Two ways to learn AP/OBE-I need an advice

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphm

I gues both methods have good and bad things with the method, I would try them both to see what works. The advantage of interupting your sleep -maybe after 6 hours-is that you could do some kind of focusing technique as  you lay there going back to sleep, since you have gotten most of your sleep requirement for the night you may be able to project into an obe or not sleep as deep and have a better chance of being lucid in your dreams. Maybe if you have trouble with going back to sleep just wake an hour earlier than you usual would and try thr techniques then.

The problem I had with the meditation based approach was that I could get real close to projecting but I think that since I was awake I had some degree of fear that held me back. I think you do have less fear when in the sleep mode but you do have to overcome dream intrusions, however there are ways to increase your lucidty.

Try them and let us know what works.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

kajaLove

I will let you know but I just started meditating so it may take awhile.Soon of course I will have to find a tehniqe  somewhere that will help me OBE/AP during meditation

quote:
Originally posted by ralphm

The advantage of interupting your sleep -maybe after 6 hours-is that you could do some kind of focusing technique as  you lay there going back to sleep

If I wake up even after only 4 hours into sleep(my body needs around 7-8 hours) I usually won't be able to get back to sleep.Add to that the excitement of experiencing OBE and it gets even harder to fall back to sleep

So I still think meditation is best for me

So are OBEs and APs experienced during meditation always completely lucid?No memmory loss at all?
I hope so :)

waterways

Hey try meditating when your sleep is interupted. Best way for me to project is from sleep paralysis, which can be induced pretty easy when Im roused in the middle of the night.

ralphm

quote:

So are OBEs and APs experienced during meditation always completely lucid?No memmory loss at all?
I hope so :)

Memory loss seems to be related to how long you stay out, according to RB you should make your first obe's short, lucidity I think is related to how aware you are, whether you  have dream imagery and are overcome by it during your experience,see this topic for more info,
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13551
If you try after 6-7 hours of sleep you may still get enough sleep and have the advantage of interupted sleep. You know this is all theory until you try something and then we can give more info.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

kajaLove

hi
Been thinking of AP/OBE for a while now(tho I haven't read much on the subject) but I do have a problem with the way I am supossed to achieve that.
Seems there are two major ways to achieve an OBE/AP

-It appears as if majority of people here achieve AP/OBE while sleeping,and big factor in it is to learn to memorise
your dreams.And for me that is a major problem-I wouldn't call myself a light sleeper(at least not on regular basis),but getting back to sleep after awaking at night has always been a huge problem for me-I won't go into details but lets just say that trying to achieve anything during sleep is a big turn-off for me,especially if
there is another way

-In terms of achieving the goal I feel that achieving OBE/AP via meditation seems more realistic for someone with sleeping problems.
The other benefit I see with regards to OBE/AP during meditation is that you're probably always completely lucid,which judging by your posts isn't always the case while projecting in sleeping state

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject

thank you very much for taking the time

cheers