waking up and keeping still does it really work?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummage

what is the general basis of this technique and how it works? you just wake up and not move? what do you do just think about projecting and it will happen? do you have to wake up on your back? do you have to wait for vibrations or not?

Anyone here good at it? how does it normally work for you and what are your experiences with it and how it works?

Xanth

Yup, it works. 

I've done it a couple times coming out of normal sleep... but it's most handy when you're coming out of a lucid or astral experience, because you usually know when you're waking up.

I call it the "eyes closed/body still" method.  In that as you feel yourself waking up out of your experience you keep your eyes closed (if you open them even to blink, the state is gone) and your body completely still (don't move a muscle), then just stay like that and in about 10 - 20 seconds you'll shift back into the non-physical usually right where you left. 

I've used this method to extend experiences multiple times in a row... my record is 6 times in a row I've gone back into the same experience.  :)

AAAAAAAA

I'm decent at it. The key idea here is to keep that state of mind. If you move a little bit, it should be okay. But the general idea is when you wake up, to astral project whilst being in that "cloudy" state of mind where you're ready to fall asleep again.

-You don't have to wake up on your back

-You normally do, but don't always have to wait for the vibrations

The thing is, you don't NEED to vibrations to astral project, it's just an indicator, but the transition could be so smooth that you don't even realize it at first. I like to use the vibrations because it feels good, and I can know for sure when I'm out of body.

Gummage

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on June 28, 2014, 19:31:33
I'm decent at it. The key idea here is to keep that state of mind. If you move a little bit, it should be okay. But the general idea is when you wake up, to astral project whilst being in that "cloudy" state of mind where you're ready to fall asleep again.

-You don't have to wake up on your back

-You normally do, but don't always have to wait for the vibrations

The thing is, you don't NEED to vibrations to astral project, it's just an indicator, but the transition could be so smooth that you don't even realize it at first. I like to use the vibrations because it feels good, and I can know for sure when I'm out of body.

Cool info but how can you guys be sure its not just going back to sleep? I usually don't dream or have lucid dreams so more than likely I will have no recollection of being asleep like most people I guess and will just find myself waking up.

If it works how exactly do you know your actually going to project and not just go back to sleep? and do you just think to project or think for vibrations first THEN to project? I'm a little confused at what to think providing I wake up remembering to attempt.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Gummage on June 28, 2014, 19:45:13
Cool info but how can you guys be sure its not just going back to sleep? I usually don't dream or have lucid dreams so more than likely I will have no recollection of being asleep like most people I guess and will just find myself waking up.

If it works how exactly do you know your actually going to project and not just go back to sleep? and do you just think to project or think for vibrations first THEN to project? I'm a little confused at what to think providing I wake up remembering to attempt.

Most people who are stuck with this problem would start a dream journal, so they can teach themselves to remember their dreams. With that being said, it's pretty easy to tell when you're in the astral and when you're not. You'll probably know when you're out of your "body".

Astralsuzy

You can stay still and ap.   You can also get up to go to the bathroom and lie down and ap.   I have done it lots of times.  You do not wait for any vibrations as vibrations may not happen. 

Xanth

Cool info but how can you guys be sure its not just going back to sleep?
It *IS* just going back to sleep. 

QuoteI usually don't dream or have lucid dreams so more than likely I will have no recollection of being asleep like most people I guess and will just find myself waking up.
Then you're going to have a hard time with projection.
I'd start with learning to meditate and using a dream journal.

You *DO* dream just about (if not every) night of your life, you just have trouble remembering them.  So work on remembering them.

QuoteIf it works how exactly do you know your actually going to project and not just go back to sleep? and do you just think to project or think for vibrations first THEN to project? I'm a little confused at what to think providing I wake up remembering to attempt.
If you're following what I posted above... you don't have to think anything.  You just shift to 'somewhere'.

Astralsuzy

You have to notice ap signs.   A lot of times we do not get obvious ap signs.   When we do not get obvious ap signs I have to notice other signs that may be very slight, such as my breathing and mind is getting more relaxed.   If you do not notice anything then you are very likely to fall asleep. 

Szaxx

Quote from: Astralsuzy on June 29, 2014, 12:56:44
You have to notice ap signs.   A lot of times we do not get obvious ap signs.   When we do not get obvious ap signs I have to notice other signs that may be very slight, such as my breathing and mind is getting more relaxed.   If you do not notice anything then you are very likely to fall asleep. 

Not always true. For a few with many experiences, the subconcious can be programmed to take you out when you WANT to. This means precise control of when and as long as you set up the body it happens naturally.
Hard to explain, you can program yourself to have a specific experience at a certain time on a certain day.
Setting up the body is more complicated, you have to know it well.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soarin12

For me, it doesn't matter if I was dreaming or not.  If I wake up, hold still, try to stay awake (eyes closed) but don't think about anything except mantra (trance state), I will have a conscious AP within 30 sec. or so.  The hardest thing is to not let yourself fall back asleep.  Last night I had a long annoying dream where I was being chased by someone.  I woke up and realized it was just a dream.  I decided to try to get back into the dream and annihilate the guy.  I thought about a powerful laser type gun, and immediately fell back into the same dream (lucid, this time) and blasted the guy.  Mission complete.  In this one, I did allow myself to fall back asleep, but I ended up lucid in the dream probably because I had the intention to.

mkj

Quote from: Xanth on June 28, 2014, 19:28:32
Yup, it works. 

I've done it a couple times coming out of normal sleep... but it's most handy when you're coming out of a lucid or astral experience, because you usually know when you're waking up.

I call it the "eyes closed/body still" method.  In that as you feel yourself waking up out of your experience you keep your eyes closed (if you open them even to blink, the state is gone) and your body completely still (don't move a muscle), then just stay like that and in about 10 - 20 seconds you'll shift back into the non-physical usually right where you left. 

I've used this method to extend experiences multiple times in a row... my record is 6 times in a row I've gone back into the same experience.  :)
This happens to me as well. If I feel the vibrations coming on but they start to fade, I'll stay frozen and they usually come back.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: mkj on July 06, 2014, 00:48:11
This happens to me as well. If I feel the vibrations coming on but they start to fade, I'll stay frozen and they usually come back.

If you wanna get into a deep sleep paralysis, wait until the vibrations get really strong, and then make a couple of really sudden movements and it will sting a little bit and the sleep paralysis will get a lot stronger.

dust8879

This is the only method that has given me success. So far all of my non physical experiences have come from just laying still after waking up and instantly trying to project. Nothing else has ever worked or brought me to the vibrational state. It can be challenging sometimes to remember not to move, but it gets easier after 5am as long as you use affirmations.

For me it also seems to be easier if I am sleeping on my back. When I sleep on my side as soon as I wake up I instinctively move on to the other side to get more comfortable because my hips ache. Last week I woke up and forget to stay still. I attempted to astral project anyway thinking it wouldn't work because I moved, but to my surprise the vibrations still came. They were getting stronger until a loud crash in the street ruined it. The point is it showed me it can still work even if you have moved.

dust8879

If you find yourself struggling to remember to keep still or don't wake up enough times during sleep, maybe try to use an alarm that turns itself off quickly after a second or two. As soon as you hear the noise you know that you have to instantly attempt projection no matter what. This is my favourite method because you don't lose any sleep and don't lie there for hours with nothing happening. Later in the night you start to wake up more smoothly. Michael Raduga has an excellent free e book on this.

Fusions

Yes and probably better than you might think, this morning, even after 10 hours or sleep orso, I managed to do it 3 times, going into a dream while being aware of the proces. :)
The One is ALL. And the All are One.