What are your feeling about Guides?

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmougsly

Recently I have had what I consider to possibly be my first OBE.  I have never considered myself to have any fear relating to having an OBE with the exception of meeting my guide (if any).  That may seem silly, but I just imagine it would be quite scary to run into some stranger watching me in such a new state (god forbid talk to me).  

One thing that puzzled me is that when exploring my house in this OBE I walked past a mirror and looked at myself.  I could see that my eyes were very red and almost closed and things were somewhat blurry.  Then out of another room walked my sister (she was not in my physical house at the time and she looked more like she did when she was 5 or 6 instead of her present age of 12).  She actually turned to me and said "Open your eyes" one or two times which then allowed me to open my eyes and see more clearly.

I wondered if perhaps she was some sort of guide manifesting as one of the most harmless people in order to assist me?  Is that possible?

beavis

I'll not let anyone guide me, only tell me things that I consider then choose my own actions.

astralspinner

If you actually believed it was your sister at the time, you might want to work on your lucidity level during AP. Just a suggestion.

I personally don't believe in guides at this point. I don't say they DON'T exist, but I've zero reason to think they do.

EnderZ

I believe that there are guides. However it seems now a days that people are expecting a guide to be there every single time they project. Especaily the first time.

Its like as soon as they get out for the first time, they spend all of their time looking for their guide, and second guessing who it could be.

If a guide was watching, and he wanting to make himself known, he would.  Otherwise why go through that trouble of could this be my guide? no no, maybe this? or maybe this person? hmmm well it could be....

-En

Tayesin

Hi mrmougsly,
It's interesting that you saw your reflection in the mirror.  No wonder your sister said Open your eyes.

You were creating the mirror image in your mind.  Which is why she wanted you to look beyond that, and see clearly.

I do think it was your sister.  And the reason why she appeared to be a different age is maybe because that is how she feels when OBE.  She wasn't your Guide, but she was your sister.

Beavis,
I understand your reluctance to follow any being.  But, what you will find to be your primary Guide (higher-Self) will not lead you astray.  And when the time comes to meet them you will know them.  Other helpers (guides) can only help if you let them, otherwise you are on your own to miss the signs whenever you want to.  So to speak.

Quote from: EnderZI believe that there are guides. However it seems now a days that people are expecting a guide to be there every single time they project. Especaily the first time.

Its like as soon as they get out for the first time, they spend all of their time looking for their guide, and second guessing who it could be.

If a guide was watching, and he wanting to make himself known, he would.  Otherwise why go through that trouble of could this be my guide? no no, maybe this? or maybe this person? hmmm well it could be....

-En

YES !!  Well said EnderZ

Leyla

I have met my guides. Once and only once. It has to be reeeeaaaalllly important for them to make an appearance. I think they mostly only work with you in between lifetimes and not during. But they are real.

QuoteI just imagine it would be quite scary to run into some stranger

Ha! They are hardly strangers. When I met mine I instantly remembered them and knew they'd been with me through several lifetimes.

I think it could very well have been your sister if 1)psychologically she is still a child or views herself as still being a child OR 2) if you still view her as being a child.

I often run into people who are out of their body. Usually they have no memory of it.

Pay attention to your reflection in the mirror. It'll tell you a lot about yourself. With red blearly bloodshot eyes I think you are working some long hours and not getting enough rest. Perhaps you are drinking and clubbing and doing other things which would impair you.

Tayesin

Quote from: LeylaI think they mostly only work with you in between lifetimes and not during. But they are real.

You can change that Leyla.  You can work with them now for your growth, to remember who and what you are and why you are here this time.

Quote from: LeylaWhen I met mine I instantly remembered them and knew they'd been with me through several lifetimes.

Yes...  so well said...  and so true to my own experiences.

Quote from: LeylaPay attention to your reflection in the mirror. It'll tell you a lot about yourself. With red bleary bloodshot eyes I think you are working some long hours and not getting enough rest. Perhaps you are drinking and clubbing and doing other things which would impair you.

Excellent advice Leyla.  Can't believe I overlooked that ...   :roll:

Leyla

QuoteYou can change that Leyla. You can work with them now for your growth, to remember who and what you are and why you are here this time.

They came to me once. I have tried to go to them, but have not been successful.

However... somehow I know that there will come a time when they will be in direct contact with me. But that time has not come yet.

Tayesin

Hi Leyla,
Maybe those Guides are Helpers.  You can go and meet the main guide..  the higher-self.  From there it will all come together easily if you work it and practice daily.  Try the projection method at my home pages... there's a link down there in my signature... you will find the spiritual button, then two others..'white light method' (excellent with daily practice) and 'your place'.  

Both have led to meeting the higher-self in it's role as primary guide for a lot of people in one to one sessions....  so it may take a little longer practicing alone.  And as you succeed you won't be doing it alone.

Be well

:D

Rastus

My guides are my partners.  Most were chosen prior to incarnating.  But not all.  One guide was most definately a concious choice on both our parts, and it was truly my choice (free will and all that).  The possibility was ther prior to incarnatinig, but only if certain things were achieved (they have been).

So what do my guides do for me?  They answer questions when I have them (be careful what you ask for, you may really have not wanted to know).  They teach me things I wish to learn.  They teach me things I need to learn.  They help me with my energy body work.  They nudge me when I overlook things I'm supposed to see.  They LOVE me unconditionally, and I them.

Now, you primary guide is your higher-self.  It is really 'you', the parts of you that won't fit into a body if you will.  Your higher-self works outside of time, so it's always looking at the bigger picture.  You also have at least 2 Angelic guides, guardian Angels if you will.  They have rules about what they are allowed to do, you have free will after all, but they are the ones that show up in times of trauma.

For some people that's all they have.  Others have a veritable cornicopia of guides working with them.  Guides fall into 3 basic types, Human, Angelic, and Devic.  This follows the 3 principle groups on earth.

There are also helpers.  These are beings there to help you with something specific.  Peopel that have transitioned, but are 'hanging around' to help you fall into this category.  There are many helper angels as well, working with you for some specific task only.

Jsut because you can't see your guides, or hear them, doesn't mean they aren't with you.  They are always with you, you are energetically connected.  They know what you know, so you never have to explain anything to them.  Go with your heart and you intuition, in listening tothem.  The more you practice, the easier it gets.

-Namaste
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

karnautrahl

I've never felt that I've encountered any "spirit guides" in the years of various energy practices I've tried. I've worked on people with healing since I was about 15, but no feelings about a 3rd party being present have been there-regardless of the strength of the session (some were startlingly successful).
So far, I've had a complete lack of sense of other beings as guides etc. I've had unpleasent tingles from "knowing" there's something else in the room from chakra training occasionally but that's it.  Yet I've experienced energy work "ecstacy" before now..

So maybe this lifetime, guides wise I'm not supposed to need/see/know them or something?
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

PeterPanic

Tayesin,

I don't understand that thing of parts of the higher self reincarnating. Does that mean there is One Higher self for more than one person?

Another thing is that it seems to me that helpers/guardians/guides are weaker than negs... why don't they effectively protect us against negs? Even the weaker ones? It also seems to me that helpers help is very limited I don't feel them... however I do feel when some neg is sucking my energies.

I browsed your site and liked it very much, we all thank you to share what you know  :roll:
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

::Saint Francis Of Assisi.

Rastus

Or maybe it's more like a carrot dangling from the end of a stick?  How high can you go until you reach?  I used to be very comfortable in my energy work, I knew my 'colors' and stayed in my paradigm.  Now I think of it as never taking your car out of second gear.

Shift your perceptions and energies higher if you want to work with your guides.  You can do phenomonal healing work without conciously percieving higher than the physical.  That doesn't mean there wasn't help there with you.  Imagine what you can do going higher?  What do I mean by going higher?  Ever see the Chakra's?  I mean energetically?  Ever hold one energetically?  That's what I'm talking about when I say push yourself higher.  Sure one way works, but there's nothing wrong with trying to be better at it, is there?
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

narfellus

Quote from: Rastus
So what do my guides do for me?  They answer questions when I have them (be careful what you ask for, you may really have not wanted to know).  They teach me things I wish to learn.  They teach me things I need to learn.  They help me with my energy body work.  They nudge me when I overlook things I'm supposed to see.  They LOVE me unconditionally, and I them.

If it's not too personal, Rastus, can you provide some examples? I'm curious as to some of the details. I haven't contacted my own guides yet, it is something i yearn to achieve.
If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.

Banjoshee

My suggestion is to try and be self-sufficient till you figure what's what. If you go accepting just any spiritie as a guide you may just end up with a big ole fat-head neg sucking your mojo.

karnautrahl

I've gone the self sufficient route as I've had insufficient personal evidence of anything more. I cannot see these things-chakras etc. The only reason I practice is because I can however feel energy and sense the chakras that way.

My youngest brother has been able to "see" energy with his eyes shut for years. Woods and natural places are nearly overwhelming for him.
Yesterday I was pumping energy through my arm to see what he could see. Apparently he couldn't continue to look at it-he said it was like magnesium burning, yet I was only working at a basic level-due to tiredness.  So evidently what I do has an affect that can be seen if one has that sense.

It does seem that certain abilities are not a matter of self belief alone. He hadn't really thought about that, he just could do it.  I taught him the basic energy work 5 years ago, to help him bypass my own years of not having anyone who knew anything about it. I started at 11, he started with my input at 10.

He can see what he thinks are spirits for sure.
I'm very comfortable with my energy work, because nothing I do or try goes any further really. I do not understand what is meant by "shift your perceptions higher" .
I tried several times to find teachers to help me when I was younger-unfortunately I met with "New Agey" wafty individuals who couldn't do what I did. I mean New Agey in the real tinkling bells wafty sense rather than any of you who perhaps practice in a more realistic way :-).  
Mr Bruce and also Salvatore who was on the recent course are two exceptions to that so far (that I've met in the real world that is). :-)

I'm not comfortable with an etheric is it there or isn't it type of thinking. It's not real to me. Hence probably why I can't work with guides etc, not real enough to me. Compared to the heat and electricity of energy work anyway..
hmm...one glass of wine too many and look where I go...
lol
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Rastus

PeterPanic:

You are considerably more powerful than any Neg.  Why do you choose to let it drain your energy?  Why do you choose to keep you energies low enough to let a Neg even get near you?  Negs like 'low' energies, if you only have higher/Love energeis, then negs can't feed can they?  Take away the cause and effect and they disappear.  The law of attraction states Like attracts Like, ask yourself why are you attracting Negs?

Narfellus:

Practical examples of Guides in action?

A long term project has been to get me to Love myself.  Don't laugh, many people don't like/love themselves.  They want to love others, and be loved, but they don't love themselves.  Do you truly like/love yourself?  How do my guides help me with this?  One of my Guardian Angels is like a chearleader.  I'm always getting a 'I Love you' message.  And I've had this Angel for every incarnation.  Think about that, over 22,000+ years of incarnating on earth, and the same Angel is with me every moment I'm on this side of the Veil.  That is what unconditional Love is all about.

Another Guide has been working with me in January to shift my energies higher.  I was getting 'comfortable' working in my normal energies.  I naturally vibrate in a purple/violet range.  I do most of my 'work' in this range.  I don't have to stretch to do this, it's natural.  A lot of 1-on-1 work was done to get me to force my perceptions and energies higher.  Mostly he did it by standing in front of the TV.  Again, don't laugh, it is effective.  I can see him standing there as a golden glowing form.  If I really ignore him, I'll start seeing bright purple dots that look like LED's.  Just his way of getting my attention.  I had a rather amazing attunement in the middle of January that really flushed a lot of stuff loose and it was much easier to shift after that.  I shift at work a lot now, we have a lot of Devics around this area.  Last Sunday I was sitting in church ( A Unity Church, we meditate as part of service) and I shifted up into Gold, then beyond....a sort of Gold with multi-colored accents and the place was FULL of higher beings (everyone elses guides as well).  And if you can shift higher, you can work higher.  I attended a healing in Hawaii 2 weekends ago, not bad for living in Ohio.  Not your classical OBE, but I was 100% present in those healing circles, and actually took a turn being cleared myself.

My Higher-Self first made concious contact last October.  It took me forever to work out it's a partnership, not any master/slave relationship.  When I say 'Free Will' I really mean it.  Many things are 'My' choice, as opposed to 'our' choice.  My Higher-Self sort of ran the pre-incarnation lesson plan until I learned to drive.  Now she (yes, my higher-self is more female than male at the moment) sort of handles the navigation while I drive.  However, there are still lessons she throws at me because I want/need them, even if I conciously disagree.  Last night was a perfect example (ain't synchronicities great!  A culmination of Januaries work, and a retrograde).  Many things came together last night concerning my Path.  All my guides brought things together, then threw it in my lap.  They all, along with my higher self, worked to set something up, but it was up to me to go with it or not.  They lead the horse to water, metaphorically speaking.  So I'm sitting there surrounded by Love and Support, deciding if I want to go with what was being offered, or change my Path right there.  Interesting sensation, but ultimately we change our Path constantly.  We re-write our contracts dynamically, they are always in flux.  Finally I accepted (at 12:12, which has significance for Lightworkers), and the energy surge was poigently intricate (as opposed to numbingly powerful).  My Path is now different than the one I walked yesterday, the only difference being I really Know it.

-Namaste

Rastus

Tom

Recently I have had a few experiences of being helped by a guide of some kind. Until then I was mostly convinced that people who spoke of guides were just making it up as they went along. Either way, the important thing is that I am going on my own experience and not someone else's.

EnderZ

Quote from: PeterPanicTayesin,

I don't understand that thing of parts of the higher self reincarnating. Does that mean there is One Higher self for more than one person?

Another thing is that it seems to me that helpers/guardians/guides are weaker than negs... why don't they effectively protect us against negs? Even the weaker ones? It also seems to me that helpers help is very limited I don't feel them... however I do feel when some neg is sucking my energies.

I browsed your site and liked it very much, we all thank you to share what you know  :roll:

For your higher self, think of it in these terms.
Think of yourself as the tip of a finger. You can trace the tip of the finger, to find that it is connected to a whole finger.  Than after awhile you realize that your finger, is connected to a hand.  Then you realize, that there are other "tips of a finger" that are also connected to seperate fingers all around you, that are also connected to you by the hand.  Now compare the  hand to your entire body.  

The best lessons in life are thoes you've learned first hand. If a guide shoed away negs everytime one was pestering you, do you think you'd ever learn to do it on your own? Or that negs really are more or a nusicence/annoyance than any threat.  We are here to learn.  Not to be spoon fed.  It is up to us to break though boundries that we previously thought where impossible, not to a guide. They are there to watch, and once in awhile when needed, give a slight push in the right direction.

Hope this helps
-En

Veccolo

> What are your feeling about Guides?

I just know I don't need them.
I don't do much, and I do it well.

Tayesin

Hi PeterPanic,
It's like Ender said.  The higher-self is huge, and it can and does have more than one incarnation on this earth as well as other places and realms.  It is active in every level of the astral, every level above that too... into what I call the Soul Layers and then further up until what I call the Oversoul level.  Don't know what others call those levels because most of what I've seen is confused about the astral, mental, atmic etc, and I think that astral to mental is all within the Astral layers.

Guides and Helpers can't do the work for you, they can only help when you ask for it and if you let them.  The thing with Negs is there are contracts we have with them to provide certain experiences here, so they are really helping us to grow through our fears and find the most effective Loving way to deal with them when they attack.  So they too are helpers in that sense.

Hope this helped.

EnderZ

Quote from: Tayesin

Guides and Helpers can't do the work for you, they can only help when you ask for it and if you let them.  The thing with Negs is there are contracts we have with them to provide certain experiences here, so they are really helping us to grow through our fears and find the most effective Loving way to deal with them when they attack.  So they too are helpers in that sense.

Hope this helped.

hmmm, contracts?

Itinerant

On rare occasions I have had exceptionally lucid dreams, in which an individual who appears as anyone of a number of people (appropriate to the message), gives me advice.  Although the appearance is always different (frequently but not always someone I know) I have learned to distinguish and recognize the voice and mannerisms as unique to one individual. I am convinced it is my guide.