Waking up

Previous topic - Next topic

lillymoon

So, Yah. My new way of doing things is to go to sleep at like 2-3 am in the morning, wake up early, I am guaranteed to be tired as I was today. as usual I went to go to sleep and when i reached the stage where I'm on the edge of sleep I suddenly become conscious(I did not move a muscle, I told myself mind awake body asleep. the worst case was I did not know if I was really in the state where I could have tried to ap. I was in the state where I barely could feel body. In that case, I thought I done it wrong and went to sleep

soarin12

Your mistake was trying to assess what state you were in while you were doing it.  You doubted yourself and gave attention to the physical -two big 'no-nos' lol!  Your only job is to 'zone out' and stay zoned out until you end up in the NPR.  OR   Zone out and stay zoned out until you have an INSTINCT (or you get vibrations) to try an exit technique.  Don't question yourself as to whether you are having that instinct.  That will only put attention on the physical.  If you don't have the instinct (or vibrations) then don't do anything or question anything.  Just stay relaxed minded ( think as little as possible) and wait!

I know the words 'zoned out' are not very technical, but I say it to help give the right feel. I just mean relax your mind.  I really feel like some sort of zombie when I do it.  It feels great to quit thinking!

lillymoon

Thank you for the reply. I will try it tonight when I do it. Though, What do I do when I enter that state? Just intend to AP then wait abd wait?  :-)

soarin12

Quote from: lillymoon on July 07, 2014, 14:08:58
Thank you for the reply. I will try it tonight when I do it. Though, What do I do when I enter that state? Just intend to AP then wait abd wait?  :-)

Yup!  Just intend to AP, relax your mind (use mantra if you need) and wait. Just enjoy the relaxing state of no-thought.  If nothing has happened in a half hour or so then go ahead and fall asleep and you may possibly project later during the night sometime.  If you get vibrations then go ahead and do an exit technique.  You can also do an exit if you don't get vibrations.  The right time to do this is very hard to describe, but it is very instinctive.  You just kind of know that it's time to start mentally moving forward. I will say that it has a lot to do with losing awareness of your physical body.  Just don't analyze any of this during the process.       -Intent, relax mind, wait!  --exit if you have vibrations or if you have the instinct.   Good luck!  :)

lillymoon

I can induce most symtons, Mainly fast heartbeat and vibrations. Ill give what you said a try! :-)

Xanth

Quote from: lillymoon on July 07, 2014, 22:11:41
I can induce most symtons, Mainly fast heartbeat and vibrations. Ill give what you said a try! :-)
Well, keep in mind that being able to induce any feeling is just that... you being able to induce THAT feeling.

It's like in the martial arts, say Karate for example... they teach you to punch THROUGH your target.  You pick a point PAST your target and you aim for that. 
You don't aim for your target, because that's a much weaker strike... by the time you're hitting the target, your punch is pretty much stopped.

What you're doing is that you're focusing so hard on these "symptoms" is that your aiming for the target (symptoms)... and when you finally hit that target (symptoms) and you're stopping.  Aim beyond the symptoms.

It's okay, and even good to have those symptoms/sensations... but they're mostly just a signpost that reads "Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right".
Just keep doing whatever it was that got you there.  Continue focusing away from the physical.  Don't stop to read the signpost.  :)

lillymoon

Quote from: Xanth on July 07, 2014, 22:57:02
Well, keep in mind that being able to induce any feeling is just that... you being able to induce THAT feeling.

It's like in the martial arts, say Karate for example... they teach you to punch THROUGH your target.  You pick a point PAST your target and you aim for that. 
You don't aim for your target, because that's a much weaker strike... by the time you're hitting the target, your punch is pretty much stopped.

What you're doing is that you're focusing so hard on these "symptoms" is that your aiming for the target (symptoms)... and when you finally hit that target (symptoms) and you're stopping.  Aim beyond the symptoms.

It's okay, and even good to have those symptoms/sensations... but they're mostly just a signpost that reads "Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right".
Just keep doing whatever it was that got you there.  Continue focusing away from the physical.  Don't stop to read the signpost.  :)

Thanks a lot ryan! Going to have a good decent amount of goes before I sleep and when I wake up. I will do this one day, If not today, I will keep trying. It's in my hearts desire to astral project. I feel it. I know I can do it. Saying that really am indicating that somewhere inside of me it's telling me "Your nearly there" or something like " your getting closer". Its just a knowing that its something I must achieve. I feel like I can do it, gawdd... Words are hard to describe of how it feels