How OBE's start

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hi mikeman,

Welcome to the Astral Pulse forums! [:)] Thanks for sharing your experiences as well. The best I can do is to suggest reading Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. Another good book is The Projection of the Astral Body by Sylvan Muldoon & Hereward Carrington. Both of those books contain many experiences of the authors that might interest and assist you.

Also, there are some "sticky" topics on obe/ap here at the forum that contain some experiences you may be able to relate to, as well as many of the previous posts. Take a look at our File Library and Search buttons at the top of the page as well.

Again, welcome and we'll look forward to your posts.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Draege

It seems the more and more I practice OBE and get more near-success attempts, the more it seems clear to me that your desire to project has great influence, but not in the way you think.. Having the intention to OBE when you practice is of course necessary, but when doing it you must put the idea of wanting OBE completely out of your mind. You must be completely apathetic to the experience for true success. As long as I've been trying I have learned a great deal many things, and I believe in OBE more than ever even without having done it. Because of this I am less eager in my attempts, less serious, more serene. And I personally think it makes ALL the difference.

mikeman

Thanks nick! Will check that stuff out. Actually, I have read Astral Dynamics, but I think i might try and get ahold of the other one too. Its so frustrating that while i was indifferent about the whole thing I was  having more experiences than i could handle, and that once i started using techniques (After reading Astral Dynamics) everything stopped. My body must just be 'out of the zone'.

Have you had success with that Draege? Like you said, the less you want things, the more they tend to come to you...grrr

HaGa11aZ

Hah!  Try not to be so gullable.  Spectostropic observations of organizations that are independent of NASA reveal that chemical reactions between oxygen (being a very small relative quantity) in the atmosphere and iron on the surface result in iron oxide (rust), which is... guess what color.

You should focus your creative optimism on Mars' potential.  There is an ocean full of permafrost water underneath the frigid surface of Mars.  This layer itself is supposed to be seveal kilometers deep.  Once technology advances, we may find a way to artificially create a greenhouse effect on Mars, which would in turn heat the atmosphere and surface to relatively comfortable temperatures.  Water plays a key role in the evolution of life.  So, there be my input!

Adam   [8D]

mattrox

^ did you post on wrong forum?

Thing

hehehe out of body experiences won't take you to mars hehe

many people fail to have out of body experiences because they forget their energy body, work it!

mikeman

Hey everyone, Just found this forum and am having fun checking everyones experiences out.  

A few months ago i had my first OBE completely by accident. In fact, i had no idea what was happening, i had left my body and couldnt stand up because i kept flying away around the room. I would get deep vibrations and paralysis while just minutes after going to bed. Once i knew what was happening i could fly outside and above the city with no worries. But now that i want to keep having OBE its not happening much anymore! Sometimes it happens when going to sleep, but usually i get closer during trance. Does anyone elses OBE's have an attitude like mine? How did you all start having OBE?

Mikeman