Visualization

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

hi all,

As many of you know, my favorite AP technique is visualization with motion while falling asleep (Thank you, Mr. Buhlman). But I always look for some exciting places to imagine as I get bored by picturing the same places for a period of time. Many years ago I posted here an OBE where in a dream I was walking through an art gallery. I stopped in front of one painting to admire it. At that time I gained awareness and I got sucked into the painting. I found myself in that scenery of a snow village in a cozy cabin.
So, I found many interesting scenes in YouTube with ambient noises. I save them into my profile and then I open the Youtube channel on my smart TV and I have it on the big screen. At night, I love turning off all the lights, relaxing in my recliner and observing one of these scenes on my TV. I turn up the volume so I can hear the snow fall, the wind and the fireplace. I observe the surroundings and I imagine that I am there. I get familiar with the place and then when I go to sleep I imagine that same place as I fall asleep. I imagine walking around, going outside, touching the snow, letting the snow fall on my face and feeling its cool touch. It's been very pleasant and it triggers APs sometime in the middle of the nights. I hope you also may find it enjoyable. Techniques don't have to feel like effort, they need to be enjoyable in order for results to appear. Here is the link of the place I am visualizing at this time. I hope to see you there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcSE2jvc1Yo&t=554s

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on November 22, 2020, 21:50:31

So, I found many interesting scenes in YouTube with ambient noises.
Very nice! It looks just like Minnesota!  :-) Thanks for the share Lightbeam!  8-)

I too save these kind of videos on my computer. I have a number of them to choose from that I listen to in my last hour before bed. This is one of my favorites. The scenery is constantly changing in it, which I like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXH-QsPTeEI
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

T-Man

LB,

What a great idea!  I'm gonna give it a try.  Bring it up on the big screen and turn off the lights.  Maybe make a cup of Hot Chocolate and put my feet up.  Lots of detail to absorb from the scene.  I think it wouldn't be too hard to imagine actually being there sitting in front of the fire and watching the snow fall outside!

The Adventure Continues...

LightBeam

Quote from: Lumaza on November 22, 2020, 22:30:28
This is one of my favorites. The scenery is constantly changing in it, which I like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXH-QsPTeEI

oh, I like that one, Lu! Especially the Tibetan music!
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

LightBeam

Quote from: T-Man on November 22, 2020, 22:53:37
LB,

What a great idea!  I'm gonna give it a try.  Bring it up on the big screen and turn off the lights.  Maybe make a cup of Hot Chocolate and put my feet up.  Lots of detail to absorb from the scene.  I think it wouldn't be too hard to imagine actually being there sitting in front of the fire and watching the snow fall outside!

Yes, get as cozy as you can. Hot cocoa, tea, coffee, whatever everyone likes. I like to have a candle lit in my room as well to get extra flickering. I also like to take a minute to relax all the muscles in my body. I notice that I carry a lot of tension on my forehead. When I turn my attention of being in that cabin, all other thoughts of work, life worrying and all go away and then I feel how my forehead muscles relax and my breathing slows down. At that time, I just focus on the feeling of being there, sort of off the grid, and I imagine that I have stopped time. No matter what is happening in the world, no matter of deadlines tomorrow at work, nothing matters, because I convince myself that I have stopped time and tomorrow will not come until I release back time. I feel in the present in full focus, just enjoying the present moment and feeling the freedom of timelessness.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Thank you guys so much, these videos are wonderful. I sometimes fall asleep to music or stories I find on yt.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on November 24, 2020, 04:39:04
Thank you guys so much, these videos are wonderful. I sometimes fall asleep to music or stories I find on yt.
:-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: Nameless on November 24, 2020, 04:39:04

Same here, my new favorite channel for just that is this one https://www.youtube.com/c/ViperTVStudios/videos
Feynman lectures are also great for this, but maybe that's just me..
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

Lumaza

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on November 24, 2020, 06:21:11
Same here, my new favorite channel for just that is this one https://www.youtube.com/c/ViperTVStudios/videos
Feynman lectures are also great for this, but maybe that's just me..
Wow Bob, you gave us a link to a page that looks like it was "tailor made" for me, lol!  8-) Everything on that youtube page interests me and now will consume my nightly focus for a while while I work here at nighttime. Thank You for that!  :-)

Last night I listened to a fantastic interview on the Jimmy Church Radio Show. Jimmy's Guest was James Redfield who is the Author of the classic "Celestine Prophecy Series" of books. James was sharing how to stay positive in a negative World. Since we are sharing links here, I will share that one as well. If you want to skip Jimmy's 30 minute intro, you can fast-forward to the 30 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYkScs0FmvU

Bob_the_floater

Glad you like it  8-) What I really like about that channel is that contrary to other videos/documentaries on YT, the background track is really chill and not too loud, most others seems to have this loud dramatic Hollywood type soundtrack.
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

Nameless

Wonderful, thanks Bob, I have watched a few Viper vids in the past but somehow they had slipped my attention. Good to have them back. Love their content.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.