What the hell happened, I mean holy crap!

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

Okay, I've been itching all weekend to get on the net and now I'm here.

Let me explain and sorry if it's long winded cause I need to give you as much info as I can and I haven't been able to talk about it with anyone because no one would understand.  Breathe in, breathe out.

I recently read some great topics on phasing and the focus levels.  A paper by Major Tom and some great posts by Frank.  I decided to give focus levels a shot for a while becaue I hadn't been having too much luck with trying AP.  Friday night, I lay down and relaxed like I usually did and actually managed to get to focus 10.  No fear, nothing, just a plesent floating inside my own head.  I ended up watching some little geometric white shapes flash in front of my eyes like something weird on a static TV screen.  I got bored and decided to roll over and go to sleep.  I had a couple of dreams that weren't really relevent to what happened but were vivid and I recalled them which I usually can't do.

I woke up around 8am (oh, and fell asleep before 11pm last night), and went to let the dog out.  I then went backt to bed and decided to try focus 10 again because of the success I had.  I managed to get back in under half an hour like the last night and ended up watching green and orange swirls for a while until my leg twitched and I got bored again.  I wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't for at least an hour and when I finally did, I had another two dreams which switched to semi lucid and I woke myself up.  I tried to sleep again but got four shots of paralysis and became annoyed.  Eventually I managed sleep again but then the thing that totally freaked me out happened.  I was lying on my stomach and suddenly my bed seemed to lean towards the ground and I esentially felt myself falling through my bed.  I floated to the floor under my bed and lay there for a moment thinking OMG I APed but then I tried to move and couldn't.  I then realized that the underneath of my bed didn't look like the under of my real be (cause it was too clean).  I tried to mvoe my fingers and opened my eyes.

The odd part is, it happened again.  I tried to fall back to sleep again and fell through my bed again.  I wasn't afraid and this time I could move.  I managed to crawl out from under my bed.  I noticed that everything I saw seemed to ripple, like static flashing across my vision like a bad picture on a TV, big slash recurring through the middle.  I stood up and stumbled over to the mirror on the back of my door and looked at myself (cause if I ever APed, that's what I planned to do), I looked different to me and wasn't wearing my pajamas and then I turned and looked back at my bed but couldn't see me.  I thought I couldn't be APing if I couldn't see me.  So, I walked back to my bed and decided to try and fly (I always try this in lucid dreams), I jumped and there was only a brief hesitation and then I landed on my bed.  Movement wasn't fluid like APing should be, it was jerky and I was stumbling.  I woke up again and got up, deciding not to risk whatever happened again.

Basically, I'm confused.  I reached focus 10 another time since Saturday morning (when this happened) and besides what I've stated here (and falling into a parallel Universe), I'm confused and kind of un-balanced by what happened.  I know people that have read my posts before have said reaching paralysis is a good think but this is different.  I don't want to reach it, it just happens every now and then, especially early in the morning like 3am or something stupid like that.  It just hits me and I can't move and it isn't at all plesent.  As far as falling through the bed goes, aside from being rather fun and aside from me being pleased with myself from reaching focus 10, almost even 12, I'm totally confused and really need answers.  I've only talked to my friend that's trying AP too and I know more than her.

I'd like to know, what the hell happened, why and anything else anyone can tell me because nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Mustardseed

Well first of all you should calm down. :lol:  As for telling you what happened................ thats another thing. It seems it could be either 1 of two things. Either you projected and reentered or you had what is termed a false awakening. Sometimes your mind will play tricks on you and you can actually have very real OBE dreams. They are most likely made up of what you "Think" should happen". I have had a number of these myself.  Actually the very thing that you seem to count against it being an AP is the very thing that is the best indication of the opposite. You said movement was difficult. This is very often the case in early APs.

Regards Mustardseed
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

laiana

I found one time when I accidentelly "APd" I was stumbling around and kept floating upside down.

It was kind of stupid really!

Andali27

The thing I'm confused about is ending up under my bed and the underside of my bed wasn't my current messy underside and in fact had a few things belonging to me but I was confused as to why I ended up under my bed and then stood up when I could.

Andali

P.S. I am calm, just frustrated and confused
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

TOTALANATION

Frank

Okay, I've been itching all weekend to get on the net and now I'm here. Let me explain and sorry if it's long winded cause I need to give you as much info as I can and I haven't been able to talk about it with anyone because no one would understand. Breathe in, breathe out.

I ended up watching some little geometric white shapes flash in front of my eyes like something weird on a static TV screen.

This effect is typical of the focus 12 state.

I got bored and decided to roll over and go to sleep. I had a couple of dreams that weren't really relevent to what happened but were vivid and I recalled them which I usually can't do.

I woke up around 8am (oh, and fell asleep before 11pm last night), and went to let the dog out. I then went backt to bed and decided to try focus 10 again because of the success I had. I managed to get back in under half an hour like the last night and ended up watching green and orange swirls for a while.

Focus 12 state typical characteristics, again.

I was lying on my stomach and suddenly my bed seemed to lean towards the ground and I esentially felt myself falling through my bed. I floated to the floor under my bed and lay there for a moment thinking OMG I APed but then I tried to move and couldn't. I then realized that the underneath of my bed didn't look like the under of my real be (cause it was too clean). I tried to mvoe my fingers and opened my eyes.

You had a spontaneous projection into the real-time zone. But with very little control and significant reality distortions.

The odd part is, it happened again. I tried to fall back to sleep again and fell through my bed again. I wasn't afraid and this time I could move. I managed to crawl out from under my bed. I noticed that everything I saw seemed to ripple, like static flashing across my vision like a bad picture on a TV, big slash recurring through the middle.

Again a spontaneous projection into the real-time zone. Such visual distortions are very normal (at first).

I stood up and stumbled over to the mirror on the back of my door and looked at myself (cause if I ever APed, that's what I planned to do), I looked different to me and wasn't wearing my pajamas and then I turned and looked back at my bed but couldn't see me. I thought I couldn't be APing if I couldn't see me. So, I walked back to my bed and decided to try and fly (I always try this in lucid dreams), I jumped and there was only a brief hesitation and then I landed on my bed. Movement wasn't fluid like APing should be, it was jerky and I was stumbling. I woke up again and got up, deciding not to risk whatever happened again.

All very normal. There is no saying you will see your physical body on your bed. When you say you were not wearing your pyjamas are you saying you looked as if you were naked, or were you wearing some other clothing? Flying is a problem when in the real-time zone as you are typically subject to similar belief-system constraints as you are while physical as the near-physical environment locks you into them (such as gravity).

Jerky and stumbling, all very typical of first times RTZ experiences.

Basically, I'm confused. I reached focus 10 another time since Saturday morning (when this happened) and besides what I've stated here (and falling into a parallel Universe), I'm confused and kind of un-balanced by what happened.

Of course you will be, you just objectively entered a subjective realm of reality while primarily focused within the physical! Confusion is the name of the game at first. That is where the challenge lies.

Yours,
Frank

Potatis

Great post, with great replies! Very educational!

Potatis

Andali27

When you say you were not wearing your pyjamas are you saying you looked as if you were naked, or were you wearing some other clothing?

I was wearing some other clothing and I remember the color orange, somewhere around my hair but if that might have been aura, mine is usually green.

Aside from that, I looked different in apperence, even my face but I knew it was me at the same time.  I didn't totally like nor understand what I saw but if they were both spontaneous projections, then whoopie!  And getting to focus 12!  Well, I didn't really expect to get any father than MABA.  Maybe that's why I got there, from 'noticing' as you've said once Frank, and not taking interest is what's going on.  I didn't have expectation and I let whatever happen happen.

Perhaps you expect your room to be an exact replica of the physical during an OBE that makes you confused?

Kind of, yeah, I did expect that.  It was basically exact save the underside of the bed which I strangely ended up (though falling felt nice).  I knew where I was was different from the norm because it was darker then it really was at 10am in the morning which is probably about the time it happened.

Thanks for the congrats Major Tom, even though it was unexpected, I'm happy now I have confirmation I've actually done something right pretty much without trying.  As far as talent goes, hmmm....

Of course you will be, you just objectively entered a subjective realm of reality while primarily focused within the physical! Confusion is the name of the game at first. That is where the challenge lies.

So I did go to a parallel realm to my own room, sweet! and it was a different time too!  Sunset maybe?  Feels right to me.

The only reason I wanted to fly, was because that's what I end up doing whenever I lucid dream.  As soon as I realize I'm dreaming, instead of looking at my hands, I fly.

Something else, now the scenario is seeming familar because I recall I use to have what I deemed a recurring dream about getting up but not really being able to see or walk properly and I usually didn't manage to even get a few feet from my bed before I ended up waking up.  Maybe I've been projecting all along?

The odd thing about this experience was, I felt nothing else that I read that seems to accompany OBEs, like the 'butterfly feeling' aka, heart chakra, or vibrations or nothing.  That's what I've grown to expect because of the very first experience of a semi OBE I had, where everything went pretty much to the book but I ran out of energy before I was out.

I recall now, the distortion faded by the time I made it to the mirror, interesting.

Any thoughts?

Andali

TOTALANATION

Andali27

Well, thanks for all the help everyone!  I've been on a high most of the day jumping up and down and exclaiming 'I did it, I did it!', of course, my friends are asking me what 'it' is and I simply say, grinning from ear to ear 'I fell through my bed!' of course, one girl I know keeps calling out to me 'don't fall through the floor now!'  *sigh*  And I have to keep saying, no, I didn't break the bed, jk.  :P

Anyway, the help you guys have given me is great and I'm looking forward to next Saturday morning where I'll give it another shot (the problem will be actually doing it on purpose this time) but now I have more of an idea as to what is going on, I'm sure I'll be more confident and willing to let go, maybe I'll walk through a wall, hmmm.  As for this real time zone thing, I like the sound of it and have had fun so far looking into some posts in the FAQ section.

QuoteFlying is a problem when in the real-time zone as you are typically subject to similar belief-system constraints as you are while physical as the near-physical environment locks you into them (such as gravity).

Maybe I'll fly later, hmm?

Andali

P.S. Thanks again!

no trees were harmed in the sending on this message, however many electrons were terribly inconvenienced![/quote]

TOTALANATION

stone

Quote from: Andali27The thing I'm confused about is ending up under my bed and the underside of my bed wasn't my current messy underside and in fact had a few things belonging to me but I was confused as to why I ended up under my bed and then stood up when I could.

I know how important Astral Projection is to you, so allow me to say this... congratulations.  You projected.  Astrally.

As for the underside of your bed not looking the way it should...

Well, many times when I've gotten out of my body, my room has been RADICALLY different.  My walls have been wallpapered, purple, orange...  My bed has been on the ceiling.  My floor has been covered in objects that weren't mine.  

When we project we enter into the hazy domain where thought, imagination, and memory are the ruling kings.  Perhaps you were under your bed the way it looked six months ago.  Perhaps someone is telling you in a cheeky sort of way that you should clean under your bed ;)

But based on everything you've said.  It sounds like you've dreamed, wished and loved for long enough... and the focus exercises are just what you needed to loosen up your second skin so it could slip out... in this case literally.  I mean, you fell straight through your bed.

Sounds to me like you've stepped over the threshold and have had what I would call, an out of body experience.

cheers,
Stone

Andali27

Thanks Stone!  Glad I'm making progress!

TOTALANATION

Wells

Could somebody link me to this "Level 10" and 12 stuff, it sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Frank

The terms were first coined by Bob Monroe and there are a number of posts on this very topic. Please see the FAQ section and the Sticky-Post section for more info. Take a look through first, then if you have any bits and bobs you can't get to grips with then by all means post in the Astral Consciousness section and we will do our best to clarify for you.

Yours,
Frank