Before, During or After REM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaxG

Most all of my OBEs have been spontaneous, or contained within dreams. Everytime I try to do it, I can get pretty far usually to REM sleep and still totally concious, but I dont know if its after that or before that is when projection is most likely.

Any help?

upstream

Please reformulate your question.

JaxG

Its in my title:

Before, During or After REM
When is the best time to project?

Psan

Best time for conscious projection is just before REM.
You can project during REM too, while in a lucid dream.

EnderZ

For me, I have good results after REM.

Right before REM, I usually end up entering REM while im not out yet, and my eyes start moving really fast and I get alot of dream imagery in my head. It all just complicates things.

For me, I naturally wake up after dreams, after each REM cycle.  I dont exactly wake up like you'd wake up in the morning, but I gain a small amount of awarness.  I have really good dream recall, and have built the habit of recalling all and every dream I can as soon as I wake up in the morning, before I even move a single musle.  So at night, all of a sudden I will realize that instead of dreaming, that I am indeed laying on my back with my eyes closed, and going over, or recalling my dream in my head.  After I finnish going over the dream I just had, than is when I attempt to project.  My body is very relaxed, my mind is refreshed and clear.  Sometimes I even get SP at this point which also helps.

However, if I am not getting enough sleep during the week [which always seems like a constant battle for me] than I just end up waking up in the morning tired, with no recolection of the nights events.  Unfortuntiety for me, thats how the past few weeks have been =[

-En