Thought control question?

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasmaAstralProjection

Hey everyone I've heard it said that we sometimes reincarnate to learn thought control. I'm wondering though does that mean the ability to stop our thoughts? Or the ability to control your thoughts? Or both?

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on December 29, 2020, 13:38:21
Hey everyone I've heard it said that we sometimes reincarnate to learn thought control.
What the... no.  Just no.  Where would you hear such nonsense?!

QuoteI'm wondering though does that mean the ability to stop our thoughts? Or the ability to control your thoughts? Or both?
Meditate on it.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on December 30, 2020, 00:31:32
What the... no.  Just no.  Where would you hear such nonsense?!
Meditate on it.
I thought it heard it from Tom Campbell but it's been a little while it might have been somebody else but can't say for sure.

When you say meditate on it do you mean contemplate like with thoughts?

EscapeVelocity

Contemplate with thoughts.

Meditate with no thoughts.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

omcasey

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on December 29, 2020, 13:38:21
Hey everyone I've heard it said that we sometimes reincarnate to learn thought control. I'm wondering though does that mean the ability to stop our thoughts? Or the ability to control your thoughts? Or both?

Well there are certainly many reasons to incarnate.. one, without doubt being to experience the advance/graduation/transition from thought to pure awareness. The shift from an identification ( of ourself ) with thought(s) to that of the observer of them. Is this idea interesting to you?

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: omcasey on December 30, 2020, 02:55:20
Well there are certainly many reasons to incarnate.. one, without doubt being to experience the advance/graduation/transition from thought to pure awareness. The shift from an identification ( of ourself ) with thought(s) to that of the observer of them. Is this idea interesting to you?
Yeah I'm already very much aware of that as one of the main reasons to reincarnate. I'm more interested in the value of thoughts.

On a side note, I find that people that promote this idea of just meditate and ignore thoughts like there is some type of inherent distrust of thoughts in general. But in my experience for those that really contemplate thoughts can actually be a path toward ending suffering and dare I say enlightenment.

The theory goes like this, if everybody just meditated all the time and ignored their thoughts and did what the Buddha did it would take us much longer to finally figure out science and then figure out the technology needed to end suffering and travel the Galaxies.

Not only that I believe those that figure things out here and make exploits to help end suffering here they are rewarded in that Afterlife with a better reincarnation next time. I am trying to gather evidence to support that theory for my book. Because otherwise there's no incentive to actually do good by actually ending suffering and that is a very sad thought and state of affairs.

Sorry to get off topic.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on December 30, 2020, 01:24:22
Contemplate with thoughts.

Meditate with no thoughts.
I know, but sometimes meditating can mean contemplate

EscapeVelocity

A slight disagreement in semantics and maybe language,
Contemplating and meditating are two different activities emanating from the same base consciousness. One is active, the other more passive.
Either way is good depending on the current circumstance and the subject under consideration.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LightBeam

Thoughts are the result of our beliefs, moral values, knowledge, wisdom. Not the other way around. So, it is not the thoughts we have to watch but our beliefs. Forced thoughts and actions in exchange of rewards are not genuine and these types of behavior will earn even more challenges in order to understand true compassion and genuine care for others without expectation of rewards. I know several religions people that do thongs for others and then ask God to bless them because they did X,Y,Z. Because they are afraid not to go to hell haha. But you see, if their actions are not based on true compassion and care and only to save their skin or to get rewards, place in heaven, better reincarnation, etc, that is basically deceiving the Source that grants these wishes. However, I don't even believe that it works that way anyway, but that is just an example of what they do.
In addition, the NP is not linear. I have said it so many times. There is no such order of reincarnations. Time and space is not linear in the multiverse. At this very moment all of our characters  are experiencing anything and everything in all parts of the multiverse simultaneously. Knowledge needs to be gained by first hand experience and all spirits need to experience it all. So nothing is going to spare you from experiencing somewhere as some character extreme challenges. If you do not want to believe that, then you have fears. Fears can be conquered only by facing the very thing you are afraid of. I know it's hard to be understood while we are ion character due to many limitations set on purpose, but this is how the school for spirit expansion functions.

Just be the best version of yourself, genuinely care about the well being of others, do not seek rewards and they will come to you. If you don't know how to do the above, then meditate and seek understanding, seek opportunities and experiences to gain these qualities. Forced thoughts will only block further the goal you are trying to reach, because you are trying to mask the symptoms without addressing the root cause.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on December 31, 2020, 02:09:10
I am trying to gather evidence to support that theory for my book.
I hope he quotes you guys in his book!  :-D

Plasma, how do you expect to teach others when you don't fully understand yourself?   :? :|

Almost, I say almost because I have shared links to other people's own opines via youtube interviews, etc..  Almost everything others and I, all the advise, etc. that we have written on this Forum here came to us via what we have learned and experienced from our own NP explorations and teachings received there. I teach people how to get there, but that's as far as it goes. What they see and experience is between them and whoever/whatever it is in the NP that wishes to teach them further.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: Lumaza on December 31, 2020, 16:28:10
 Plasma, how do you expect to teach others when you don't fully understand yourself?   :? :|
Plasma, I want to explain why I asked that question a bit further. I know people here that know you from your posts here and have corresponded/replied with you throughout the years you have been here would be thinking the same thing. I get to be the "bad guy" though and actually post the question myself. I read your above thread last night and wasn't going to post anything, but then a few things happened that kind of compelled me to reply to you here.

I couldn't/wouldn't write a book on OBEs/Reincarnation/UFOs/Spiritualism, the NP itself, etc. because I don't fully understand them myself. I do know many ways to get into a good NP state. But I don't know any of the W's yet, the whys, where's. what's, who's, etc.. I haven't confronted all there is to confront, seen all there is to see and still to this day, i experience failed experiences.

Case in point. This morning I had a "False Awakening". For those that aren't familiar with that term, it's when you think you are awake and are going about your day, then all of a sudden you wake up for "real", to this physical reality here. If you are aware enough in it, you can see reality fluctuations. But because it catches you off guard, you get duped.
So back to my experience. I awoke, got out a bed to start my day and I see that on the floor, our carpet, is a few pieces of jewelry. They look familiar to what MJ wears. I follow the jewelry trail and see now it is Crystals. I work with Crystals when I make my Crystal Amplifiers. So, we have them all over the house, just not on the floor though. At this moment I am in a 100% physical mindset. As I get further down the hall, I see my Step Son and few other familiar faces gathered around the dining table there. There seems to be two trails of Crystals and jewelry now. One leads to our dining room table, the other leads down our hall and to the doorway.

First I approach the table and on it is a good sized piece of Apple Pie. Just the way I like it with melted cheese on top. I then turn and follow the other trail. But as I am following it towards the door, my mind starts to contemplate what is behind the door. In other words, I am starting to force control. Well we all know what happens when you force something in the NP. It just ends then and there. So, I wake up now for real and am disoriented and disappointed.

My second experience happened in today's Phase soak. I call it a Phase soak because I am Phasing while lying in my bathtub. I began with my Healing Mantra and daily NP rituals, you could call it "priming the pump". Then I start noticing the darkness before my closed eyes. Very quickly a image goes from right to left, right by me. After a few moments, it happens again. This time I can see it is someone on a flying broom, ala a Witch or Faerie or something. The image quickly disappears to the left side just off of my current visual screen. I can feel my physical eyes chasing it at this point. The visual keeps appearing though and each time they get more vivid. Now I can see it is a female and she is wearing pastel colored flowing clothing, like a dress I guess. The flowing dress soon turns into a vortex of color. It's not my physical eyes following the scene. Now it is just "being" there.

The next time it happens, I engage my focus to follow her. I do for awhile and she leads me to a new depth or "layer" should I say. Now she is gone, but I am in a much deeper darkness. A new visual appears and I decide to follow it too. While following, I feel like I am on their tail, I guess like a drone or something. The visual disappears and now I see I am even deeper. I am very aware or the all the depth around. Another visual/focus target flies by and again I follow it. When it disappears I quickly realize I am in a even deeper level of depth. This layer is so extreme , so profound, that I have to abort my whole session then and there. It was so overpowering, it frightened me. Next time, if I get a next time, I will hold on longer.

As you see, I failed twice. Once because of my physical mindset taking over instead of my NP mindset. That's what happens via false awakenings though. They catch you off guard and dupe you. There is no exit symptoms in them.
The next failure came as a result of a what I saw as a "fear test".

Both of these circumstances I have never read about in any books by any of the Authors of Astral Projection/Out of Body Experiences. I have experienced a number of things that I have never read about, nor heard talked about by any of those Authors.  I have also listened to youtube videos on topic of OBEs/AP. Many of them don't have a clue on what they are talking about. They had a few experiences and now are supposed experts on the subject!  :-o :roll: :-P
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

omcasey

Yeah I'm already very much aware of that as one of the main reasons to reincarnate. I'm more interested in the value of thoughts.

On a side note, I find that people that promote this idea of just meditate and ignore thoughts like there is some type of inherent distrust of thoughts in general. But in my experience for those that really contemplate thoughts can actually be a path toward ending suffering and dare I say enlightenment.

The theory goes like this, if everybody just meditated all the time and ignored their thoughts and did what the Buddha did it would take us much longer to finally figure out science and then figure out the technology needed to end suffering and travel the Galaxies.

Not only that I believe those that figure things out here and make exploits to help end suffering here they are rewarded in that Afterlife with a better reincarnation next time. I am trying to gather evidence to support that theory for my book. Because otherwise there's no incentive to actually do good by actually ending suffering and that is a very sad thought and state of affairs.

Sorry to get off topic.

Oh I do not find this to be off topic at all!

All this is very connected, it extrapolates into the point/topic/subject making it more relevant. There are phases the sadhaka ( student ), ( thinker ), goes through.

Thought/thinking could be said to be a 3/4D experience of reality. Those who are in this phase of their experiencing ( learning ) very much need to *be in thought mode for the most part.  This is precisely the experience being gained and garnered from. As one progresses through this phase, as they culminate and are reaching a graduation/transition point it can be recognized through the natural inclination toward additional states....states such as the meditative state in which it is recognized that one is in fact not the thought(s) but rather the observer of them. This is a very different experience of the self and reality than the thought-based state of being. As one more regularly remains parked in observer there is a further shift from observer into pure awareness. These latter states could in a way be equated with meditation, or a pure meditative state. Do note that thought(s), from the vantage of these states are still present, they are just not being claimed by the pure awareness and observer. Absolute awareness and observation of them does continue, though. A great deal can be done from these vantages with thought due to confusion being at a minimum, - decision space is expanded and the speed at which actions can be brought into play is accentuated and accelerated.

Were we to go as deep as it is possible, it would have to been said thought is suffering. The original thought is that of an individuated self, a 'second' self, an experiencer of the self. It is what creates ( the illusion of ) space and time. The thought itself can set about to correct and complete specific incomplete and incorrect thought(s) within itself, which is what most are referencing by the term "suffering" but it can never end the source of suffering - itself - the original thought. The action required to end the source of suffering is non-identification with it. Every being inevitably comes to this. There is always the grade and graduation.

Every being, every state of being has a purpose and I very much agree that each and every being should be precisely where they are in their journey.

Only in this, does what comes of this truly exist. ( the next step./phase ).

Naykid

I keep wanting to comment, then I delete to only comment again, but change my wording.   :-P

So, I'm not going to delete anymore. lol  When I was here a decade ago this was the same on going... I don't want to say argument, but the topic of passionate discussions and the common theme was a definitive thought that things had to be done in a certain manner.  I, of course don't agree because well, I think we all have different DNA and fingerprints for a reason.  Why not have totally different experiences that still lead to the same point we are all seemingly wanting to reach? Why not have different ways of getting there? I will say that I too was consumed by my ego at times but now it doesn't matter, how, what, why or when anymore. *shrug* there's a backstory. lol

Anyhoo, Reincarnation has been a love of mine since I was very young and when I was meditating on a daily basis I had many experiences which some I believe to be past-lives.  But now, I've been wondering about "merging" our past souls that might be stuck, as it were... like, what if in one of my past lives I had a traumatic death, like being stabbed?  What if that soul fraction isn't at peace, can I connect with it in some way and thus calming not only that portion of my soul, but this soul now?  lol   This is essentially what I've been tossing around in my head for over a year now. lol  Split personalities is another thing that I wonder is associated with past-lives and our souls just reconnecting.  I haven't meditated consistently for over ten years yet I've had more experiences with spirits and guides in these past years... *lightbulb moment*  Perhaps I am on a lower vibration and interacting with lower energies... Food for thought. 

PlasmaAstralProjection

Sorry everyone, I've been dealing with a lot, I lost my job.

Quote from: LightBeam on December 31, 2020, 12:55:21
Thoughts are the result of our beliefs, moral values, knowledge, wisdom. Not the other way around. So, it is not the thoughts we have to watch but our beliefs. Forced thoughts and actions in exchange of rewards are not genuine and these types of behavior will earn even more challenges in order to understand true compassion and genuine care for others without expectation of rewards. I know several religions people that do thongs for others and then ask God to bless them because they did X,Y,Z. Because they are afraid not to go to hell haha. But you see, if their actions are not based on true compassion and care and only to save their skin or to get rewards, place in heaven, better reincarnation, etc, that is basically deceiving the Source that grants these wishes. However, I don't even believe that it works that way anyway, but that is just an example of what they do.
In addition, the NP is not linear. I have said it so many times. There is no such order of reincarnations. Time and space is not linear in the multiverse. At this very moment all of our characters  are experiencing anything and everything in all parts of the multiverse simultaneously. Knowledge needs to be gained by first hand experience and all spirits need to experience it all. So nothing is going to spare you from experiencing somewhere as some character extreme challenges. If you do not want to believe that, then you have fears. Fears can be conquered only by facing the very thing you are afraid of. I know it's hard to be understood while we are ion character due to many limitations set on purpose, but this is how the school for spirit expansion functions.

Just be the best version of yourself, genuinely care about the well being of others, do not seek rewards and they will come to you. If you don't know how to do the above, then meditate and seek understanding, seek opportunities and experiences to gain these qualities. Forced thoughts will only block further the goal you are trying to reach, because you are trying to mask the symptoms without addressing the root cause.

Hum yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is that not expecting a reward is good and important, but you will be rewarded anyway for doing the right things. It's like the bible says God and Jesus will reward you for believing and doing the right thing, but it also says on that day don't expect the reward, just say we are unprofitable servants.

Quote from: Lumaza on December 31, 2020, 19:52:20
Plasma, I want to explain why I asked that question a bit further. I know people here that know you from your posts here and have corresponded/replied with you throughout the years you have been here would be thinking the same thing. I get to be the "bad guy" though and actually post the question myself. I read your above thread last night and wasn't going to post anything, but then a few things happened that kind of compelled me to reply to you here.

I couldn't/wouldn't write a book on OBEs/Reincarnation/UFOs/Spiritualism, the NP itself, etc. because I don't fully understand them myself. I do know many ways to get into a good NP state. But I don't know any of the W's yet, the whys, where's. what's, who's, etc.. I haven't confronted all there is to confront, seen all there is to see and still to this day, i experience failed experiences.

Case in point. This morning I had a "False Awakening". For those that aren't familiar with that term, it's when you think you are awake and are going about your day, then all of a sudden you wake up for "real", to this physical reality here. If you are aware enough in it, you can see reality fluctuations. But because it catches you off guard, you get duped.
So back to my experience. I awoke, got out a bed to start my day and I see that on the floor, our carpet, is a few pieces of jewelry. They look familiar to what MJ wears. I follow the jewelry trail and see now it is Crystals. I work with Crystals when I make my Crystal Amplifiers. So, we have them all over the house, just not on the floor though. At this moment I am in a 100% physical mindset. As I get further down the hall, I see my Step Son and few other familiar faces gathered around the dining table there. There seems to be two trails of Crystals and jewelry now. One leads to our dining room table, the other leads down our hall and to the doorway.

First I approach the table and on it is a good sized piece of Apple Pie. Just the way I like it with melted cheese on top. I then turn and follow the other trail. But as I am following it towards the door, my mind starts to contemplate what is behind the door. In other words, I am starting to force control. Well we all know what happens when you force something in the NP. It just ends then and there. So, I wake up now for real and am disoriented and disappointed.

My second experience happened in today's Phase soak. I call it a Phase soak because I am Phasing while lying in my bathtub. I began with my Healing Mantra and daily NP rituals, you could call it "priming the pump". Then I start noticing the darkness before my closed eyes. Very quickly a image goes from right to left, right by me. After a few moments, it happens again. This time I can see it is someone on a flying broom, ala a Witch or Faerie or something. The image quickly disappears to the left side just off of my current visual screen. I can feel my physical eyes chasing it at this point. The visual keeps appearing though and each time they get more vivid. Now I can see it is a female and she is wearing pastel colored flowing clothing, like a dress I guess. The flowing dress soon turns into a vortex of color. It's not my physical eyes following the scene. Now it is just "being" there.

The next time it happens, I engage my focus to follow her. I do for awhile and she leads me to a new depth or "layer" should I say. Now she is gone, but I am in a much deeper darkness. A new visual appears and I decide to follow it too. While following, I feel like I am on their tail, I guess like a drone or something. The visual disappears and now I see I am even deeper. I am very aware or the all the depth around. Another visual/focus target flies by and again I follow it. When it disappears I quickly realize I am in a even deeper level of depth. This layer is so extreme , so profound, that I have to abort my whole session then and there. It was so overpowering, it frightened me. Next time, if I get a next time, I will hold on longer.

As you see, I failed twice. Once because of my physical mindset taking over instead of my NP mindset. That's what happens via false awakenings though. They catch you off guard and dupe you. There is no exit symptoms in them.
The next failure came as a result of a what I saw as a "fear test".

Both of these circumstances I have never read about in any books by any of the Authors of Astral Projection/Out of Body Experiences. I have experienced a number of things that I have never read about, nor heard talked about by any of those Authors.  I have also listened to youtube videos on topic of OBEs/AP. Many of them don't have a clue on what they are talking about. They had a few experiences and now are supposed experts on the subject!  :-o :roll: :-P

Quote from: Lumaza on December 31, 2020, 16:28:10
I hope he quotes you guys in his book!  :-D

Plasma, how do you expect to teach others when you don't fully understand yourself?   :? :|

Almost, I say almost because I have shared links to other people's own opines via youtube interviews, etc..  Almost everything others and I, all the advise, etc. that we have written on this Forum here came to us via what we have learned and experienced from our own NP explorations and teachings received there. I teach people how to get there, but that's as far as it goes. What they see and experience is between them and whoever/whatever it is in the NP that wishes to teach them further.
I just question how advanced these teachings are. I mean if we look at Jesus' teachings he teaches us to be servants. And the least among us is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven etc. I suspect that astral projection will tend to give astral projectors a mean average of of advanced teachings. But what happens when you reach the upper limits of spiritual growth? I'm wondering on the spectrum where does the average astral teaching lye in the hierarchy of all teachings.

For instance we can map ego growth, with let's say Susanne Cook-Greuter ego development theory. Or we can map spiritual growth with spiral dynamics. I'm wondering where does Jesus' teachings fit on these spectrum's, and where does astral projection teachings fit on them. That is a question that I should spend sometime researching for my book.

Quote from: omcasey on December 31, 2020, 22:07:17
Oh I do not find this to be off topic at all!

All this is very connected, it extrapolates into the point/topic/subject making it more relevant. There are phases the sadhaka ( student ), ( thinker ), goes through.

Thought/thinking could be said to be a 3/4D experience of reality. Those who are in this phase of their experiencing ( learning ) very much need to *be in thought mode for the most part.  This is precisely the experience being gained and garnered from. As one progresses through this phase, as they culminate and are reaching a graduation/transition point it can be recognized through the natural inclination toward additional states....states such as the meditative state in which it is recognized that one is in fact not the thought(s) but rather the observer of them. This is a very different experience of the self and reality than the thought-based state of being. As one more regularly remains parked in observer there is a further shift from observer into pure awareness. These latter states could in a way be equated with meditation, or a pure meditative state. Do note that thought(s), from the vantage of these states are still present, they are just not being claimed by the pure awareness and observer. Absolute awareness and observation of them does continue, though. A great deal can be done from these vantages with thought due to confusion being at a minimum, - decision space is expanded and the speed at which actions can be brought into play is accentuated and accelerated.

Were we to go as deep as it is possible, it would have to been said thought is suffering. The original thought is that of an individuated self, a 'second' self, an experiencer of the self. It is what creates ( the illusion of ) space and time. The thought itself can set about to correct and complete specific incomplete and incorrect thought(s) within itself, which is what most are referencing by the term "suffering" but it can never end the source of suffering - itself - the original thought. The action required to end the source of suffering is non-identification with it. Every being inevitably comes to this. There is always the grade and graduation.

Every being, every state of being has a purpose and I very much agree that each and every being should be precisely where they are in their journey.

Only in this, does what comes of this truly exist. ( the next step./phase ).
I have thoughts all the time and I don't suffer. Thoughts only have as much meaning as you give them. I don't suffer because I don't put unrealistic expectations on my thoughts.

Quote from: Naykid on January 01, 2021, 12:38:00
I keep wanting to comment, then I delete to only comment again, but change my wording.   :-P

So, I'm not going to delete anymore. lol  When I was here a decade ago this was the same on going... I don't want to say argument, but the topic of passionate discussions and the common theme was a definitive thought that things had to be done in a certain manner.  I, of course don't agree because well, I think we all have different DNA and fingerprints for a reason.  Why not have totally different experiences that still lead to the same point we are all seemingly wanting to reach? Why not have different ways of getting there? I will say that I too was consumed by my ego at times but now it doesn't matter, how, what, why or when anymore. *shrug* there's a backstory. lol

Anyhoo, Reincarnation has been a love of mine since I was very young and when I was meditating on a daily basis I had many experiences which some I believe to be past-lives.  But now, I've been wondering about "merging" our past souls that might be stuck, as it were... like, what if in one of my past lives I had a traumatic death, like being stabbed?  What if that soul fraction isn't at peace, can I connect with it in some way and thus calming not only that portion of my soul, but this soul now?  lol   This is essentially what I've been tossing around in my head for over a year now. lol  Split personalities is another thing that I wonder is associated with past-lives and our souls just reconnecting.  I haven't meditated consistently for over ten years yet I've had more experiences with spirits and guides in these past years... *lightbulb moment*  Perhaps I am on a lower vibration and interacting with lower energies... Food for thought. 
The soul merging hypothesis is interesting.

And yes I agree that there are many paths to the same destination. Which is why I think ego can be good if we learn how to master it. I wanna make a thought map of the best beliefs and values to guild my life, I think that would be very beneficial.

floriferous

It's not you, the body and mind, that gets enlightened. It's the self seeing itself on its own level through the individual point. That's why it is recommended that you allow your thoughts to 'be' because giving attention to thought is giving attention to the objective content of experience (meditation is consciousness without content). There's nothing wrong with thought but you won't find lasting happiness there. And you won't find enlightenment in thought, either. Everything you 'do' is a movement away from enlightenment.

The Buddha already figured out the end of suffering. Stop resisting life. As soon as you unite with a situation you end your suffering. There is so much attention put on manifesting this and that in our lives - this reaching outside of ourselves to make our lives better (this resisting) - when I get this object I will be happy. When I have OBEs I will be happy. That's all fine but why not start by addressing the inside first. If I accept this unpleasant situation I find myself in then it is no longer suffering for me. And by accept I don't mean by happy in it. I mean just accept it for what it is. Allow life to be exactly as it is.

You're talking about finding the end of suffering in new technology. Hasn't thousands of years of history taught us that happiness is not found in objective content. If you do find it then it's only temporary until you search for the next object. When you're driving your car look around you. Where is everyone going? They are literally driving somewhere to try and find happiness in objective content (a person, place, situation or object). What are they doing tomorrow morning? And the next day? And the day after that? The same thing. The end of suffering is not going to be found in a new technology/an object.

tides2dust

Beautifully stated, floriferous. And beautifully stated Plasma.  :-)

Thought control to me means taking the reins of your life, which you will find to be quite a challenging practice- never mind the subconscious programming culture imparts to a developing mind. Still, it is a worth while endeavor nonetheless! I also believe there are moments of bliss, existing outside ones self, a near cessation of thought that transcend perspectives and open one up to Wonder.

I've found when meditating sometimes to allow the thought to come and without forcing a direction but to let it play out until another thought arrives... Focusing on my breath, feeling the slowing down mentally and physically... The joy this brings. And what would happen, is that the moments in between thoughts would sometimes inspire me. It wasn't silence, but it wasn't really any thought either. Later I'd experience this sporadically through out the day, as if I've been washed over by a beautiful acceptance for the present moment, an overflowing sensation of Love and feeling of connection with the vibration responsible for manifestation. 

So to answer your question, in your original post, sure why not?

As for your later post, I believe we already have the technology but that suffering will persist. I am hopeful for our future too, and believe in the Kardashev scale. You might enjoy this website, www.futuretimeline.net it's just for fun. The reward for "right" living isn't something that needs to be hung over any ones head. It comes from living! And learning first hand the satisfaction in something temporary versus something lasting.