A different approach to understanding OBEs

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

clandestino

Nice thread !

For me, there are two ways it'll happen. The first is when I become lucid during a dream. I'll notice that there is something "not quite right" with my environment, & my awareness is raised. I sense the possibility of making my whole experience clearer, & I try to take this opportunity.

Perhaps I could compare this sensation, to the feeling you get when you are day-dreaming & then you suddenly realise where you are, e.g. sitting in your office, in a classroom, etc. That transition pretty much describes it.

The second way I project, although much less common, is by conciously willing the projection. On these instances, the feeling is very much one of "travelling without moving". I begin, knowing that I am lying on my bed with my eyes shut. As I progress (if all goes according to plan), I no longer feel myself in my bed. As I progress further, I sense that I am able to "tune in" to an astral location. If I relax my mind, but stay focussed at the same time, I can move into an astral realm.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Leo Volont

It does seem that all the methodology and will power in the world can not equal what happens when the Conscious Energy just seems to rise, like Major Tom's 'Wave', and that Conscious Energy just sort of seems to turn on the lights and make everything relatively easy.  What's more, you can feel that same energy weakening when it's on the wane, and you know you are about to fall back into the ordinary.  Then there is nothing really to do but live right and wait for next time.

ralphm

Glad to see you posting a lot again Tom, the last I remember is that you were saying your goodbyes. Unfortunately I am not so analytical as some, which reminds me, whatever happened to upstream, he sure had the analytical bent?
As for riding the wave, I feel it as the causative agent for obe's-about once a month I get awakened at least 3 times a night with vibrations and usually a couple of obe's. Unfortunately lately they are not real exciting but I seem to have more awareness of my sleeping body and a more varied range of experiences-such as other times I become lucid in a dream and start flying upwards and experience a sort of obe.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Snow Pellets

If you keep your "mindset" on the wave turning your light of consciousness on as you slowly drift off to sleep (WITHOUT trying to maintain awareness initially, but whil e holding onto the thought that you WILL be conscious shortly after your mind falls asleep)?