Watching your second body walk from third person.

Previous topic - Next topic

garrett2

A friend of mine said she had this experience of watching herself leave her body and go outside of her house. She followed her second body for a while. Can this actually be considered as an out of body experience? Can you view your second body from a point of view other than first person while you're out? If so, does anyone have an experience with this? Or is it all just a dream?

Lucidityman

Hi

I don't know if this can be viewed as a obe when you watch from 3rd perspective. I don't want to write in every post that "I have done that" , but way in the beginning when I had no real idea or experience of what to do, a lot of neat stuff happens.Its almost like your brain in the beginning is so wide open to the newness of it, that you get amazing experiences.Later once you learn to project those amazing things seem to fade away. I have watched myself once leave my self in bed and walk up to my bedroom window , while I sat in a corner on the bedroom being able to see myself in bed, under invisible blankets, while the obe body moved around the room. it was not a scary experience, it was more like how did this happen. its almost like at the time of separation you separated twice. So your female friend is correct in what she said. It happens..i think its called bi-location. I remember thinking that my obe body looks an invisible grey color,mass, floating thing yet somehow its able to function. I can say that when it did happen that my consciousness was in my 3rd position body, not in the body that left itself or the body in bed.

Zecora

Why not?
I've floated behind myself, watching in third person, both while asleep(dreaming body as well as physical body sleeping in bed) and awake.  Turns out we have many bodies, we are more than our cells, shape, etc., physical, emotional/astral/dream, and mental. 

The mental "I" is more akin to formless, timeless, self-illuminating.  With an obe, that "form" we use is just a tool to interact with the environment, and can be divided, and I can "toggle" from 1st person to 3rd between them, as well as from physical to none physical, it's quite fun.  So it's not that unusual for me to hear your friend experience it to an unspecified degree.
So yes, experienced it, is it just a dream?  Well, I've done it in dreams(3rd person), then decided to leave the dream to a full OBE, so it can be, but it's up to the person.
I'm tired of this hostile environment, and aggressive, dogmatic moderation.  I'm taking my 40+years of OBE experience to a forum, where those who can and do project at will can further explore without the imposed limitations spurred from ignorance. Peace.

Greytraveller

Greetings all
While I have never seen my astral/ethereal body from a third person perspective I have ready several accounts of people who claimed to have done just that. So while this may be a rare phenomena it IS, IMHO, quite possible. Odd events due Occur while out of body from time to time and this, apparently, is one of them.
Now Why this happens is conjecture. In the Hindu cosmology humans have several different 'bodies'. These include (but may not be limited to) the physical, astral, mental, causal, Buddhic and atmic bodies. Maybe there Is something to their beliefs yet if it were true then one could expect to see many of those multiple selves during nearly every OBE. And, of course, this phenomena is quite rare.

Regards  8-)
Grey

soarin12

I've also moved from 1st person to 3rd person perspective a few times during projections.  I don't make a conscious choice to do it, it just happens.  Once, I remember I switched to 3rd person because my 1st person energy body was experiencing pain.  At the time I didn't know or think about the fact that I could turn off the pain with my mind, so a quick logical answer was to distance my self from 'myself' (move to 3rd person) to stop the pain.  It was just an intuitive move on my part.  When the switch happens it seems very natural and I almost don't even recognize it as  something different and interesting until I write the experience in my journal, really thinking about and analyzing everything.