Night and Day switch

Previous topic - Next topic

-lines-

Hullo, I've tried blanking my mind while going to sleep and was wondering if this is either related to it or not. After blanking my mind, my heart will race for a short time, and sometime after that I'm either asleep or not aware of anything. I'll suddenly snap awake/aware, and suck in my breath sharply. The first time that I tried this and snapped awake (my eyes are still closed), I had a controllable humming and sensation in my head which I was making last as long as I could until it stopped. I remember seeing the room as almost outlines. After I'd snap awake I'd go to sleep normally.

These next things were all within the last 30 days, I believe.

Before I started clearing my mind before sleeping, I was dreaming and managed to purposefully 'look' back into the room. All I saw was grey. I went back into the dream, told the person there that we were indeed late for work because it was daytime (and the alarm hadn't woken me up). Then I woke up, the alarm hadn't gone off, and I would have been late for school if I had woken up 15 minutes later.

Another dream similar to this was when I was sleeping during the afternoon with the television on for about 1/2 an hour. I don't remember the details of the dream, but I had 'looked' back again, into my room. The television was on and was rather bright, no lights were on so the room was dark, and it was night outside. I woke up, the lights had been off as normal, the television was (of course) still on, but the difference in what I had seen from the dream was apparent, because there was still some light in the sky and duskish.

Had another of these after I had done the clearing the mind thing before I gave up and went to sleep. I'm not able to remember the part just before the ending to come to any conclusions as to how I made it to the viewpoint of in my bed, just that I was looking at the room, then I was in the bed. It was night in this and daytime in truth, the views matched when I opened my eyes. The difference from the other two is that I heard voices/chanting/noises just before I opened my eyes to find that I was late for class.

--

So I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the sucking in breath thing upon becoming aware (or waking after no dreams, which I'd call the same thing) and what it's from. Also, I am wanting to know if anyone has heard of the night/day differences in views from dreams. Thanks.
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -