meditation

Previous topic - Next topic

astral_traveler2001

Maybe I should revise this a little. For the past year I've been on a mission to leave my body. For obvious reasons I've have been unsuccessful in this area. On the meantime, my life seems to be put on a big crashing halt.
So basically what I'm looking for is the best sure way to leave my body so I can have proof that there's something more out there. The people who post on this board seem to have at least some inclination on how to leave their bodies; If that is at all possible.
Well thank you for reading this collection of my thoughts and I look forward to anything anyone can give on this matter.

Jeff_Mash

Meditating is a great tool to use for leaving your body in the same sense that a key is a great tool for starting your car.  It's not necessary, but it helps.

The reason why I feel a meditative mind is important to projections is that through meditation, one practices silencing your inner voice, which is a constant setback to a person when they're trying to get into a trance state.  Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than trying to quiet your mind when it's constantly talking to you.

"What am I going to do at work tomorrow?"
"Hey, when are these vibrations supposed to happen?"
"I like Mickey Mouse."
etc....

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

amcturbo

I'm just beginning to use a Yoga Nidra guided-meditation CD.  I'll post back on it after I've used it for a while.  I did use it yesterday at lunchtime for 30 minutes and it was relaxing.  It did help to calm my body and mind to the point of having some mild hypnogagia.

Jeff ... thanks for the laugh!

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

Tracy

Relaxing is very important  for leaving the body not to mention great for stress reduction.  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>  While meditating  you could start focusing on different parts of the body.  Feet, then legs all the way up.  Focus on totally relaxing each part allowing them to  grow  heavy  and relaxed.

There are some many different ways to relax, it's hard to pick just one.

James S

Jeff,
Now the trick here is to grab one of those things running through your head and get it stuck in a loop " I like Mickey Mouse...I like Mickey Mouse...I like Mickey Mouse...I like Mickey Mouse". You'll either effectively quieten all other surface thoughts or really want to go and watch some cartoons.

Yes meditation is very useful as it will help you to relax and basically detach yourself from the world and all its cares so that you're in the right frame of mind to leave the body.

Tracy's comments on relaxing your body are very good on a whole number of levels, and work well in prepairing you for an OBE also.
Once you have relaxed your body sufficiently though, you want to stop thinking about your body. The more you think about how your body feels, the less likely your are of being able to leave it.

Good journeys,
James.

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by James S:
Jeff, Now the trick here is to grab one of those things running through your head and get it stuck in a loop " I like Mickey Mouse...I like Mickey Mouse...I like Mickey Mouse...I like Mickey Mouse". You'll either effectively quieten all other surface thoughts or really want to go and watch some cartoons.

Usually when my mind is stuck in an endless loop like that, it keeps me wide awake.  I either have to get up and read, or hit myself in the head with a hammer.

Lately though, I've had no trouble with fleeting thoughts.  In fact, surprisingly, whenever I lay down now, I'm shocked to see how quiet my mind is from the get-go.  

Last night, I also noticed something peculiar.  Do you know how normally, all throughout the day, we hear ourselves in our mind talking?  For example, as you're reading this, you probably have a silent version of yourself reading this in your mind.  When you look up and think to yourself, "I wonder what's for dinner?", usually its that same voice doing the talking.  I've always been aware of this, but last night during my meditation/trance, I started to hear *another* foreign voice.  It was a little garbled and hard to tune into, much like tuning into a radio station that has bad reception.  But I felt at the time that I was close to tweaking my focus in a way which would allow this foreign voice to come through.

It reminded me of the 'emmisary' that's talked about in Castenada's book, 'The Art of Dreaming.'

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

astral_traveler2001

Would anyone here say that meditating is a great way to leave the body? And does anyone have any methods through meditation to leave the body?