What are your thoughts on binaural beats?

Previous topic - Next topic

donzieja

I've been using them to a seemingly more effective extent recently. They used to freak me out a little bit but now they are helping quite a bit.

Sorry I can't type much more right now. I've got school in half an hour.

Xanth

I use them quite often.
I mostly use them to help drown out external noises, but the Binaural sounds themselves are quite good too in assisting me in attaining that altered state of consciousness.

What you should be aiming for though, is memorizing how those states feel so that, eventually, you can duplicate it without having to use the Beat.  :)

dayglowdaisy

The issue I have with them is they are not long enough...I worry the whole time about the end of the beat and then being taken out of my trance state! I need one long binaural beat drone that goes for hours I think. Too bad the ones I have are only 30 minutes!

I definitely have been taken to a trance state while using them, but I did not get deep enough I don't think. I've kind of put them on the shelf for now.

CFTraveler

Quote from: dayglowdaisy on March 21, 2011, 15:49:30
The issue I have with them is they are not long enough...I worry the whole time about the end of the beat and then being taken out of my trance state! I need one long binaural beat drone that goes for hours I think. Too bad the ones I have are only 30 minutes!

Does your player enable to put them on a loop?  That's what I do.

dayglowdaisy

My player DOES loop them, but the problem is they start out faster and then move to that slow, slow drone...which always wakes me up! its like, if Im not in a trance in less than 30 minutes, I'm awakened again ;) a

daytona955

I've had some great results after listening to binaural beats.

Hesperus

I have had faster progress since I downloaded different binaural beats.  I also loop mine on my lap top.  It is a little distracting and I have found that for me at least, the theta slide while listening to it at a lower volume is less disturbing than the other beats.  Someone here said they got some binaural beats for free online and that's how I found mine and I didn't have to register for anything to get them. Anyhow, I enjoy them :)

CFTraveler

If you can afford them (and I don't know how expensive mine are, because I got them at the TMI years ago, and I think they're cheaper when you're there) get Super Sleep.  It's not for projecting, it's for deep sleep but-
It doesn't get you to delta, it's delta all the way through, so if you loop it you won't get the ups and downs.
Even though technically you project in theta I think listening to binaurals for delta will cause a similar effect if you're awake enough- I know that the closer to projection while listening to a binaural has been with super sleep- for me.
And yes, I actually bought it to sleep better, but found it induces projection probably more than a 'standard projection' binaural, which is why I'm recommending it in this instance.

Of course, it is for sleeping, so if you fall asleep on it you will probably wake up refreshed.  :-o

Hesperus

You can get Alpha, Beta, High Theta-Delta, Mid Alpha-Delta, Mid Beta, Mid Alpha, Theta Slide, Pink-White Noise (supposed to mimic what an infant hears in the womb) and Total Sweep (lasts 20 minutes) for http://www.jetcityorange.com/Buddhism/Om.html FREE.  I downloaded all of them.  For some reason they went to my pictures file but they are mp3.  :)

CFTraveler

Thank you, I just did.  Mine went to downloads, maybe it's your browser?

Glivre

The program I use is called altered states by banzai labs. I use its astral projection program when I am attempting an OBE and it works very well for getting me into the trance state. It also has settings where you adjust the length the beat plays from 20 min to 8 hours. If any of you have an iPod or iPhone you should definately check it out. It was a great deal at 1.99 at least in my opinion ;)

Verveman

I have downloaded a few from Amazon made by Technomind.  I prefer the Isochronic rather than the binaural beats.  The Isochronic just seems to get me deeper in a trance.  I usually go for about an hour with the track and then just continue with my meditation with no sound but with the ear phones still on.  I hope to NOT rely on them in the long run, but they certainly do have an effect.  You can find tracks so cheap, it's definitely worth a try.

Xanth

Quote from: Verveman on March 22, 2011, 16:55:20
I have downloaded a few from Amazon made by Technomind.  I prefer the Isochronic rather than the binaural beats.  The Isochronic just seems to get me deeper in a trance.  I usually go for about an hour with the track and then just continue with my meditation with no sound but with the ear phones still on.  I hope to NOT rely on them in the long run, but they certainly do have an effect.  You can find tracks so cheap, it's definitely worth a try.
The difference between Isochronic and Binaural Beats is that with Isochronic Beats, the "beat" is generated externally by the sounds.  It's created into the sound.
With Binaural Beats the "beat" is created in your brain by the melding of the two frequencies.

Hesperus

QuoteThe difference between Isochronic and Binaural Beats is that with Isochronic Beats, the "beat" is generated externally by the sounds.  It's created into the sound.
With Binaural Beats the "beat" is created in your brain by the melding of the two frequencies.[/quote

Thank you.  That was a cool informative little tidbit :)

ajbbinauralbeats

Quote from: Hesperus on March 22, 2011, 12:12:27
You can get Alpha, Beta, High Theta-Delta, Mid Alpha-Delta, Mid Beta, Mid Alpha, Theta Slide, Pink-White Noise (supposed to mimic what an infant hears in the womb) and Total Sweep (lasts 20 minutes) for http://www.jetcityorange.com/Buddhism/Om.html FREE.  I downloaded all of them.  For some reason they went to my pictures file but they are mp3.  :)

I also provide a range of binaural beats, with 2 relating to OBE's. I plan on making more if people like what I have done, but I am finding that people want REALLY long ones, so I am starting to make them an hour a piece.

Check out the site in my signature and let me know if they help out!

KarmicBeats

Quote from: dayglowdaisy on March 21, 2011, 21:52:20
My player DOES loop them, but the problem is they start out faster and then move to that slow, slow drone...which always wakes me up! its like, if Im not in a trance in less than 30 minutes, I'm awakened again ;) a

I like the ones that stay at one level.
Karmic Beats provides free binaural, isochronic beats, ASMR, videos for astral projection, lucid dreaming, study & focus, healing and other meditations.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

Fractal art wallpaper at blog:
http://karmicbeats.blogspot

ajbbinauralbeats

Quote from: KarmicBeats on May 04, 2012, 23:54:44

I like the ones that stay at one level.

I noticed that Karmic, you always have pure single frequency tones. Do you feel that this works better for entrainment?

desert-rat

Hear is a link to a free program to create binarual beats , it will run on windows , mac , and some distros of Linux .    You can use the one that comes with it or make new ones .   http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/     desert rat 

Szaxx

Hi,
'edenBeats' also if you use android, its free too. Download it from play store.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

KarmicBeats

Quote from: ajbbinauralbeats on May 05, 2012, 01:56:47
I noticed that Karmic, you always have pure single frequency tones. Do you feel that this works better for entrainment?

I just prefer it.  I think it works differently for different people.  I may do some that move down in beat frequency.

I am experimenting with different things.  Right now it is background sounds.
Karmic Beats provides free binaural, isochronic beats, ASMR, videos for astral projection, lucid dreaming, study & focus, healing and other meditations.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

Fractal art wallpaper at blog:
http://karmicbeats.blogspot

urshebear

I have been using them for a while but havent projected using them because the ones I used wernt long enough.  I downloaded some on my android lastnight but the one I used put me to sleep instantly, I will keep trying. I really like the sound which is strange for me because I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to repetitive noise. I like that tingle in my head, spine and heart when I listen to binaural beats, it almost feels like an adrenilin rush.

freebinauralbeats

Hello, I am new to this forum and glad I found it!  For those of you wanting longer binaural beats take some time to check out my website http://free-binaural-beats.com  I made this website it hopes of helping others!  There are over 50 hour long binaural beats, including one that is 6.3Hz which is known to help with astral projection.  I am happy to take request for any binaural beats you may want and add them to the site as well so don't hesitate to let me know how I can be of assistance. 

Peace, Love, & Harmony!

Lionheart

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse, I am glad you found this site too. I use Binaural Beats faithfully so I shall definitely try these. Thank you for your post, freebinauaralbeats!
 :-)

Tongo

Quote from: Xanth on March 21, 2011, 09:25:14

What you should be aiming for though, is memorizing how those states feel so that, eventually, you can duplicate it without having to use the Beat.  :)

in a nutshell how do these states feel if all goes well with the bin beats? (rubs chin)

Lionheart

The end goal is always to lose Focus of this physical reality and shift over to a different one.