can't really tell if it's any better than just a BB track.
My take on all of these is they have utilize the same goal, per se and that they all create a altering of your brain waves. But even more than that, they get you used to the "feeling" of having your brain waves altered from a conscious state of awareness. So, you could say they work as part of a process of "brain entrainment", which I have personally found to be a very important part in the Art of Phasing.

I have used a few of Robert's Walkthroughs. I listen to Binaural Beats or Isochronic Tones almost daily, especially before I go to sleep at night. I find the change in brainwaves that they give to be very relaxing. I also own the Laxman. I was the person that created the Laxman thread here on the Astral Pulse Forums. If it wasn't for my Trigeminal Neuralgia, I would still use it too. When i was just new to this practice, one session with the Laxman would be all it takes to bring me into a very deep state of brainwave alteration. Once the program ended, the session for the day normally did too. At that point in time, I didn't have the knowledge or ability to prolong the NP stat. Now, I don't need those "training wheels" or tools. But I found those training wheels/tools very helpful in learning to not only acquire, but continuing to acquire, a good non local state of consciousness.

A few other members here that have actually used Robert's full program or have been to the Monroe Institute should be able to help you on the TGE part of your question. 
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

floriferous

Focus 10 uses theta and low delta binaural beats blended. I wouldn't really worry too much about the frequency following response. I think the carrier signals have greater importance than we might think.

EscapeVelocity

Kree,
If you are using the Gateway Experience sound modalities then the various NP states are available to you...the rest is up to you. If you are finding difficulty then you need to search within yourself for what that reason is.

TGE as you describe it doesn't offer the deeper levels of frequency you want, and that may be true...but the greater truth may be that you need to work a bit harder. You need to quit the idea that some online track is going to give you the experience like a gift...sorry, it doesn't work that way.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Xanth

Quote from: Kree on June 04, 2021, 17:34:41

You're doing what I did... you're using your analytical mind too much.  If you're like me, you are listening to the WORDS and not what's BEHIND the words.
The words are mostly meaningless.  "You are now in focus 10..."... MEANINGLESS. 

I'm not really sure how to put this into worlds, but feel the words out with your consciousness.  Listen to the instructions, for sure... but also don't listen TO THE WORDS.  Listen to, literally, everything else BUT THE WORDS.

Does that make any sense? 

EscapeVelocity

A few additional ideas concerning those who are getting no results from trance, meditation or binaurals of various types, ie failure to launch-

1- Like Xanth indicated- Don't be so analytical about the process, relax completely into the session even to the point of relaxing and falling asleep. It may take this happening several times to get to that 'mental space' where an experience can occur.

2- Gathering spiritual/psychic energy does actually seem to help, at least in my experience. So refraining from sex and doing some energy work might be an option. Also stay off the alcohol and drugs, being clean definitely helps.  Maybe it's all about building 'Intention' instead or maybe it's some of both; anyway, it has worked for me.

3- Concentrate your practice; if you really want to do this then be serious about it. Once a week or once every few days possibly doesn't work for most people, especially if you have other subtle awareness issues to overcome. So maybe your schedule needs to be 3 times a day for 3 days or even a week. Or maybe it's 5 times a day for 3 days. I recognize this makes it hard for many people, but that's the dedication that brings people to TMI for a weeklong commitment that involves 5-7 45 minute sessions a day for 5-6 days. And for some people, including me, it can take a day or two before we start getting desired results. This often results in a high degree of 'performance anxiety' and you start questioning how deep you are in each session, am I getting to the right Focus level? What am I doing wrong? The answer is to just relax and go with wherever you are...the right experience, the proper lesson you need at that moment will happen.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

GrumpyRabbit

So I've been gone for 500 years for various reasons, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things (energy/OBE-wise). I've never tried binaural beats - does anyone have a recommendation for the "best" one/s to trigger theta waves, and create a nice trance-like state? Likes tons of them out there and I don't want to assume they're all on equal ground.

ANYWAY, I hope everyone is well and I hope sometime in the next few months I will have some kind of progress to report =)

Bob_the_floater

I you wanna go a bit in depth on the subject there's some good info here:
https://mindalive.com/pages/entraining-tones-and-binaural-beats

From personal experience 4 Hz is to low and puts me to sleep so I use 5+ Hz (but ofc that could just be me). I've been making my own binaural/monaural beats with Audacity for the last ~1½ years, and tried lots of different frequencies, with and without background noise, ramp up and down in frequency, pure binaural and with panning for some monaural effect and they have all worked, so I don't think it matters that much. Right now my go to is one with 7.83 Hz x 33 in one channel and 7.83 Hz x 32 in the other with panning, so 7.83 Hz beat puts in right between theta and alpha.
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

floriferous

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on April 29, 2023, 23:43:24
I you wanna go a bit in depth on the subject there's some good info here:
https://mindalive.com/pages/entraining-tones-and-binaural-beats

From personal experience 4 Hz is to low and puts me to sleep so I use 5+ Hz (but ofc that could just be me). I've been making my own binaural/monaural beats with Audacity for the last ~1½ years, and tried lots of different frequencies, with and without background noise, ramp up and down in frequency, pure binaural and with panning for some monaural effect and they have all worked, so I don't think it matters that much. Right now my go to is one with 7.83 Hz x 33 in one channel and 7.83 Hz x 32 in the other with panning, so 7.83 Hz beat puts in right between theta and alpha.

It can be helpful to blend different frequencies if you are fall asleep. For example, a low theta mixed with an alpha might work for you as the alpha prevents you from slipping into sleep. And the theta takes you deep enough to experience stuff. All about straddling that threshhold.

Lumaza

Quote from: GrumpyRabbit on April 29, 2023, 21:24:57
So I've been gone for 500 years for various reasons, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things (energy/OBE-wise). I've never tried binaural beats - does anyone have a recommendation for the "best" one/s to trigger theta waves, and create a nice trance-like state? Likes tons of them out there and I don't want to assume they're all on equal ground.

ANYWAY, I hope everyone is well and I hope sometime in the next few months I will have some kind of progress to report =)
Through the years here on the Pulse, I have shared many links to all kinds of great Binaural Beats and Isochronic tones. On Jurgen Ziewe's website, you can find one there that is very good. I either did it with my former names here on the Pulse, "Lionheart" or current name Lumaza. Here is the link to Jurgen's website:
https://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Free_Deep_Meditation_Sounds_-_Binaural_Beats.html

Do a search in the right hand search engine above, from the main page, using the words, just as written here, "Binaural Beats" or "Isochronic tones. To this day the best ones I ever found were in a Astral Projection program I purchased years ago. That link I can't share with you because it is part of the 5-disc Program. Jurgen's was a close 2nd.

I learned the importance of constant use of Bin beats and Iso tones was that it was the ultimate tool for brain entrainment. It taught me how each "frequency" felt. That would show me how deep in the process I was. I got used to those frequencies and learned how to initiate them myself. That is very helpful in the Art/act of Phasing!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla