Very very dissapointed...

Previous topic - Next topic

Simo

I don't know what to do!No matter what I try or how long I try I never get to OBE When I try!All of my obes were by luck,when I was feeling sleepy or trough dreams!No techniques,no binaurals or iso tones..nothing...nothing works
Who am I is not important...My message is...

AJDIN

Take a deep breath, and relax

Fear nothing, expect nothing

You will get there

Xanth

Stookie_

Quote from: Simo on September 08, 2011, 06:53:17
I don't know what to do!No matter what I try or how long I try I never get to OBE When I try!All of my obes were by luck,when I was feeling sleepy or trough dreams!No techniques,no binaurals or iso tones..nothing...nothing works

Frustration will only hold you back. I find it good to learn to relax and meditate, and ENJOY it. When done right, it feels great and you'll look forward to doing it. And then you can use that as your daily jump-off point for AP.

One question: How long do you normally stick with a technique before trying something new? (I mean in successive days, not the amount of time doing the actual technique).

Simo

Thanks Ryan I will check it./There are no succesive days Stookie.I never managed to get an OBE rather than accidental ones :-(

Tim R

How long are you practising by now?

Simo

Quote from: Tim R on September 08, 2011, 13:12:35
How long are you practising by now?
Some time before my registration in the Pulse...less than a year I guess

Tim R

And how many techniques have you tried?

Stookie_

Quote from: Simo on September 08, 2011, 12:58:24
There are no succesive days Stookie.I never managed to get an OBE rather than accidental ones :-(

I mean how many times/days do you attempt the technique before you decide it doesn't work?

Simo

When I get in a state where I cant feel my body I try everything I read about-phantom movement,rolling,standing up...to get that state I am trying phasing,and some isochronic tone,astral2 I think the name was.

Stookie_

OK... well, I suggest keeping with a single technique for about 3-4 weeks before trying other stuff. Find one that you can imagine yourself eventually becoming successful with and stick with it. Don't mix and match techniques. Also, it's not enough to just not be able to feel your body, you need to advance into another state of consciousness before attempting to exit. Maybe you're attempting too early and need to go deeper first.

Simo

Quote from: Stookie_ on September 08, 2011, 15:02:53
OK... well, I suggest keeping with a single technique for about 3-4 weeks before trying other stuff. Find one that you can imagine yourself eventually becoming successful with and stick with it. Don't mix and match techniques. Also, it's not enough to just not be able to feel your body, you need to advance into another state of consciousness before attempting to exit. Maybe you're attempting too early and need to go deeper first.
Thanks for the advice!I will try and see what turns out ofter some time.I'll keep you updaten on any eventual progress!

Stookie_

Cool, good luck Simo! You can do it.

light487

Something I realised yesterday, as I was reading the "Frank Kepple Resource" page, is that I have been "trying" to OBE. Yes, you need to make your desire and intent known; yes, you need to want it to happen and all that.. but you don't necessarily have to "try" to "make" it happen. You just have to sit back and "let" it happen after you've made your intent and desire clear (through affirmations and talking to yourself etc). Don't push for an OBE, don't expect for anything to happen, don't "try".. just consciously "allow" it to happen naturally. Yoda, from Star Wars, sums it up quite well.. "There is no try. Do or do not." :)

astraladdict

That's what everybody thinks when they are first starting off with OBE. They get so excited, than the excitement turns to frustration. " Why can't i project?!" Common question. Projection is not something that happens over night, maybe not even within a couple of weeks. Hell it took me 6 months to project for the first time. It's all about staying dedicated, and focused. Next thing you know, you will project and the feeling of accomplishment will be bliss

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Simo

Quote from: astraladdict on September 08, 2011, 20:43:35
That's what everybody thinks when they are first starting off with OBE. They get so excited, than the excitement turns to frustration. " Why can't i project?!" Common question. Projection is not something that happens over night, maybe not even within a couple of weeks. Hell it took me 6 months to project for the first time. It's all about staying dedicated, and focused. Next thing you know, you will project and the feeling of accomplishment will be bliss

~astraladdict
I'm still not giving up Addict!But I feel that I do something wrong,I mean all those on the forum posting their succes after furs or second attempt or a month or so,and I am trying for so long without succes

Stookie_

Eh, very few have quick success. I've probably read more posts like: "I've been trying for an entire year with no success". AP is more of a lifestyle that you have to work your way into over time.

Xanth

Quote from: Stookie_ on September 09, 2011, 11:48:22
Eh, very few have quick success. I've probably read more posts like: "I've been trying for an entire year with no success". AP is more of a lifestyle that you have to work your way into over time.
I couldn't agree more.
I don't think you'll get much out of Projection if it's just a "fun game" to you.
It's something that you need to do over the long haul to get anything serious out of.

Simo

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 09, 2011, 12:07:18
I couldn't agree more.
I don't think you'll get much out of Projection if it's just a "fun game" to you.
It's something that you need to do over the long haul to get anything serious out of.
In fact I was looking for a pdf file on my pc and among the results there was a book called A Practical Guidebook by Michael Raduga,School of out of body I!I dont remember downloading this,so maybe I did this some time ago.It appears to be interesnting and it might be just what i need  :lol:

Xanth

Quote from: Simo on September 09, 2011, 13:50:12
In fact I was looking for a pdf file on my pc and among the results there was a book called A Practical Guidebook by Michael Raduga,School of out of body I!I dont remember downloading this,so maybe I did this some time ago.It appears to be interesnting and it might be just what i need  :lol:
It's a fairly good read.

My suggestion is to start with his "Indirect" techniques first.

If you want to try his "Direct" techniques, you'll first need to learn to meditate.

Simo

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 09, 2011, 14:02:19
It's a fairly good read.

My suggestion is to start with his "Indirect" techniques first.

If you want to try his "Direct" techniques, you'll first need to learn to meditate.
I will try them!Thanks everyone for your advices! :-)

David Warner

Simo,

Less than a year huh? You are putting a lot of stress and worry on yourself along with obtaining un-realistic attempts that you think it will be a snap of the finger. There is no fast food service or a instant magic happy pill to projecting. I am not being rude here but honestly I see this so much that I need to offer my advice and wisdom of "why I can't project". Please take your time and review this post I created here and a transcript from my upcoming book.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/why_cant_i_project_invisiblelight_book_reference_for_beginner_to_advance-t28924.0.html

You really need to paint a picture with statistics, trials, errors and write everything faithfully. Also, realize just because you punched the clock 8 hrs you will be rewarded. Projecting is training, just like a marathon runner, or someone studying to become proficient at playing guitar. It takes time not just six months!

When I first projected, my OBEs were at random, different times and I was tired as you were. But I did something about it and started tracking. Once I started the tracking dilgently and stopped expecting I was able to see a clearer picture of where, when, how, what, emerge as patterns. I then could focus on the bigger picture vs. random attempts. Some of my experiences once I am on the other side, depending on what I was trying to achieve would take months to years. This is not giving up but being persistent and realize that it all takes time and patience. If you don't have those core values, you might as well hang up your OBE wings. Stick with one technique that you know that worked in the past and focus all your energy on that.

Good Luck and be easy on yourself!

DW

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us