Trapped inside my body?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzytaz

First of all I would like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences as I learned much about OOBE which I didn't even know it was a thing until a few days ago.

So this is my first post and I've decided to do this because I want to talk about it and I have a ton of questions regarding my experiences, plus I have no one to talk to, as they would think I'm crazy.
About a week ago I had the weirdest dream, I remember running for the bus when suddenly a random guy jumps in front of me and sprays me with some kind of drugs he had. I immediately fell to the ground and felt some intense vibrations in my body for a couple of seconds as I was waking up. That was so scary and confusing. I didn't know what it was, what triggered it or what it could possibly mean, but I did know one thing and I could feel it: something changed.

Couple of days go by and the experience is almost forgotten, until 2 nights ago, when the vibrations came back, and this time they came HARD. I've had them maybe 4-5 times in a row, it came to the point where I would be scared to even fall asleep, as I would wake up by the terrifying vibrations again. The last time I had them I think I experienced what is called an OOBE. I was aware that my body was sleeping, and I knew I was dreaming, but man what a nightmare...The vibrations were so unconfortable and so terrifying, but only if it would've been just that...I felt trapped inside my body, I couldn't wake up no matter what I did, I remember shaking and screaming, at some point even tried to open my eyes with my fingers, but none of it seemed to work. It was like some dark force was forcefully keeping me there.

So eventually I woke up, praying that it would never happen again, but then i did some research and I found out that I can controll it and eventually having awesome experiences, but I still don't know what to do or how to overcome fear when the vibrations come again.

Lumaza

First off, welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

There is quite a bit we can all say about your experience. But for now, I will just give you this Sticky here to read. It should help you understand what happened and why. After you have familiarized yourself with that thread and have a better understanding of the whats and whys, we can aide you in utilizing this "paralysis" state to further your NP (Non Physical) experiences and explorations there. It should answer quite a few of your initial inquiries. Many, if not all of us here have experienced this phenomenon at one time or another. I still experience it regularly even today. Yes, it can be the most terrifying thing you can experience. But once you learn how to allow it to occur and see it through you will open your eyes to a whole new way of thinking. While in that state, thought = action instantaneously. So, things can get out of control very quickly. You will learn in time to control your thoughts though.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html

You will find the Stickies on the Astral Pulse to be quite helpful!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

Welcome to the Pulse Gizzytaz. Like Lumaza stated we can help you and Lu has given you an excellent place to start. Spend some time there and try to relax. We survived and you will too. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Gizzytaz

Thank you so much for your support and for the informations that indeed helped me form an idea about what happened.

Since I haven't experienced SP anymore after that night, I became more interested in voluntarily inducing myself into the non-physical, aka Astral Projection, as I've learned that SP isn't the primarily way used to get there. So I read Xanth's book (which I love btw) and I think I found the best technique that would work for me, since I find myself doing that quite often during daytime, something that he reffers to as a Mental Rundown. It's when you create an imagined scenario and if properly done with enough intensity, it has the potential for you to "step into your imagination, in full techni-colour 3D."

Of course you already know all of this, but the problem for me here is that as much as I try to focus, I still fail everytime. For sure it sometimes gets very intense, almost like I'm there, but I'm always more aware of my physical senses than I am of the non-physical ones. That long-expected shift between the body and conciousness never happens.

What am I missing?

Lumaza

Quote from: Gizzytaz on November 18, 2020, 15:11:19
What am I missing?
You aren't missing anything. Now it is time to apply the three "Ps". Those are "PRACTICE, PATIENCE and lastly, Perseverance !

I do a Phase session almost everyday. It has become a welcome part of my daily life. You can read more about this in this Sticky here that I created. It shows how I began with something simple like Geometric shapes and colors. I then began experimenting with all kinds of things and soon found that the answer for me at least was to use a focus based on "motion". That took me farther and faster then I could even imagine!
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

Also welcome Gizzytaz,

It's like going on a sea cruise and learning to roll with the ship and sea, getting your "sea legs" it is called. Same thing with the OBE. You have actually described it well and noticed the difference between your normal 5 Physical Reality senses and this obvious introduction of a new set of senses. That, by itself, is a great recognition! Big thing now is to try hard to lose any fear.

Your rapid introduction to the OBE is likely not by accident, so understand that you have Non-Physical friends and support and you are protected. Let it happen and have fun; did you by any chance like the Indiana Jones movies?😎

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Gizzytaz

Here is a little update of my progress:

So lately I've been trying to project like crazy and all I can say is that everytime I did, I made a successfull step into what seems to be a very long journey I have to make in order to be able to fully project. Something always keeps me down and wouldn't let me do it just yet, almost like they're saying "Not now, you're not ready yet!". But after every session I feel super relaxed and refreshed and I get that feeling of making more and more progress in this journey, usually followed by legit happiness.

Everything makes much more sense now, and I came to realize that EV was sooo right about my first OBE experience not being by accident, as it has come in a perfect time of my life. I now know why I experienced those awful things and what were they trying to show me.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on November 20, 2020, 06:29:17
did you by any chance like the Indiana Jones movies?😎
I've always liked adventure type movies, just not Indiana Jones in particular. Just curious, why you ask?

Lumaza

Quote from: Gizzytaz on November 21, 2020, 11:53:57

Everything makes much more sense now, and I came to realize that EV was sooo right about my first OBE experience not being by accident, as it has come in a perfect time of my life.

Many people will get that "wake up" call, yet only a few truly answer it. To answer it goes against everything they have learned in this physical school here that we call Earth.

EscapeVelocity

Okay, so forget Indiana Jones...how about Jumanji? I like that one better for its especially unexpected situations in all three of the movies. That is probably a closer reflection of our astral experiences. My attempt at a humorous inference was for you to be ready for them! :-D

The "wake up call"- We could and should start a new thread on just that. I've noticed it in my experiences and for so many others. It's like going to a hotel and calling the front desk for a 6am wake up call. Twenty years ago, we set the bedside alarm and called the front desk as a back up...now, we usually just trust our cell phone setting...
For most of us experiencers, it's like a certain series of 'triggering events' needs to happen and then boom! the experiences begin or the vibrations hit us almost unmercifully until we are forced to pay attention to them. Another type of 'preset alarm' that I have never experienced but have read from many others is pretty common it seems, and that is the 'wedding alarm'...girl meets guy and she says wedding bells rang in her head instantly...guy meets girl and a voice in his head says 'she is the woman you will marry'...I've read about this pattern so many times, but I don't know personally; the women always seem to get the bells and the guys get the voice...
Before we enter into our Physical lives, do many of us program certain 'alarms' for significant events to happen? It sure seems that way.

The vibrations as Gizzytaz has described them are what happened to me after reading Monroe's first book and trying to induce them; once they started I could not stop them and it was thrilling and a bit terrifying. Within a few years, I was able to tie in the vibrations to the Sleep Paralysis state, the Dream state and then come to some understanding of the Mind Awake/Body Asleep state and the potential that afforded for OBE explorations.
Today, we have a number of resources and one of those I will mention: Wikipedia has aspects I disagree with but does have a good reference page on Sleep Paralysis if you type in a search on 'Night hag'...the information can help allay some fears and you can see how widespread SP is and across Time and cultures.
Hope that helps in everybody's researches...

EV 
                                                          -O. Wilde

Gizzytaz

I did it! Wow. I finally did it!!

I just woke up from my first true OBE! Theres a whole new world to explore!!!

I didn't make much of it because for some reason I couldn't move properly(I hope that goes in time), like I was on the floor and standing up would mean so much effort.
It was exactely like when I had SP, when I felt trapped inside, only this time I got out and wasn't afraid anymore!
Basically my whole experience was 2-3 minutes standing up near my bed, blown out of my mind, just looking and getting used to that feeling because man I'm gonna need to...

Anyone was also blown away just by looking at their phones?  :-D
Anyway THANK YOU all so much for supporting me, as I don't think I would've done it so quick without this forum. I was afraid it might take a couple of years. I look forward to explore this new world and now that I took my first steps into it the rest is downhill, so I've learned.

Bob_the_floater

Congratulations on your first OBE!

Quote from: Gizzytaz on November 25, 2020, 06:19:38
Basically my whole experience was 2-3 minutes standing up near my bed, blown out of my mind, just looking and getting used to that feeling because man I'm gonna need to...
Yeah, it's quite a trip seeing your physical self from the NP for the first time  :-D

I look forward to explore this new world and now that I took my first steps into it the rest is downhill, so I've learned.
I don't want to discourage you in any way, but that has not been my experience. Can remember the first time it happened for me like it was yesterday, remember thinking how easy it was and being all excited about finally knowing how to do it, boy was I wrong. But hey maybe your a natural at it, best of luck "out there"  :-)
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

Gizzytaz

Hello again everyone!

It's been a while since I haven't posted on this forum, and now I want to share with you my experience that I had this morning.

So I'm laying down after waking up around 4 AM trying to project like usual, not knowing if it would be successful or not. I've had maybe 10-15 OBEs before, but all of them were nothing more than 1-2 minutes walking in my room, sometimes even got back in my body right after hitting the floor, but this time was different....
   Multiple OBEs in a row were needed in order for this to happen, and when it did, I felt like it was too much for me and I wanted to wake up, but it was too late for that...Finally when i surrendered to the experience, I was suddenly catapulted straight up with unimaginable speed. The sensation was amazing, and at some point up the road, some non-psyhical being appeared to me looking like he wanted me to grab his hand. I did it only after a few restrains that I had, and what happened next is something that my knowlegde in writing can't even explain...Long story short, I was travelling through space.

When I first started this topic I had no ideea what I am getting into, but now I am so grateful for this experience and for that "wake up" call that I got out of nowhere, for my lifestyle and my thinking has changed completely.

Happy new year everyone and again thank you those who were by my side in discovering my path in this beautiful world that we live in  :-)

Xanth

Quote from: Gizzytaz on January 09, 2021, 02:09:58
  Hello again everyone!

It's been a while since I haven't posted on this forum, and now I want to share with you my experience that I had this morning.
Welcome back :)

QuoteSo I'm laying down after waking up around 4 AM trying to project like usual, not knowing if it would be successful or not. I've had maybe 10-15 OBEs before, but all of them were nothing more than 1-2 minutes walking in my room, sometimes even got back in my body right after hitting the floor, but this time was different....
"nothing more"... I wouldn't so easily dismiss those experiences.
Just work on not only extending those experiences, but work on transitioning yourself from one reality to another.

QuoteMultiple OBEs in a row were needed in order for this to happen, and when it did, I felt like it was too much for me and I wanted to wake up, but it was too late for that...Finally when i surrendered to the experience, I was suddenly catapulted straight up with unimaginable speed. The sensation was amazing, and at some point up the road, some non-psyhical being appeared to me looking like he wanted me to grab his hand. I did it only after a few restrains that I had, and what happened next is something that my knowlegde in writing can't even explain...Long story short, I was travelling through space.
Yes, the more you try to fight things while non-physical, the less the outcome you desire will occur.  
As I said above, work on extending these experiences.
Start to recognize the sensation you feel when you're about to wake up.  It's UNMISTAKEABLE.
Once that starts happening, bring all of your senses into the reality you're currently experiencing.  
So you say that you're in your room mostly... then look around that "non-physical" representation of your room and bring ALL of your senses to bear in it.
Look around and notice the colour of the walls... any pictures you might have.
Smell the air, REALLY smell it.  Like you would pick a flower and gently smell its aromas.
Feel around.  Touch things.  Touch EVERYTHING!!  Focus on how the things feel.  
Hear whatever might be making sounds.  Listen intently at it, like listening to a distant train whistle.  Or like a leaky faucet in the other room while you're trying to sleep.  haha

Just bring as many senses into the experience as you can and don't pay any attention to that "about to wake up" sensations.
The more you bring your focus back into the experience, the greater chance you will STAY in the experience.
I've done this exact method upwards of 6 times per experience.  Each time projecting felt like about 5 or 10 minutes.  Give or take.

So... all hope isn't lost even if you make the shift back.  As you feel yourself returning back to your bed (or where ever you are) keep your physical body eyes closed and your actual physical body COMPLETELY STILL.  DO NOT move a muscle.  Opening your eyes or moving a muscle seems to reset your awareness HERE and makes it harder.  If you haven't opened your eyes or moved a muscle, this tends to keep your awareness within the void... so just stay there and in 5 to 10 seconds (my experience, at least) you should find yourself right back to where you just left from.  

QuoteWhen I first started this topic I had no ideea what I am getting into, but now I am so grateful for this experience and for that "wake up" call that I got out of nowhere, for my lifestyle and my thinking has changed completely.

Happy new year everyone and again thank you those who were by my side in discovering my path in this beautiful world that we live in  :-)
Life has a certain way of looking out for your best interests.  :)

Happy Near Year!  And don't be a stranger.  :)

Lumaza

Quote from: Gizzytaz on January 09, 2021, 02:09:58
   ..Finally when i surrendered to the experience,

Those words that I quoted were the single most important thing in your entire post above. After you surrendered to the experience, things began to happen. We don't always need to be in control. The NP has it's own way of teaching you that quite quickly!  :wink:

EscapeVelocity

Sounds like a great experience and a significant event if you had multiple OBE exits and it can be very taxing since you don't know exactly when it will end. Ya gotta love those 4am exits! And it ended possibly with a Guide taking you by the hand for a flight through space? Awesome experience! Lose the fear and always know that you are protected; that's a key thought to keep in mind going forward.

Like Xanth recommended, notice your senses...it's a perception of the forms of the old ones and the realization of the new senses that will become open to you.

And like Lumaza said- the expression 'surrender to the experience' does not imply total capitulation, but a relaxing and trusting of events as they unfold...another expression for it is 'go with the flow'.

Nicely done!

EV
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

Well done and Happy New Year to you Gizzy. I will simply suggest that the information Xanth, Lumaza and EscapeVelocity have given you is spot on and you are doing great. Keep it up.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on January 10, 2021, 00:13:00
Sounds like a great experience and a significant event if you had multiple OBE exits and it can be very taxing since you don't know exactly when it will end.
This sounds just like what I call "Re-Scripting". The scenario keeps playing out over and over again in rapid fire, until the task at hand is finally completed the way it should be for that "test". Who this test is being initiated by, I still haven't been able to discern.

Just recently I heard a interview with a Author and Spiritual Teacher who was speaking on "Lucid Dreaming". He had all kinds of fancy names for all the different levels of LDing, like Luminal Dreaming, Sub-Luminal Dreaming, all kinds of terms. He talked about Tibetan Dream Yoga as well, something I experience still today. The technique that he teaches in seminars and workshops is basically WBTB (wake back to bed), a technique that most of here are familiar with. He had a life changing experience at age 20 while meditating that led to his fascination and immersion into the subject. That soon led to his worldwide travel where he acquired knowledge from all different disciplines and Cultures.

He did state though that Dreaming comes from the brain itself. He also said that OBEs, Astral Projecting and even NDEs come from the same area of the brain. Now the interesting part of the interview came when callers could call in with their questions. One lady spoke about how she had LDs quite frequently until the one time she had an idea to try and find the winning Lottery numbers. Not only did her LD end then and there, she couldn't have any LDs at all for a quite a while. The gentleman being interviewed replied that this is something many people experience when they attempt such a thing. He then talked about Karma and how there seemed to be some kind of "policing control mechanism" that allowed you to do some things, but not others. That to me doesn't seem like it is "brain oriented".  :? :? :? He kind of contradicted all that he had said earlier in the interview. Much of his research was based on and found while investigating the Eastern belief system of LDs and NP exploration.