Was this an OOBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Sorry for the thread title being vague, but basically I've been having some success recently with spontaneous OOBE's and LD's. Last week when I was at my girlfriend's house, I was pretty much raving about it the entire week, talking to her uncle about it, he was giving me tips and telling me about Zen meditation and THC (I'm not doing drugs).

Point is, is that that conversation was in my girlfriend's kitchen, and when I was asleep one time, I was there in the kitchen! It was really life-like though, I could feel my physical body, and my eye's were struggling. Thing is, you know when your parents teach you to walk when you're little? There was this person in it who looked like my girlfriend's mum doing it to me, whilst I was struggling to open my eyes, then she disappeared and I forgot about her (in the "Dream") and tried to enter the RTZ through the door that, in real life, leads to her Living Room. Unfortunately there was a monster in the way that looked like a typical monster from a Final Fantasy game, and I've always sucked at dream control so I couldn't get rid of it. I lost consciousness after that..

It happened to me again though whilst I was doing a Wake Back to Bed attempt, I set my phone alarm to go off at 8:00am, as I went to bed somewhere in-between 3:00am - 3:05am. Surprisingly enough it worked, and I found myself in a place that looked like somewhere in real life, but, I was on a rock-path, and there was glass doors, which I stepped out of onto the street. I tried another technique to getting into the RTZ, I tried imagining the dream doors down with my imagination and finding myself in my bedroom, that failed too so I just gave up and explored this little world I found myself, was pretty fun, can't remember what I found though.

Few questions..

• Was my first experience out of body?
  • Was my second experience anything to do with out of body?
  • Do you think if I try more physical world methods, it'll work? Like, wait at the bus stop or get a taxi.
  • What is this THC and Zen meditation?
  • Any advice anyone can give me in general? Lol

GodsProxy

Both attempts sound like you were OBE especially the second one.

Well done.

Jdeadevil

Thanks!  :-D

I definitely feel like I've stepped up a level.  :-)

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on August 09, 2011, 09:16:41
Sorry for the thread title being vague, but basically I've been having some success recently with spontaneous OOBE's and LD's. Last week when I was at my girlfriend's house, I was pretty much raving about it the entire week, talking to her uncle about it, he was giving me tips and telling me about Zen meditation and THC (I'm not doing drugs).

Point is, is that that conversation was in my girlfriend's kitchen, and when I was asleep one time, I was there in the kitchen! It was really life-like though, I could feel my physical body, and my eye's were struggling. Thing is, you know when your parents teach you to walk when you're little? There was this person in it who looked like my girlfriend's mum doing it to me, whilst I was struggling to open my eyes, then she disappeared and I forgot about her (in the "Dream") and tried to enter the RTZ through the door that, in real life, leads to her Living Room. Unfortunately there was a monster in the way that looked like a typical monster from a Final Fantasy game, and I've always sucked at dream control so I couldn't get rid of it. I lost consciousness after that..

It happened to me again though whilst I was doing a Wake Back to Bed attempt, I set my phone alarm to go off at 8:00am, as I went to bed somewhere in-between 3:00am - 3:05am. Surprisingly enough it worked, and I found myself in a place that looked like somewhere in real life, but, I was on a rock-path, and there was glass doors, which I stepped out of onto the street. I tried another technique to getting into the RTZ, I tried imagining the dream doors down with my imagination and finding myself in my bedroom, that failed too so I just gave up and explored this little world I found myself, was pretty fun, can't remember what I found though.

Few questions..

• Do you think if I try more physical world methods, it'll work? Like, wait at the bus stop or get a taxi.
Hi there Jdeadevil   :)

Welcome to the Astral Pulse!

I'm not sure about your experience... at no point do you really mention how consciously aware you were during your experience. 

If you didn't realize you were in the non-physical, then I'd call that a simple Dream Awareness Experience.
If you realized you were in the non-physical, but didn't have what I call a "waking awareness", then you had a Lucid Awareness Experience.
If you realized you were in the non-physical AND you had a waking awareness, then you had an Astral Awareness Experience.

It's hard to tell which you had since you don't give enough information regarding your conscious awareness.

My personal suggestion to you is if you want to begin to explore altered states and other states of being such as astral projections... learn to meditate.  :)
Learn to quiet your mind.

Jdeadevil

Well I felt quite aware, first time I've actually been awake enough in my mind to actually remember to do a personal goal, in this case trying to open up a portal to a place I remember being in, or exploring the universe I found myself in. I was way more aware than I was in past lucid dreams, however I felt like I was still in the physical world, just somewhere else. The first one was just upstairs from where I was sleeping, the second one was some random place which had a rocky floor indoors with glass walls and a glass double-door, even though it's a crazy idea I could imagine that being a real place.

If you can use your physical senses to touch and feel things, does that make a significant difference as to if you're dreaming or having an out of body experience?

Because I've never had an astral projection from being wide awake, it's hard to even think it was an out of body experience, but I definitely had a higher level of consciousness.

Was that a little better? Lol. :)

Summerlander

Quote from: Jdeadevil on August 09, 2011, 09:16:41

1 - That depends on what you believe in.  All these experiences could all be products of the subconscious mind.  You experience being elsewhere other than the physical body that lies in bed, however, it could be an illusion.  Perhaps you never really go anywhere.

2 - Mate, again, let me tell you that if you experienced the sensation of being out of body, then it WAS an out-of-body experience.  Don't forget the word "experience" in front of the term.  It is a pragmatic term.  It can be both really happening or illusion.  We need to employ the term due to the uncertainty we deal with when it comes to OOBEs.

3 - It is an altered state of consciousness where we most likely move in mental space all the time.  Maybe there is no such thing as a physical realm projection.  Have a look at the possibilities expressed in my Mode 1 and Mode 2 OOBE categories here:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/how_to_have_an_out_of_body_experience_composed_by_summerlander-t34339.0.html

4 - Not a clue!

5 - Yeah.  Find things out for yourself and don't believe everything you read.

Jdeadevil

1. I guess so, I'll just have to test it out when I become more experienced, use real life elements and see if I can find out what they are out of body and then see if it's the same when I wake up. Until then, I just think it's a fun thing to do. :)

2. Haha, that made me smile, I actually never stopped to think about the words separately, again, more testing and experience would tell me though..

3. They're just words though, I mean, there could be! Why did you put space in italics though?  :-P

5. Well yeah, but it's nice to ask for other's views at the same time. I don't believe everything I read, I'm just open minded to things. :)

Btw guys don't ask me why I'm putting everything in Red, I have no idea.

Summerlander

Oh...the italics...I'll explain.

It's because I see that realm as being entirely made of thought (regardless of whether it can be shared or not).  Hence space there is not physical realm space.  It is perceived space...a thought in itself.  It is the realm of thoughts and therefore everything is thought.  When you are in the Phase, because your state of consciousness has been altered, you perceive everything there as though it were actual.

You might ask why is it that we perceive such world in such a realistic manner?  After all, the phantom objects there can be experienced as though solid.  Well, imagine that when you enter the Phase, you become the idea of you which is able to perceive in great clarity the idea of reality itself (or many ideas or possibilities).

In a way, both the physical and metaphysical realms are real. At least that's how I see it anyway.  Perhaps the latter is our next reality after we die.  If the physical part that we identify with as being us dies, does that mean that the idea of us dies too?  Or does the idea of us continue in a mental world?  Does the brain produce consciousness or does consciousness produce and grow a brain?

Unfortunately, Jdeadevil, all we have is uncertainty, but, like you said, the experiences are fun.  Don't be surprised if you start talking to the dead, or experience what appears to be precognitive visions.  If you believe it's possible it will happen and many people will interpret the experiences in many different ways.  In the end what matters is what they mean to you.  :-)

Jdeadevil

I see, interesting post. :)