Something popped in my head

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

Had something similar happen today. No clicks or pops this time but after a while of relaxing and strivinig for the all-elusive cool I felt what was like a switch thrown and suddenly I was crystal clear feeling vibes and completely at loss as to what comes next. I knew I should flop but didnät know how [(:]So again I just felt around trying to memorize the feeling and state of mind.
But these experiences are getting more and more frequent so I'm now convinced that the astral is really really right here! And the trick to get there is just too simple at the moment for me to grasp enough to switch there.

2cents

jouni

Frank

Jouni: Hermitic, no, though I do understand why you may think that.

I love to entertain and very much enjoy being a gracious and attentive host. Plus, I do very much like being around other people in all the typical kinds of social circumstances (especially other females). But with me, it is a matter of not being influenced by other people's emotive kak.

I think once you can do that, being around other people becomes really very enjoyable. One of the things I'm very much looking forward to doing is arranging some decent parties on F27. I just love that upbeat atmosphere that is created when a number of positive and like-minded people get together in a glamorous setting.

Projection-wise you are ever so close.

Yours,
Frank

jilola

Frank: The "hermitic" was a bit of a bait. I wasn't sure how to word the question so I didn't http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

I'm either very close or totally on th ewrong track and only deluding myself.
I'm getting the hang of getting into the right state to go blink inside and go all tingly [:P] but something is missing as I always fizzle. Oh well, back to practise. I'm sure that after I manage to pop out once I can figure it out.
I'll drop by your party once I've found the misssing switch.

2cents

jouni

siddhis

Hi again,

I know this was brought up before. Do you think it's a "downloading" issue?
Perhaps it's not that you are "fizzling (is that a word?) at all...just not getting strong enough encoding in the physical brain or overwriting AP memories. Just a thought.

jilola

Siddhis: That thought has occured to me. Robert et al. have pointed out that we project even when it seems like a failure. And then give up and don't have the right state of mind for the reintegration.
Fizzle? It should be a word. Onomatopoeia, see.

2cents

jouni

Chamos

I know this might be intruding a bit but I've noticed that most of what I've seen or read has suggested that as soon as you think of your body, or you feel fear or shock, you imediately snap back. Now does this apply for everystage, like if you're half out does this still apply, or is it a completely different matter at that point?
 For those of you who are wondering I'm asking this because of an experience I've had when I was floating out of my body, I didn't really realize it was an OBE, when I was scared and shocked and wanted to be fully awake, mind and body. I couldn't though and had to really work and concentrate on openning my eyes for a few minutes before it worked.

Leslie-Ann Cho

Never forget that the worlds around you spin on their own axsis, not yours.

You yearn for something you do not know, search for something just beyond your thoughts, long to return to a land you've never been to, and need something you've never heard of. Knowledge will fill that gap, as soon as you realize that knowledge comes after emotion and you need both to lay the foundations of your world.
Y'think y'know what Cruelty be, til' ye finally get t'meet her. Yet worse than cruelty is, indeed... St. Evil, her belov'd sister. You may call me Truth. Some people just can't handle me. - Me

The economy is depressed My Lord.
So cheer it the f*ck up!

ralphm

Leslie-There are reports of people looking at their body while out, seems like I have never looked back. I can take a certain amount of fear, but a sudden shock will send me back in.  It seems like the first experiences are the hardest to comprehend and it takes a while to get our wings. What an apt quote for the beginning obe'er.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by jilola:
Had something similar happen today. No clicks or pops this time but after a while of relaxing and strivinig for the all-elusive cool I felt what was like a switch thrown and suddenly I was crystal clear feeling vibes and completely at loss as to what comes next. I knew I should flop but didnät know how [(:]So again I just felt around trying to memorize the feeling and state of mind.
But these experiences are getting more and more frequent so I'm now convinced that the astral is really really right here! And the trick to get there is just too simple at the moment for me to grasp enough to switch there.

2cents

jouni

The only time there is a sensation of "flopping out" is when projecting into the RT zone. This is what I call a classic Out of Body Experience (OBE). Which is what Monroe, for example, would experience in his early years.

However, as with most things, technology has moved on. The idea nowadays, when projecting within the Astral, is to think of the concept of phasing-in. I think it is more apt because you don't actually feel like you are "out of body" at all.

The feeling is more like you are still within your physical body. Only instead of being within the Physical realm, you are now within the Astral realm. In other words, phasing-in, is more to do with a switching of mental focus: not actual bodies. Of course, you are not literally still in your physical body. But you are in a body and it doesn't look or feel all that much different to actually being in your physical body. If you get what I mean.

What I'm trying to get across is, the accent should be placed on shifting your mental focus, not switching bodies. When shifting your focus like this, there is no sensation of switching bodies. In your mind, the Astral should just come into view. And you kinda mentally step into it. Or you can think of it another way, like, it sort of envelops you.

At the moment of the Astral coming into view I am often still aware of the physical. Not to any great extent. But I am not in a pure "mind awake, body asleep state" either. (Virtually, but not absolutely.) However, once I mentally step into the Astral (or I'm mentally enveloped by it) then all awareness of the Physical realm goes away.  

Yours,
Frank

jilola

quote:
The feeling is more like you are still within your physical body. Only instead of being within the Physical realm, you are now within the Astral realm. In other words, phasing-in, is more to do with a switching of mental focus: not actual bodies

Right. There's the switch I'm looking for. Come to think of it I may have been in the astral already (the 2 experiences in this thread) but haven't had my senses functioning properly. There wasn't really much of an exit sensation just th etiny pop and a bit of tingle and then, well basically loads of nothingness w/some colourful dots in it.
I'll do it though, one of these days.

2cents

jouni

Tisha

Hey Frank!  That "phasing in" stuff is too advanced for most of us!!!!!! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_shock.gif" border=0>
I don't want us to give newbies the misconception that OBE is as easy as thinking about it and phasing in  . . . nevermind that it's true.  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

The fact is, 99% of the folks who visit this Forum, if they are eventually to succeed at OBE, will probably experience it in the old, jangly, vibrating, freaky-sleep-paralysis and separate-body kind of way.   Like Monroe did in his early days.

I have the feeling that "phasing in" is something you manage to accomplish after mastering this "old" way of OBE-ing . . . probably after several years of doing it the old way.  For instance, it's taken me almost 4 years to go from "old jalopy in need of a tune-up" to "high-tech mini-bike" (in terms of the way my OBEs feel and sound).  My experience is probably "normal" - - -

(hey! that's weird! my mindset is now that it's normal!  cool!)

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

Frank

I'm sorry to be seeming to go against what you say, because you do make an excellent point. But I'm not altogether sure whether the old way is, in fact, easier or not.

Having tried it both ways, the phasing-in concept feels far more natural than, 1) feeling like I'm sitting on an unbalanced spin-dryer revolving at high speed, then 2) having the sensation of being shot from a cannon. :)

Interestingly, the phasing-in way is how the Monroe institute teaches people (not that I'm overly struck by TMI, it's just an observation). So I think it's perhaps best not to think of phasing-in as being more advanced: just different.

From what you say, you appear to be making good progress. Soon I'll be sending you an invite to my proposed party on F27. (Well, when I can learn to get to the place with any degree of reliability that is.)  

Yours,
Frank

Tisha

Thanks Frank, for the invite, I could use the drink!  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_cool.gif" border=0>

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
From what you say, you appear to be making good progress. Soon I'll be sending you an invite to my proposed party on F27. (Well, when I can learn to get to the place with any degree of reliability that is.)  

I guess I'll just be sitting over here by my lonesome, waiting in front of my astral mailbox for an invite to that swell party of yours.  :-)

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

jilola

Boohoo http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>
I won't even let me out at night. But I didnt want to go to a party anyway  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

On topic, getting better every attempt at blinking to the pre-exit state. I'll get there yet!

Frank: Do you think I may inadvertently keep ending in a void area that people go on about?

2cents

jouni

jilola

Hi all!

I was trying for an OBE again earlier today. I had cleared my surface mind pretty well and felt kinda relaxed but not enough to project as I found out.
So I tried to make the most of it and decided to ask about my guide.
Suddenly something went POP quit loudly in my head and the vibrations that had eluded me before started as if a switch had been thrown. Also my minds yey went from fairly quiet to a colorful sparkly view much like an TV channel with no feed. Nothing else happened as I was a bit startled by the suddenness of it all and a couple of thoughts slipped through the surface.
Weird experience.
Anyone care to speculate as to what the pop was? Guide uncoorking a bottle of wine? Did I get my mind blown (pun intended)?

2cents

jouni