Was this an obe?

Previous topic - Next topic

RTCovenant

I started off in a dream. I cannot remember anything about the dream, but I remember something happened that could not happen in reality and I realized it was a dream.  Then I kinda of just zoned out, and these intense vibrations came in my head. It felt like my head was shaking like crazy, these vibrations were only in my head though. I thought, whoa, I can have an OBE now if I want, so I tried to rock my astral body back and forth to leave my body. I flew out and fell off the right side of my bed.

My legs were stuck on the bed in my normal body. Only the top portion of my body left. It was very weird, I was just hanging of the bed on the floor. I could barely see anything, it was very hard to see but I could tell it was my room. I then started saying stuff like "Clarity Now" , "Focus Now" "Color Now' (There wasn't much color).  Then I remembered reading somewhere I lot of people have OBE's, but the first times they do the person will stay outside their body too long and they'll forget what happened. So after about 15 seconds I went back into my body and I slipped into a weird dream that was about 3 minutes long and then I woke up. I felt my head throbbing, it seems like lots of blood went to it. I could also hear a strang buzzing (almost like listening to BWGEN) when I woke up.

Anyways? Was this a real OBE? Or was it possibly just a dream of me having an OBE? I am thinking it was a real OBE that only went half-way. If this happens next time how do I get the lower part of my body out? And also, what should these vibrations feel like? Should they cover your whole body or just your head?

Thanks guys,
RTCovenant
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Selski

Hi RT Covenant

Well it sounds pretty much like an OBE to me.  Dreaming about having OBEs tends to happen after you've had your first one.

I know that Robert Monroe talked about directing the vibrations up and down your body, so maybe next time you can simply lie there and imagine/direct them all the way down to your feet and back up again, and play around with them.  See if you can get them to vibrate to a higher frequency and whatnot.  (I never get vibrations, so I can't give you first-hand experience.)

As an alternative, you might want to try rubbing your "stuck" parts with your astral hands and have in your mind that you are encouraging the physical bits to become astral, with the action of rubbing or stroking.  It works for me all the time!

Good for you for going back into your body after a short time.  Keep having short experiences, and you will remember them.   Now you've had your first one, it will be easier next time to recognise the signs, and before long, you'll be off exploring to your heart's content!  :D

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

RTCovenant

Hmmm, so how do you distinguish real OBE"s from fake one's?

Yes, I'll try moving the vibrations up and down. I'll also try to keep my OBE's less than a minute so I can remember them, for now.

Also, will my sight get better? It is very hard to see like I said, but it felt different than dreaming.

I don't know if I could use the rub technique. I didn't try to move my astral body around or travel and I didn't attempt to move my arms.

What if my astral arms won't move?

Thanks for the advice,
Hopefull this post may also help other confused rookies.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Selski

Quote from: RTCovenantHmmm, so how do you distinguish real OBE"s from fake one's?

I don't believe there are any fake ones, personally.  Your level of awareness is normally the factor that makes you classify them as non-dreams or dreams.  When I dream about having an OBE, I sincerely believe that I am having a genuine OBE, but in the middle of a dream, and because my level of awareness is somewhat lower, it doesn't feel as "real" as a non-dream OBE.

Quote from: RTCovenantAlso, will my sight get better? It is very hard to see like I said, but it felt different than dreaming.

Yes, it will get better.  As you get used to having OBEs, you will learn how to control them.  Sight seems to be a common problem, but you'll find your own way to enable yourself to see.  For some, it entails shouting "clarity now" or simply deciding that the next time you look at your hand (for instance), you will see it.  Keep trying different things, something will work eventually.

Quote from: RTCovenantWhat if my astral arms won't move?

They will.  If you expect them NOT to move, they won't.  Then use your legs to rub your head.  I've found astral bodies to be incredibly bendy (although it can make you feel a bit dizzy!)

Quote from: RTCovenantThanks for the advice,
Hopefull this post may also help other confused rookies.

You're welcome.  Hope it's useful.  

Keep us updated on any future experiences!

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.