Using OBEs to your advantage?

Previous topic - Next topic

milk

que tal

laiana

How is trying to influence someone into doing something you want to do, "putting it to good use"?

You could probably put your travels to better use by trying to change things that YOU PERSONALLY want to change, and find out things about your OWN life, rather than trying to meddle with others.

Once you work out yourself, then you naturally are able pass on that 'peace of mind' to others, consciously or subconciously.

milk

That wasnt what I was asking, but thank you for the reply. Of course I use astral projection to discover myself, that is pretty much why I began practicing. But what I was asking was, is it possible to use astral projection to influence others through what they may interprut as a dream. I have never done this before, or plan on doing it in the near future, but what I am asking is, is it possible? I was curious if anyone has done it, and maybe I would experiement with it. Thank you, ciao! (im still in Italy, lol).

Tony
que tal

Reisender

Hello Tony,

To answer your question---yes is is possible. Many years ago when I was in college I discovered about AP and got ahold of Ophiel's book and started practicing his Dream Method technique. My ex-wife and I just started living together. She knew I was experimenting with AP but she did not put any stock in it. One Morning when we were both asleep, I became lucid in my dream. I stoped my dream and more or less came back but did not wake up. I realized she was a sleep next to me so I decided I would make contact. I did not actually inter her dream but more like merged into each others. We started discussing something about the window in the bedroom. Suddenly she became lucid about the fact we were communicating and we were still asleep, she awoke suddenly, very startled which of course caused me to also awake. She raised her head and asked me "Were you in my dream?" I asked "Why? Was there a problem with the window?" She said "Yes--Yes we were discussing about one of the pains in the window and we were looking at it" She then stated how much that upset her and said that it scared her and she asked me to never to do that again. As I could tell how much it did upset her I told her I would not do it again.
I would conclude from this that  people do not particularly like having other people invading their 'space' or dreams and the such as I am sure you would not like other people messing with yours, uninvited, even though you believe your intentions are good. Everyone has their own path. So I would recommend from my personal experience caution in this matter.

All my best to you,

Reisender

milk

Thank you very much for the reply Reisender. I've searched the forums, and have tried searching this on google, but I really haven't gotten much information on it. I'm really interested in the idea, and was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences pertaining to this. I think I remember someone telling me something briefly about entering the dream of a co worker, but I don't remember much of it. Any other experiences, ideas, or links to websites or other topics that have covered this would be great. Thank you very much everyone! iCiao!

Tony

ps. I'm in Serbia at the moment, lol.
que tal

laiana

I think it would be respectable that you asked permission to do this to the person you are thinking of, I personally would consider it an invasion of privacy otherwise.

milk

Right, I agree completely. Actually the person I was considering of doing it on is very close to me, and we talk about OBE's openly all the time. Thanks!

Tony
que tal

kooler

I've never thought about it like that, ample evidence that obes are in fact real!

skydust

i dont think thats something you should be doing, whether its possible or not.

Dragonhawk

Sounds to me as if it would be a good way to teach a friend to become lucid in a dream.  After a while they would be able to do it themselves.

Gee sometimes I wish I could get a little help like that.  :wink:
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

MANHUNT

I personally believe if you are doing it for a good reason it is not as bad as people perspect it as. If you are trying to help someone and you find a way to do it it is worth it, in full.

MANHUNT

Gem

Yes I believe it's possible but as others have said, I don't think it's a good idea. I would be very angry if someone tried to invade my own private space uninvited like that. As for trying to influence someone to do something, what makes you think you have the right to do that? What if that person has thought about a problem for example and has decided to handle it another way? You have no right to try and change their mind! IMHO

LJ

The answer is yes, I've read book claiming people visit other people in dreams, they remember having dreams of the projector. You can do an experiment with one of your friends. I have a friend who has an item on his bar that I need to go see what it is.
Good Luck.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, well rather hoping, if it is possible to use OBEs to your advantage. I am currently in Italy right now, (around Portofino) and was thinking about this last night as I was dozing off. Is it possible during an OBE to maybe, while in the Astral, wait for someone to go to sleep, and once you see their Astral body leave, to follow them, and to keep repeating something that you want them to do over and over again, like something mind blowing that would never happen in a dream, like make it seem like a prophecy, so when they wake up, they will be so overwhelmed that they will do what it is that you wanted them to do, or at least try? Like, if I wanted one of my friends to quite smoking, (it would obviously have to be someone that doesnt know about OBEs), and I followed his astral around all night telling him like, if he sees me wearing a yellow tshirt tomorrow, then it is a sign from God for him to quite smoking. And then when he wakes up, Id come over wearing a yellow tshirt, and see his reaction? Basically, I am wondering, if while projecting, if you are able to appear to people in their dreams, and maybe help them with something that they are having trouble with, and if they think they have had some sort of drastic revelation, maybe they will put more thought into doing what you want them to do.

I am not talking about mind control or anything, but just influencing someone in their dreams. Does anyone have any experience or stories about this? If you came to someone in a dream, would they be able to remember specific details about it, life you told them a number, etc. Can anyone please help me with this, it is very important. I am able to get out of my body, at least once a week, and I want to put my travels to good use. Thank you very much everyone. CIAO!

Tony[/quote]
Lisa Marie

Mikael

If you wanted to help a friend quit smoking (which i think is a good enough cause to permit you to do what you've suggested), because when most people project they aren't conscious, you telling him things like  "You must stop smoking, it is damaging your body"  would basically be a suggestion to his subconscious mind, which with enough repetition should begin to affect how his conscious mind feels.  I do not think that something as specific as a trigger like the yellow t shirt idea would work, but i see no reason why suggestion over an extended period of time would not.  Similarly, it may work simply by repeating the phrase to him while he is asleep and you are next to him, either way you would be addressing the subconscious.

Its just like when trying to create the habit of questioning whether you are dreaming while asleep to help you become lucid, it is reccommended you ask yourself very often while awake, and eventually the suggestion reaches your subconscious.

But of course, physical addiction to any kind of chemical is quite strong, so I do not think the suggestion would be enough to make him stop on its own, but if your friend is trying to quit anyway, it might help his willpower.

If you wanted to make someone do something drastic like give you lots of money, or kill someone, a simple suggestion would not work in my opinion, as you are battling against millions of years of instinct and their whole upbringing so far. E.g. it is wrong to kill and you will be severely punished if you do - i don't think the power of suggestion is strong enough to cause someone to act against this strongly ingrained fact.  (well, assuming your friend doesn't already have urges to go and kill someone lol).

Well, that was a bit more long-winded than i intended.
Hope that's food for thought.