was this an OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

el doc

so this morning around 9 i lay down and tried to trick my brain into paralysis mode while my mind was awake of course. after 30 minutes or so of doing this, i found myself being very heavy so i knew i was getting there, but i started getting itchy and having the urge to change position to the side so what i did to fight this was think i was in a movie theater and i was just wondering around the darkness. i could see this very clearly in my third eye. after 10 minutes or so, i finally started feeling the vibrations and hearing the humming noises so after some time of this i decided to start moving my mouth and pulled my head up. next thing i know i got up and out of my bed and my room was completely different. it was kind of dark like if was 4 in the morning and i decided to walk in front of the mirror. i saw myself wearing different boxers and a black shirt. i walked around for a bit and then i went to look at my bed to see if my physical body was there, but there was NOTHING. this is when it hit me if its an OBE, shouldn't my body lay there asleep? as soon as i thought of this i went back and i was laying down on my bed again back in my physical body. I'm alittle confused though. i want to think of this as an OBE just because i was very conscious throughout the whole thing but my body wasn't there.. any help on this?  :?

dingo

As I understand it, you don't see light particles like you do while in your body. This also makes reading words and numbers and recognising patterns and colours correctly very difficult. When you looked at your bed, you were probably thinking "I'm here, not in there," so you didn't see yourself in there.

I've had a number of experiences like that, and even seen my body looking much younger than I really am on occasion. I'd suggest either not worrying about it, or being more aware of your state of mind: if you don't have much practice with mental self-control, you'll tend to "drift" into the astral or see astral overlays.