To Mr. Bruce

Previous topic - Next topic

RelliK

see guys, im tellin you, the only existence after death is non existence...!!!!

*Signiture*

"Think about giving it your all today. Then think again."

Mobius

Hi all, not trying to defend Robert Bruce or anything, I,ve never
met him, but here is a couple of analogies for you to contemplate.
1. The computer you are now using contains enormous amounts of
information & can perform particular tasks you want it to do.
Sometimes you want to record new information you have discovered or
allready know ( blank floppy,s & c-d,s ) & other times you want to
find out new information or develop new skills ( software ).
Without the computer the software is useless & without the software the computer is useless, its a bit like the chicken & the egg story here but that computer analogy is a fairly basic viewpoint.
The combination of your etheric self & human body is far more sophisticated than a computer, if you look at everything on our planet & universe from an atomic view point we are just atoms that
exist in one form & then manifest into another when they reach a certain point.
Any additional ideas or comments welcome.
Mobius

Qui-Gon Jinn

RelliK, I am a firm believer we pass thrue "death", with at least some sort of awareness, but I am skeptic that we will pass thrue with the same concious "earth identity" we have on at the time of "death"...   to me, living and then suddenly and completely just "vanishing" would be the ultimate cruelness, at least if none of your experiences comes to "use" and being stored somewhere - but I´m sure that´s not what happens..    
 I can´t personally understand all people, and they are many, who sais "oh I can´t imagine existing forever, that would be so boring, I hope I won´t"...    how can it be boring??  Hey - you can probably do pretty much whatever at some level of existance, and if you wanna re experience the physical universe, let´s just forget a few things and re experience!! And there must be alot of stuff we can´t even imagine right now to do...  It won´t get boring until one lets it be, that is my point of view...   this got a bit of subject, but anyway..

Take care// Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Robert Bruce

G'day!

I have dealt with this matter in Astral Dynamics.  Check the index under 'death' and etc.

I think the spirit originates from a very high dimensional level, from the higher self.  You could say that a spirit is cast down into the physical universe, and that a kind of silver cord connects it to its higher self.  It is held within the confines of the physical body, and within the etheric/energy body, while the body lives.  When the physical body dies, the etheric/energy body slowly evaporates until it is gone.  Once the etheric/energy body is completely gone, the spirit passes through what some call the 'second' death, where it moves away from the physical dimension into one of the heavens or spirit worlds.

However, the above process can transpire in many ways, depending on the manner of death, and on the spiritual advancement of the spirit concerned. Some spirits move straight into the heavens, and some undergo a more complex and staggered afterlife process.

Take care, Robert.

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

Qui-Gon Jinn

Thx Robert, I´ll check out the part you mentioned in A.D. as well...  be well //Qui-Gon

Hephaestus

Mr Bruce, is it safe to assume that a lot of the information contained in Astral Dynamics and possibly Psychic self defence is hypothetical? and of a personal un-proven opinion? [|)]

*Places microphone to Mr Bruces mouth* [;)]

Van-Stolin

I belevie what one poster said about the body using a the energy that is found in the astral to sustain yourself and then when you want to move on to higher planes.
Thou shall not kill, remember?  What kind of church man are you? - Vash, Trigun

I will destroy Naraku with this Tessiaga! - Inuyasha, Inu-yasha

Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. - Edward D. Morrison

Robert Bruce

G'day Folks!

First, to answer one question: in my books, areas that are theoretical or speculative are marked thus. My conclusions are largely based on observations gained through personal experience

Objective proof of spiritual matters is extremly rare and difficult to find and present. Modern science does not accept 'anything' of a spiritual nature.

It is extremely difficult to write or speak about spiritual matters, because spirit life and process are vastly different from the physical life and universe that we are familiar with. So it is only natural to use some level of physical world analogy when discussing these matters, in an attempt to impart meaning that one can relate to in some way.

The process of death is difficult to describe, even for those who have near death experiences.

My attempt to explain this earlier in this thread, and in AD, is just one perspective. This was an attempt to simplify what is extremely complex. Another more complex way of explaining this is to reverse and internalize the staggered subtle body process I gave earlier. The below explanation is probably more accurate if you can grasp the metaphysical concepts involved.

Please keep in mind that what I say now can be described in a great many ways, while essentially saying the same thing. It can be as simplistic or as complex, metaphorical or metaphysical, as one is capable of writing. A simplistic example could be like this 'when you die you go to heaven'. A metaphorical explanation could be 'when you die you wait in your grave for the last trumpet and ressurection'. A scientific explanation would be 'when you die its the end of life and nothing comes after, etc...

Your highest spiritual vehicle, your immortal spiritual consciousness (your higher self) is divine in nature. This is often called the divine spark, or the Holy Guardian Angel, or the 'overself' or 'oversoul'. This spiritual aspect exists deep inside your physical body, superimposed throughout you at a higher dimensional level.

Your higher self is a part of THE ONE, so close to THE ONE that it could also be called God. I say this because it is difficult to divide a whole from its parts, or a spark from its fire, or a drop of seawater from the ocean. The only differences are size and volume.

The closest part of your mind relating to your higher self is your subconscious mind. Your higher self and subconscious mind are very similar, in that they do not think or communicate in language. They are highly abstract and communicate in images and feelings and impressions. They have no sense of time passing and only exist in the 'now'. During waking consciousness all aspects are fully integrated and the subconscious mind and higher self are invisible but indivisible aspects of the whole that is you.

However, the above aspects, though invisible, still exert a strong influence over you, through conscience and intuition and 'gut' feelings, etc. In some people, this influence can extend to psychic impressions and guidance, and the actions of the higher self are often taken as the actions of one's spirit guide.

As said, I think the subconscious mind and the higher self are so closely related that during mortal life they are indivisible. But the subconscious mind is the most reachable, identifiable and understandable aspect of one's higher self.

Going back a bit, let me explain how I came to some of these conclusions.

I became conscious in my mother's womb, a couple of months before birth I think; although I cannot put an actual time to this for obvious reasons. I have vivid memories of existing in the womb, and of babyhood, prams and bottles and learning to walk, etc. These memories are images, of sights and sounds (including voices), smells and tastes and textures, and feelings and impressions, etc. I remember that I was highly empathic, as all babies are, and could clearly sense the 'mood' of everyone around me.

One thing I remember clearly from my womb time was an audible vibration that permeated me. This was a continual hum that sounded like a deep and gentle 'Aummmmmmmmm' in the background. I also remember a sense of ineffable boredom, and a profound emptiness.

My state of mind before I learned language was very profound and logical. I lived in the 'now' and thought in images and feelings. I felt an incredibly ancient and profound bigness about my mind. I definitely was not a mindless baby. I had profound intellect and strong logical processes, albeit with no experience memories or knowledge or language with which to back them up or apply them to myself or my environment.

Shooting forwards to now, the only time now that I experience the state of mind I had as a baby is during the deep trance state. At such times, normal thought processes slow, time ceases to be sensed, and a profound state of mind arises. This state of mind does not think in language, but like my original child mind state, thinks in images and impressions and has a profound 'hugeness'. Psychic abilities are the norm in this state, because these are natural spirit abilities. And in this state, one is more spirit than human being, more divine than mortal.

And at special moments during deep trance, and also at times when I raise kundalini, the deep 'Aummmm' sound reappears; its quite audible, especially during K sessions.

Now, what happens during life. Well, during your early life you are first afflicted with language. I say 'afflicted' because language and immersion in the continual activity of life drowns out the quiet, voiceless higher self. This distances your higher self from your current new self. Your higher self stays in the background watching everything, just as your subconscious mind records every moment of your life. Your new mortal self grows and lives its life and quickly develops a strong sense of individuality. Normally, it knows nothing but the life it is living now, and has little or no contact with its own spiritual higher self.

Now, through the act of living your life, your personality (a part of what you are) is created over a lifetime. This is so strong and 'real' and complex that it generates a separate being, much like a living independent eggregore (a living, thinking thought form) contained in a subtle body of living essence. This is a part of you, and your higher self is also a part of you. The higher self / subconscious mind contains all your memories and thoughts, and is for all intents and purposes the real you, the bigger you, the immortal you, the higher spiritual you.

To attempt to put the death process in a proverbial nutshell, when you die all your aspects stay together for a time, held together by the living essence body, the eggregore body, which is something like ectoplasm. But this loses substance quickly and after a time, anything from a couple of days to a few weeks, this weakens to the point where the internal aspects are released.

Where these aspects eventually go after death is completely open to conjecture, as this process is so far removed from normal human life that the concepts here are difficult to grasp, let alone understand.

The separation/division phase after death is a crucial time, as what happens next is very important. If the whole being that is you has, during life, achieved full integration and balance, a kind of immortal super being is created. This being transcends the need for physical incarnation and begins a new life in a high level of the spirit world. This event heralds the beginning of a new life evolutionary direction, the way of the masters.

However, if integration and balance have not been achieved during life, a profound division occurs.

The higher self or Spirit (a divine and immortal aspect of you) returns to its natural divine level.

The subconscious aspect of your mortal self can be called 'Soul'. This fades into a spiritual environment most suited to its condition. And where this aspect goes is strongly affected by one's beliefs. This can be a heavenly area, or a created area where it can resolve any problems that it has accumulated during life.

After a timeless period which cannot be measured (this could be months or many centuries) when every last drop of life experience has been understood and resolved and balanced and integrated, when understanding has been fully realized, the Soul then lets go of its created environment and fades into mystery. This aspect will then probably reincarnate into a new life somewhere in the physical dimension. Another way of saying this is that the Soul is eventually reunited with its Spirit, and together they again reincarnate into a new life in the physical dimension.

Going back a bit to a time closer to death, the spiritual separation process leaves its eggregore aspect in the astral, like a semi living astral echo. This can continue independently for some time, depending on the strength of personality that created it. But this aspect does not have its full memories, and has no mental processing powers to speak of. This can wander as a ghost, and various things can happen, but it will usually settle into the lowest astral plane. There it will relive aspects of its life like a robot, until it eventually fades away. This astral level can be experienced during OBE, if one goes beneath ground in a cemetary. This is a shadowy world full of wandering dead people. They don't know they are dead because they have very limited memory and reasoning powers.

Another way of describing the above scenario is that, during life, traumatic psycholgical events cause parts of a living person to split away, and that these 'splinters' are the semi living shadows that exist in these shadowy realms. This is probably quite accurate as by large these 'splinters' seem to be reliving a single life event, eg, the event that created them as a spliter of their original whole.

Now, the essential process of the aftermath of death produces two completely different aspects of being: the subconscious mind, which could be called the Soul, and the higher self, which could be called the divine essence or Spirit; to borrow the terms. (These terms can be reversed or replaced with others if one pleases).

The Soul aspect contains a complete and perfect memory record of every moment of its mortal existence, but limited logic and reasoning powers.

The Spirit aspect contains the reasoning and logical powers, and the divine essence, but has no earthly memories to speak of.

So, when separated, these spiritual aspects cannot function as they did during mortal life. The spirit aspect could be very much like how I remember existing as an unborn child, eg, it knows everything but cannot use words to describe or express anything. And what memories it might have are so abstract as to be ungraspable and ineffable.

The Soul aspect may remember everything, but it has little or no reasoning power with which to use its memories to express itself and interact with its environment.

Another way of describing the above is that the Spirit and Soul aspects of a person stay together, but the memories of that person's life are forgotten. In spiritual texts this has been described as moving through a realm or valley of forgetfulness, at some point after death. And once the memories are gone, it is then free to reincarnate, etc.

The above may seem a bit confusing in some areas, but its the best I can do in a spontaneous forum post.

For some great reading on this matter, including lots of supporting evidence, try to get hold of a copy of Peter Novak's book, "The Lost Secret of Death: our divided Souls and the afterlife". (Published by Hampton Roads, 2003). Peter puts this together very well and I highly recommend his book.

Take care, Robert.

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

shaman

Thanks so much Robert, for you long explanation!

These people who are reaching balance during the present life and will not re-incarnate after their death, is there a way to recognize them? And are they many of them among us? or just a tiny fraction. Are these people like (say) Jesus Christ, or (say) other "prophets" (such a Mohamed, or Elyahu)? or they could also be the "homeless" at the corner of the street? are they coming back sometime to help others?

Cheers.

Tab

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Bruce

I became conscious in my mother's womb, a couple of months before birth I think; although I cannot put an actual time to this for obvious reasons. I have vivid memories of existing in the womb, and of babyhood, prams and bottles and learning to walk, etc. These memories are images, of sights and sounds (including voices), smells and tastes and textures, and feelings and impressions, etc. I remember that I was highly empathic, as all babies are, and could clearly sense the 'mood' of everyone around me.

One thing I remember clearly from my womb time was an audible vibration that permeated me. This was a continual hum that sounded like a deep and gentle 'Aummmmmmmmm' in the background. I also remember a sense of ineffable boredom, and a profound emptiness.

My state of mind before I learned language was very profound and logical. I lived in the 'now' and thought in images and feelings. I felt an incredibly ancient and profound bigness about my mind. I definitely was not a mindless baby. I had profound intellect and strong logical processes, albeit with no experience memories or knowledge or language with which to back them up or apply them to myself or my environment.

Strange... I have no distinct early memories like that. But when picturing that scenario, I got an.. odd feeling. Whenever I think of it I get a chill. It's just an eerie.. familiarity. I dunno. Interesting..

Robert Bruce

G'day Folks!

As for how many 'enlightened' beings there are in the world today that may transcend the reincarnational wheel, this is difficult to ascertain. And how one could identify such a person is also difficult, because this depends on what a person chooses to do in one's life. Some enlightened persons may choose to stay hidden in a life of quiet contemplation. Some may decide to affect the world more visibly.

I also think it is possible for an enlightened person or spirit master to choose to incarnate again in order to help the world. These beings can be identified by their creative actions and powerful love of humanity and of all life.

The computer analogy given by Mobius above is quite good. Three things are required for a computer to function: the computer hardware, the software, and the 'energy' to power it all. Together they work and compute. But divided they are not quite the same. The hardware could represent the physical body. The Software could represent the subconscious mind. The 'energy' could represent the divine spark of the higher self.

Below is an excerpt from the rough draft of Mastering Astral Projection. As you can see, I have tried to explain the processes and aspects of the energy body more clearly. This is not easy task. But this may help shed some light onto my earlier post on the death process and the higher self.

Basically, the higher your level of consciousness, the more strongly your higher self will manifest through you.

Take care, Robert.

Your Fundamental Energy Body

Your fundamental energy body is closely related to your physical body, the part that resides within you during your lifetime.  This is intimately involved with all biological life processes, plus all subtle energy processes, including OBE and psychic abilities.  The fundamental energy body can be thought of as the part of you that links your physical aspect with all your nonphysical aspects.  This is what you have been manipulating with
the body awareness techniques you began practicing last week.

The fundamental energy body cannot leave the confines of the physical body, with the possible exception being a NDE (near-death experience), which would account for the stunning power and clarity of NDE.

The fundamental energy body has various aspects.  As said, there is an aspect associated with biological functioning and bodily intelligence. There is also an aspect made up of at least several primary energy centers (also called major chakras), three main energy storage centers, plus hundreds of secondary energy centers (small chakras) and dense patches of energy exchange ports.  Additionally, there is also an aspect that internally generates subtle bodies (the aspect responsible for projection).

The very first subtle body generated is always internal.  This can be called 'the etheric body'.  This is the subtle body into which your thinking consciousness first transfers when you fall asleep, or when you enter the trance state.

The trance state is where your physical body falls asleep while your mind stays awake.  This is heralded by a warm, heavy and blissful wave, which happens for just a few moments before you fall asleep.  If you hold your hands up, forearms vertical with elbows on the bed, while falling asleep, you will experience the trance state for a little longer than usual. This internal projection of consciousness into the etheric body (the trance state) is the first step of the staggered OBE projection process.

All aspects of your energy body are enmeshed within your physical body.  These are never projected during an OBE.  They are best thought of as the parts that keep you alive, generates all subtle bodies, anchors these to your physical body, and supports them while they are out of your body.

Your Etheric Body:

The etheric body is first generated when the trance state is achieved. This is much like the projected double, but it cannot fully separate from the physical body.  It can, however, develop various astral abilities and some freedom of movement within the physical body, in the full trance state and especially in the pre-OBE exit state.  At these times it shares some of the properties of the fundamental energy body and some of the astral double. It can also be said to be part physical body and part spirit body, a kind of
ectoplasmic in-between state of existence.

To speculate, when the complete etheric body is internally generated, not only consciousness is transferred into it but also the mind/spirit/soul/ essence. The mind can be awake or asleep, but the spirit/soul essence is always conscious at some level during sleeping, dreaming and OBE.  This makes a lot of sense, as there must be a natural basis for these internal transfers of consciousness.  It is only in this state that out of body
projection becomes possible.  But a study of the Mind Split effect suggests that the whole mind/spirit/soul unity is not projected outside the physical body; only a copy is projected.  Logic suggests that this is a natural phenomenon, designed to protect the physical body and its mind/spirit/soul unit during OBE.  In a way, it could be said that the mind/spirit/soul occupies and guards its earthly vehicle at all times.

The etheric body is most likely responsible for the phenomena of astral sight and hearing, because the etheric body can stay conscious while an OBE is in progress.  It can hear and see into the real time zone, and even into the higher levels of the astral at times.  It has limited movement inside the physical body, and with practice one can even turn around and face the other way, e.g., moving around inside one's own skin.

These astral perceptions and movement abilities can be functional during an OBE, where a projector is conscious of operating out of body as well as being conscious inside his/her paralyzed physical/etheric body. This duality of consciousness involves a full Mind Split effect.  But it is rare for a projector to experience the full mind split effect directly, e.g., for his/her conscious internal aspect to interact directly with his/her own projected aspect during an OBE.

However, memories of duality, of existing in two places simultaneously during an OBE, are common if you examine case histories.  For example, projectors remember being at remote locations, but while also being aware of real life events and sounds near their physical bodies.  Memories of flicking back and forth between the projected double and the physical body are also commonly experienced.

The etheric body and/or its projectable double are probably also involved in the common experience where people feel only a part of their astral body floating out of their physical bodies.  For example, they might feel their legs or arms or heads-and-shoulders floating free, but with no full projection occurring.  This can also be considered to be a partial projection, where only a part of the projectable double is generated.

Your Projectable Double:

During the OBE exit process, the fundamental energy body combines with its etheric body to produce an internal projectable double.  When the projectable double is produced, another internal shift of consciousness occurs, from the etheric body to the projectable double.  But this shift generally goes unnoticed.

When the OBE exit reflex is triggered, a projector feels him/herself shifting out of body.  This is usually a quite noticeable and visceral sensation.  Once projected, the projectable double is then called the astral double, e.g., these are one and the same.  This makes sense if you look at the whole projection process, which is a staggered affair, e.g., from physical body to etheric body, then from projectable double to projected double, and so on.

Your Real-time Astral Body

Next in line there is your "real-time" astral double.  This is the vehicle of consciousness that is projected into the real-time zone (the part of the astral dimension that looks like normal waking reality).  Some people call the "real-time" projectable double the "etheric body" and say this can be projected out of body.  But we prefer to call this the real-time astral body, with its natural environment being the real-time astral zone, because these terms are more descriptive.  Popular Eastern terminology does not do these aspects justice, so we clarified with clearer Western terms. RB.

and so on......  (RB)

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

Robert Bruce

G'day Tab!

I forgot to comment on your post.

I think it is possible for just about anyone to push their memories back to the womb.

I did this over a few years during meditation sessions. What I did was, to push my memories back as far as I could, and then relive my earliest memory and wait for associations to surface.

Basically, I found one memory from when I was about 5 or 6. I relived this and found an earlier memory surfaced. I relived the new one and the same thing happened. In this way, I worked my way back to when I first became conscious.

The memories are there, you just have to dig them out.

When I got back to babyhood, bottles and nappies and etc, a memory of a colour kept appearing. This is the same colour you get if you hold a flashlight in your hand, with the light shining through your fingers; a kind of orange/pink. Note that light penetrates flesh, and babies do not live in total darkness inside their mothers.

Anyway, I focused on this colour while in the 'reliving' of my earliest memory, and womb memories appeared. They key to this was my father's and mother's voices, which appeared in my first womb memory.

I have not tried to go beyond that stage as yet.

Take care, Robert.
Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

Cloud

Robert Bruce:     "Your higher self is a part of THE ONE, so close to THE ONE that it could also be called God. I say this because it is difficult to divide a whole from its parts, or a spark from its fire, or a drop of seawater from the ocean. The only differences are size and volume."

So we are a part of God then, in some way. We were split from the ONE? Isnt physical life all about learning to became a part of the ONEl. If we are already from THE ONE than what is the purpose of physical living.

sorry if i confuse you, im confused myself.

,Cloud

Hephaestus

Babys cannot see within the womb, A: Their eyes are constantly shut once developed and B: a babys eyes are incapable of focusing. You can see when a full grown baby has just been born their eyes are closed and they dont open them for hours - only reason they open them is because they're no longer in the womb.
Hearing within the womb yes, seeing - no. [|)]

of course, im looking forward to be proven wrong - if one can. [;)]

shaman

Hey Heph...

You can close your eyes and when you are in the sun you will notice that you actually see some oragne-pink colors behind your eyelids. Maybe this is whay Robert is talking about? You know the life of an unborn baby is quite advanced than previously thought. Some babies already suck their thumb there, and quite early; others respond to sounds, voices;

I have a more fundamental question for Robert Bruce however, it is the one of abortion. When is the biological body inhabitated by us? at what early stage? Is it in the first seconds of the egg? Or is it much later? I asked that because many think that abortion is OK, but if we are already there so early as a foetus then there might be a real problem?

Thanks again for your explanations.

Tao

Hello - Robert Bruce
I saw that you are answearing alot here - and first i want apologise to all who posted here for being off topic..

I can`t get your book Robert.. Astral Dynamics is not to be found in my country libraries (if searched in 3 cities this summer lol) and AMAZON doesn`t ship in Romania, because of the hackers who would use others credit cards to buy stuff from them...

So I can`t FIND IT (it is expensive too :)).. if you can help me.. i`ll send you the money and you'll send me the book - would be great.. i MUST READ IT :D

Hope you can help,
Mihai

seth817

Humans have a higher self (atma). How bout other life forms like dogs or cats or how bout even astral wild life are all of these things part of some oversoul or higher self?  I mean they must have some purpose for existing. ps. how about plants?

rodentmouse

and insects.

how conscious are ants?

Tab

Rob, thanks for the tip about working backwards through the memories. It works, and I've been able to dig back to around 2 or 3 in a regular thought/contemplation scenario (that is, I wasn't putting all my energy into meditating on the memories). I think it might take some intense meditation to get past there though.. not sure quite yet. I'm suddenly recalling a lot of memories from the 2-5 age range though. Granted, I'm only 17, but I'm hard pressed to clearly remember stuff from 7 years ago, much less 14.

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hi Mr. Bruce, I would very much like it if you could answer me this one question I´ve been pondering on for a while, I just got a copy of your "Astral Dynamics", and found something that doesn´t make much sence to me at this stage.
 On page 36 it sais;
"The etheric body not only generates all projectable doubles, but it also provides the energy substance required to maintain the seperate existence and functionality of all external subtle bodies. The etheric body can aptly be described as being the base-level generator and energy supplier of all subtle bodies."

And then further down on that same page it sais;

"The etheric body is the energy fountain. It is the foundation of all biological life processes and the bioenergetic generator and maintainer of all pure-energetic functions. The etheric body depends on complex bioenergetic links with its physical body for all its energy needs, to fuel and enable its pure-energetic functions."

This to me means that the energetic body can´t live without the physical body, and since the energetic body is said to provide the energy substance required to maintain the seperate existence and functionality of all external subtle bodies (including whatever bod/y/ies we project our conciousness to when we die)- how can one still exist after "death" with ones concious identity still intact??

Perhaps anyone else with insight could answer this one as well!?

In friendship// "Qui-Gon"